Fall Stocking Little Clearfield Creek

Author
Sculpin 14
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 429
  • Reward points: 0
2007/10/11 15:18:31 (permalink)

Fall Stocking Little Clearfield Creek

Does anyone know hoe the Fish Commission decided on which creeks receive fall trout stockings. I feel that in Clearfield County, there passing up a nice little Delayed Harvest Area. (Little Clearfield) I know they stock the West Branch right in Clearfield but I think that the trout would be better suited in the delayed harvest, plus the part of the West branch they put they stock the trout in is very slow moving and alot of trout get taken almost immediatly.

5 Replies Related Threads

pxatim
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4786
    RE: Fall Stocking Little Clearfield Creek 2007/10/11 15:38:56 (permalink)
    Basically all the Susquehanna is a put and take river. I saw people fishing in town keeping everything they caught. Then come back later and they just left them there on the bank to rot. I went the other day to the raftsmans **** and all the fish I caught I took and put them on the other side of the ****. I see a bunch made it over on their own also.

As far as Little Clearfield... I have no idea how they determine which creeks get fall stockings. Moose creek didn't get anything, although I haven't been up there in a couple months and I imagine it's pretty low. I believe there is a section up stream on Little Clearfield that is artificial lures only. I've been meaning to get out there but haven't got a chance yet. Maybe next week I'll check that out and see how it is.

Sculpin 14
    Expert Angler
    RE: Fall Stocking Little Clearfield Creek 2007/10/11 15:56:33 (permalink)
    Yeah the section on Little Clearfield your refering to is Delayed Harvest Artificial Lure Only, and that's where I think they should be stocking in the fall, I understand a persons right to keep fish, I keep a few every now and then, but I am looking at the long haul, I like to fish all winter long and by stocking fish in the fall in waters that aren't Delayed Harvest its just giving all those reliefers out there a chance to stock there freezers with next springs fertilizer.
    pxatim
    Pro Angler
    RE: Fall Stocking Little Clearfield Creek 2007/10/11 16:00:15 (permalink)
    No I agree with you totally. I hardly ever keep fish... on occasion I do. I wish they would stock that area also. At least the fish would have a better chance of not only living but spawning succesfully. I don't know if there's any way to tell if they are in the River or not. I'd be surprised if they were though.
    Sculpin 14
    Expert Angler
    RE: Fall Stocking Little Clearfield Creek 2007/10/11 16:36:55 (permalink)
    Another thing about that River that bugs me is the lack of bugs.......I mean there is just zero aquatic insects at all, I've seined for bugs over there before and never had any luck at all.
    pxatim
    Pro Angler
    RE: Fall Stocking Little Clearfield Creek 2007/10/11 19:17:16 (permalink)
    Yeah that's why C.A.R.P. (Curwensville Area Stocking Program) has been trying to get the Army Corp to draw water out of the bottom of the ****. To get that cooler water in the river that will promote aquatic plant and insect life.
    Jump to: