West Branch of the Susquehanna

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
BuckLB47
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points: 0
RE: West Branch of the Susquehanna 2007/11/08 19:10:08 (permalink)
haha, thanks sculpin, i dont feel so young now.  22 here.  catty fishing below the dam is really good in the summer when the river is low and they close the **** up, they suck right up in the hot swirls.  I wouldn't be surprised if thats what broke you off down there tim.  we've taken some over 30 inches in there.  but you're right, some monster bass too, could have been either, possibly even a muskie, never caught them out of there, but heard of people who have, i'll just wait and see if i ever get one before i start believing those rumors haha.  I fish farther down than the plant most times though, from about bald hill/frenchville area down to rollingstone bridge has great pockets of fish.  the 80 bridges used to be really good fishing, haven't been down there since the new bridges were built though, looking down in they look really deep, i would imagine some nice fish have moved in by now.  if you know where to go down by the deer creek boat launch there is some good fishing to be had down there too.  i'm a big fan of the slow stretch above hogback bridge up your way on a slow summer day, catch a little bit of everything, if you can keep the snapping turtles from eating holes in your sandles haha.

Buck
pxatim
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4786
RE: West Branch of the Susquehanna 2007/11/09 09:05:35 (permalink)
What's up Buck, I'm only 24 also. Good to see some young central PA guys here on the board. You go to Clearfield?
Sculpin 14
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 429
RE: West Branch of the Susquehanna 2007/11/09 09:38:02 (permalink)
Buck, I fish Hog Back the most, my buddies and I started coming up with Pig oriented names for other hole we fish on the River, the long slow hole you refered to above hog back (Rails to Trails Access?) we call Pig Belly, the old train bridge about that we call Bacon Strips, and the I-80 bridge to the rail road bridge above we call Pigs Feet.

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.

http://flickr.com/photos/fellowshipanglerleague/
BuckLB47
New Angler
RE: West Branch of the Susquehanna 2007/11/09 12:13:31 (permalink)
Yeah, i did go to clearfield tim, graduated in 03.  Anthony Buck is the real name.   I've fished all those places sculpin, nice names haha. be a good way of bragging about fishing and not letting people know where you're talking about.   never forget the first time i fished there with a buddy of mine, middle of summer, working some poppers and woolly buggers down the pig belly hole and kept feeling something tugging on my shoe, just passed it off as current pushing on my foot, looked down and there was a big snapping turtle biting on my sandle, its jsut a good thing i have a bad habit of wiggling my toes while i fish haha.

Buck
BuckLB47
New Angler
RE: West Branch of the Susquehanna 2007/11/09 12:18:32 (permalink)
i just looked at your profile tim, i know who you are, should have made the connection sooner.  my bad

Buck
pxatim
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4786
RE: West Branch of the Susquehanna 2007/11/09 12:22:27 (permalink)
It's all good man. At least now I can put a name to a face!
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: