Intro

Author
nybaitcaster
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 10
  • Reward points: 0
2010/03/10 20:10:16 (permalink)

Intro

Hi.  My name is Patrick (Pat).  I live in the Saratoga area and serve in the military.   I have 2 hobbies.   Fishing and running.   Dont golf or any othe stuff as it would cut into my fishing time.   I picked up a bassboat 2 years ago and dont get home much anymore other than to grab the boat.   I love bass fishing but often fish for NP and other fish that are hitting.  I am also a C&R guy.   Dont even like the taste of fish.   Dont figure.    

I can see from the many posts that there are alot more people like me than I thought. 

Pat

post edited by nybaitcaster - 2010/03/10 20:41:51

8 Replies Related Threads

Wisdom
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 374
    RE: Intro 2010/03/10 20:25:51 (permalink)
    Welcome Aboard Pat!!! I'm in Saratoga also. I'm with you on the C&R, but it is because I just hate to clean fish.
    Tight Lines... Cheers

A Bad Day of Fishing Beats the Hell Out of a Good Day at Work!!! But work ain't to bad either...flyshack.com
    nybaitcaster
    New Angler
    RE: Intro 2010/03/10 20:47:51 (permalink)
    Noticed today that Round lake is all posted up.  NOt that I do much Ice Fishing.   Spring/summer will hurt.    Too bad.   I will have to try a few more spots this year.   Been hitting Round, Sara, lonely and Ballston pretty good.  

Pat
    Wisdom
    Expert Angler
    RE: Intro 2010/03/10 21:35:41 (permalink)
    Yeah, there was an article about them closing Round Lake in I think it was Fridays Gazette. I haven't fished it sense I was a kid, except I did ice fish it once last year.
    My buddy and I hit Saratoga and Lonely pretty good year round. We also try to hit as many other spots as we can. Managed to get to quite a few this winter. Tupper, Raquette, Durant, LG, Moreau, Eaton were some that we got the chance to fish. We will be trying to get back to some of them this summer. Usually we go where we can camp for a couple days, which there are quite a few that you can.
    Will be hitting the steams here shortly for trout then on to the Hudson for striper in mid April.
    Maybe we'll see you out there.
    Tight Lines... Cheers
    post edited by Wisdom - 2010/03/10 21:36:47

A Bad Day of Fishing Beats the Hell Out of a Good Day at Work!!! But work ain't to bad either...flyshack.com
    eagleed
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 425
    RE: Intro 2010/03/11 08:20:56 (permalink)
    Pat:

Welcome aboard and you were already greeted by our excellent Moderator Wisdom.  Look forward to meeting you, as I live in Wilton.  Will get together and let you know the lay of the land on this great outdoor's forum with quality sportsman.
    Sorry to hear about Round Lake, but that has been a warm subject all winter.  The biggest problem is not the ice fishermen, but the nightly parties and snowmobiles/4-wheelers racing around.

Eagle Ed
    Wisdom
    Expert Angler
    RE: Intro 2010/03/11 12:43:04 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: eagleed

Sorry to hear about Round Lake, but that has been a warm subject all winter.  The biggest problem is not the ice fishermen, but the nightly parties and snowmobiles/4-wheelers racing around.

Eagle Ed

The article said it had to do with "rising water levels" guess they are concerned about erosion.

nybaitcaster
    New Angler
    RE: Intro 2010/03/11 13:48:40 (permalink)
    Thanks for the welcome.   Great forum.   Wish i joined a few years ago.  

I will have to grab the article.   Last year the water levels on Round lake were high all spring and summer.  Either way thats too bad.   Caught alot of nice LM there.  

Looking to try some new lakes such as Lk George, Cossayuna, Caruga, Canada, and Sacandaga this year.  I have not done much Ice Fishing.  Mostly a bassbaot spring/summer/fall guy.    
    Wisdom
    Expert Angler
    RE: Intro 2010/03/11 14:24:52 (permalink)
    Cossayuna, the weeds get real thick but I've had luck getting bass throwing buzz bait in the voids and over the top. Was hoping for a stray Tiger but no luck. Caruga, do you mean Caroga? If so, there are splake but hear they aren't of any real size. I've never got any there but did catch some huge gills on a Mepps. Canada, I have only fished once with no luck but really didn't go at it hard. Was later in the day and only fished a couple of hours. Sacandaga or The Great Sacandaga there are 2. The Sacandaga near Speculator I fished a couple years ago; camped at Moffit Beach. Saw lots of trout but couldn't get them to hit, had better luck with bass. If you are into night fishing the walleye are pretty good. The Great Sacandaga I haven't fished sense I was a kid but would love to give it a shot again. I hope this give you a little insight.
    Tight Lines... Cheers

nybaitcaster
    New Angler
    RE: Intro 2010/03/11 20:44:30 (permalink)
    Thanks for the input.  I was thinking Great Sacandaga.  Like you I have not fished there since i was a kid with my dad.    Alot of lake to fish.  Not too far either.   
    Jump to: