Author
2Bonthewater
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 651
  • Reward points: 0
2010/01/13 20:01:06 (permalink)

Deep Creek Lake, Montgomery County

Fished the lake today from 3pm to 6pm..........INSANE

When I got there I saw about a dozen folks......spoke with 3 as they were leaving and I was told it was slow and I should have been there yesterday.....I had the lake almost to myself within' half an hour or so.......

I didn't drill a hole, just used what was there........I turned on the SHOWDOWN digital fish finder and got to work.....THIS MACHINE IS AWESOME

I caught fish for pretty much the entire 3 hours.......lots of gills, lots of crappie and one trout

They were on smaller jigs tipped with one or two spikes.......as darkness came, I switched to a jig and really started to nail the crappie........I even caught fish in total darkness.......thanks to the SHOWDOWN......that was the only light on the ice......lots of suspended fish..........

the Fiskas tungsten jigs are SWEET.......been using a small 3mm (I think) blue one tipped with a spike....the smaller the meal the better

water depth ranged from 6.8 feet to 10

ice thickness was about 5 inches

www.2bonthewater.com

2 Replies Related Threads

Tracker12
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 174
    RE: Deep Creek Lake, Montgomery County 2010/01/14 20:21:18 (permalink)
    i haven't ice fished in 20 years but really wan to get up to DC and give it a try.  Any areas of the lake that is  better than others?
    2Bonthewater
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 651
    RE: Deep Creek Lake, Montgomery County 2010/01/18 20:03:08 (permalink)
    Not really........I have never done well near where the creek comes in............behind the Tennis Courts is usually good--try to locate the creek channel...........out from the beach area is usually good.....

I have seen folks catch fish all over the lake, with exception to where the creek comes in......

www.2bonthewater.com
    Jump to: