a ride to Penns Creek

Author
2Bonthewater
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 651
  • Reward points: 0
2010/04/19 11:07:14 (permalink)

a ride to Penns Creek

fished Penns Creek (special regs area just upstream of Cherry Run) friday night for about an hour....missed a couple, hooked a couple and landed a real nice brown on a grannom cdc dry fly
thunderstorm just passed through  --  red quills and grannoms were the flies of choice  --  grannoms were in the form of CLOUDS over the water

fished Cherry Run (catch and release) saturday morning--  opening day of trout up there--  and had the stream all to myself.....caught way too many wild brooks and browns.....water was perfect and the little buggers were hammering my caddis dry flies  --

hit penns in the afternoon for about 45 minutes --  water was up a little and murky from the rain.....I was tired and cold so I headed home

Cherry Run and Penns together make it a great place to take a ride to....you can camp overnight --  primitive style  --  in the state forest

that was my plan but I ended up staying at a friends cabin.........good times

I put a few pics up on my website  --  also  pics of some nice fish caught in Manatawny Creek
post edited by 2Bonthewater - 2010/04/19 11:09:50

www.2bonthewater.com

4 Replies Related Threads

pafisher
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3000
    RE: a ride to Penns Creek 2010/04/19 18:28:26 (permalink)
    Yo Vinny,sounds like you had a good time.
    I was out in Ohio,exploring.We got into some Steel but spent too much time exploring,there's lots to explore in Ohio.
    nysteelieguy
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 149
    RE: a ride to Penns Creek 2010/04/19 18:30:16 (permalink)
    What a great stream Penns is. I used to fish it quite often. I used to like the 7 mile All-Tackle Trophy Trout stretch starting at Coburn. Got to get back there this year.
    cooljauman
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1633
    RE: a ride to Penns Creek 2010/04/19 20:33:38 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: nysteelieguy

What a great stream Penns is. I used to fish it quite often. I used to like the 7 mile All-Tackle Trophy Trout stretch starting at Coburn. Got to get back there this year.

pxatim and I have fished that a couple times.  i was up there in the fall about 2 years ago and had fish rising all around me.  quite an experience.  it is only a couple miles from our grandparents so we try to fish the trophy trout waters as much as possible.  beautiful stretch of water to say the least

If the world needed and enema, they'd put the tube in Philadelphia. Go Pens!

Evgeni Malkin: I'M SCORE

S.D.S.G.F.C.
    2Bonthewater
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 651
    RE: a ride to Penns Creek 2010/04/19 21:29:32 (permalink)
    Penns is my choice for top stream in PA............it can reward you and instantly turn around the next day and humble you.........beautiful fish........beautiful hatches.........it is truly a bug factory.........

Hey PA........my arms are about to fall off...........tried fishing tonight and I was missing fish left and right.....arms really didn't want to work........it hurts just to move them....hurts to not move them......need to take a break from everything............

Penns is just one of those streams that you could just walk and walk and walk..........even the stocked water is loaded with wild fish.........absolutely a beautiful stream.........one of many in PA

www.2bonthewater.com
    Jump to: