Saratoga Lake Open..Lake Lonely not yet

Author
Wisdom
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 374
  • Reward points: 0
2010/03/15 19:17:37 (permalink)

Saratoga Lake Open..Lake Lonely not yet

Went by Saratoga Lake today, almost all ice is gone. What there is left has been pushed to the south end. North end including Fish Creek and the boat launch are wide open. I hear the crappy fishing off Fitch Road was picking up just before the ice went out. Might launch the boat tomorrow and give it a try.
Lake Lonely still has a good amount of ice but it is pulled away from shore and has several open spots out in the middle. It won't be much longer.
Tight Lines...Cheers

A Bad Day of Fishing Beats the Hell Out of a Good Day at Work!!! But work ain't to bad either...flyshack.com

2 Replies Related Threads

nybaitcaster
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 10
    RE: Saratoga Lake Open..Lake Lonely not yet 2010/03/16 19:21:02 (permalink)
    I may head out on Toga myself.  Ice gone earlier than last year.  Did you get out?   Next few days will be nice.    Cossayuna still has ice although not for long.         
    Wisdom
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 374
    RE: Saratoga Lake Open..Lake Lonely not yet 2010/03/16 19:41:20 (permalink)
    Got out today. Everything north of Snake Hill is open, still ice south. Couldn't get to Chinatown; fished Manning's for a bit, caught one pickerel. Crappy are biting over by Fitch Road. After yesterdays wind water is pretty stirred up. If you go out watch out for floating debris; logs, pieces of docks, etc.
    Tight Lines...Cheers

A Bad Day of Fishing Beats the Hell Out of a Good Day at Work!!! But work ain't to bad either...flyshack.com
    Jump to: