Juniata River

Author
mem5469
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points: 0
2010/03/16 16:16:06 (permalink)

Juniata River

Can anyone tell me the easiest places to access/fish the Juniata for bass within an hour of State College? Are there any special regs. that I should know about?  

2 Replies Related Threads

cabst119
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 87
    RE: Juniata River 2010/03/20 20:40:11 (permalink)
    There's a brand new access area off 322 just south/east of Lewistown (about 45 min from State College).  Very easy to access with a canoe or small boat.  There's an access near the Arch Rock Road exit of 322 also.  I've done well on bass in this area. Both of the launches I listed above are above have no restictions out of the ordinary.

The river is a "big bass" water below the Port Royal bridge, so there are restrictions on how many/how big of bass you can keep. There are launches every few miles below Port Royal all of which have good bass fishing.
    Greenpikebait
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 11
    RE: Juniata River 2010/03/27 19:40:59 (permalink)
    Mcveytown.......between mount union and lewistown on 522 make a right at the light if your heading from Mount Union and lewistown and head on that road for about 7 miles or less and the river is on the left side of the road down a couple streets excellent small mouth and channel cat fishing at night for the cats of course.........and every once in awhile a stray walley in low light conditions...............for small mouth use helgramites and stoney cats........for the channel cats...we use chunked of fall fish and pan fish. I caught a 36 inch 10 lb cat in that stretch of water on a chunk of fall fish and a 25 inch walley on the same bait at daylight........hope this helps
    Jump to: