Can Someone Help Me With This? Truth/Fiction?

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Wally Cat
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1073
  • Reward points: 0
2010/01/04 18:58:08 (permalink)

Can Someone Help Me With This? Truth/Fiction?

Subj: Gun control??? freedom??

This is a bunch of crap. Call all your elected officials.

look what's on the 2010 tax return

Looks like it's finally happening. I will write on my tax return "When Hell Freezes Over" Time to take a stand!
>         Gun owners... look what's on the 2010 tax return
>         The American  public had better wake up.  This is about as scary as it  gets.  Talk about a slippery slope.  Hitler started the same  way . Freedom evaporated before anyone knew what was happening. 
>         
>          Subject:  Gun  owners... look what's on the 2010 tax  return
>         
>                    
>             
>                 VERIFIED  – TRUE by snopes.com<http://snopes.com/>  
>          http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/blairholt.asphttp://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/blairholt.asp>
>          
>           As  if we didn't have enough to get upset about!  If  you have a gun, I hope it isn't registered! 
>          It  begins... more Freedom gone... the right to protect  yourself and your family gone!  Now ALL GUNS must  be listed  on your next (2010) tax return! 
>           Senate Bill SB-2099 will require  us to put on our 2009 1040 federal tax form all guns  that you have or own.
>          It  will require fingerprints and a tax of $50 per gun. 
>           This bill was introduced on  February 24, 2009, by the Obama staff.  BUT, this  bill will only become public knowledge 30 days after the  new law becomes effective!  This is an amendment to  the Internal Revenue Act of 1986.  This means that  the Finance Committee has passed this without the Senate  voting on it at all.  Trust Obama?  You must  be kidding!
>          The  full text of the IRS amendment is on the U.S. Senate  homepage: www.senate.gov<http://www.senate.gov/> <http://www.senate.gov/<http://www.senate.gov/>> .  You can find the  bill by doing a search by the bill number,  SB-2099.  You know who to call; I strongly suggest  you do.  Please send a copy of this e-mail to every  gun owner you know.
>          Text of H.R.45 as Introduced in  House: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale  Act of 2009: www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/text<http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/text> <http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/text<http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/text> >  
>          Obama's Congress is now starting  on the firearms confiscation bill.  If it passes,  gun owners will become criminals if you don't fully  comply.
>           It  has begun... Whatever Obama's "Secret Master Plan" is...  this is just the 'tip of the iceberg!' 
>          Very Important for you to be  aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House.  This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of  Sale Act of 2009.
>          Even gun shop owners didn't know  about this because the government is trying to fly it  under the radar as a 'minor' IRS revision, and, as  usual, the 'political' lawmakers did not read this bill  before signing and approving it! 
>          To  find out about this - go to any government website and  type in HR 45 or Goggle HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm  Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009.  You  will get all the information.
>          Basically this would make it  illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY  pistol unless:  1) It is registered  2) You  are fingerprinted  3) You supply a current Driver's  License  4) You supply your Social Security  number  5) You will submit to a physical &  mental evaluation at any time of their choosing 
>          Each update change or ownership  through private or public sale must be reported and  costs $25.  Failure to do so you automatically lose  the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year  in jail.
>          There is a child provision  clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access  provision.  Gun must be locked and inaccessible to  any child under 18.  They would have the right to  come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely  away from accessibility to children and fine is  punishable for up to 5 years in prison. 
>          If  you think this is a joke - go to the website and take  your pick of many options to read this.  It is long  and lengthy.  But, more and more people are  becoming aware of this.  Pass the word along.   Any hunters in your family pass this along. 
>          This is just a "termite"  approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming  of our society to the point we have no defense - chip  away a little here and there until the goal is  accomplished before anyone realizes it. 
>          This is one to act on whether  you own a gun or not..   
>
>
>          <   http://thomas..loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.45<http://thomas..loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.45>>  :
>          <   http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/showhttp://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/show>> 
>           GovTrack.us<http://govtrack.us/> ) <   http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-45http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-45>>   
>
>          Please.. copy and send this out  to EVERYONE in the USA , whether you support the Right  to Bear Arms or are for gun control. We all should have  the right to choose.  

Enjoy Life, Be Happy, Go Fish - Often!

"God has blessed America - may He continue to do so, even though we are not worthy of it".
Author..... Wally Cat

30 Replies Related Threads

pghmarty
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5951
    RE: Can Someone Help Me With This? Truth/Fiction? 2010/01/04 20:59:08 (permalink)
    Some gun shows are requiring all sales to go through a NCIC background check.
    Even private sales between individuals walking around  at a show.

Glad I sold all of mine over 10 years ago
    post edited by pghmarty - 2010/01/04 22:50:41
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8561
    RE: Can Someone Help Me With This? Truth/Fiction? 2010/01/04 21:49:14 (permalink)
    Fiction! Neither bill ever made it out of committee, let alone passed.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/taxreturns.asp

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
    Wally Cat
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1073
    RE: Can Someone Help Me With This? Truth/Fiction? 2010/01/05 07:16:33 (permalink)
    Thanks for the information Spoon. Went to the link you posted and read it all. My blood pressure just went back to normal.

Enjoy Life, Be Happy, Go Fish - Often!

"God has blessed America - may He continue to do so, even though we are not worthy of it".
    Author..... Wally Cat
    Mr.Slickfish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4528
    RE: Can Someone Help Me With This? Truth/Fiction? 2010/01/05 07:49:28 (permalink)
    You can always count on spoon for FACTS. You may not agree with them....facts none the less.

Thanks for that Mr. Spoonchucker! 

I don't always snag fish, but when I do...
    I choose Little Cleos

I'm the best looking smartest snagging poacher alive...
    DarDys
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4893
    RE: Can Someone Help Me With This? Truth/Fiction? 2010/01/05 08:03:42 (permalink)
    Thanks for clearing that up Spoon.

My question is -- Why was it even in committe to begin with?

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
    Mr.Slickfish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4528
    RE: Can Someone Help Me With This? Truth/Fiction? 2010/01/05 09:27:41 (permalink)
    $

I don't always snag fish, but when I do...
    I choose Little Cleos

I'm the best looking smartest snagging poacher alive...
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    RE: Can Someone Help Me With This? Truth/Fiction? 2010/01/05 11:49:50 (permalink)
    "My question is -- Why was it even in committe to begin with?"

Legislators can introduce any bill they want. Doesn't mean they will ever be voted on. Here's why this Rep. introduced this bill.  

"Blair Holt, the bill's namesake, was a 16-year old honor student in Chicago who was murdered in May, 2007 when another teenager began firing a handgun on a public bus in a gang-related attack. Acting heroically, Holt moved to shield a female rider from the bullets, and he was struck in the abdomen and died.

GreenGarrett Evans, a shooting survivor at Virginia Tech, talks with Ronald Holt during a 'Lie In' silent memorial for the victims of gun violence. Holt wears a button with a photo of his son, Blair, on his suit.
    At his funeral, Rep. Bobby Rush pledged to introduce a strong new gun tracking bill in the 110th Congress in Holt's memory. Rush's Blair Holt Bill Licensing and Record of Sale Bill of 2007 failed to make it out of the House Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism and Homeland Security. Rush's new bill in the current 111th Congress is a rehash of this previous effort."

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
    DarDys
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4893
    RE: Can Someone Help Me With This? Truth/Fiction? 2010/01/05 12:00:44 (permalink)
    So, taxing me, a law abiding citizen, on my rifles and shotguns, would have stopped a teenager, who can't legally own a handgun, from committing an act of gang violence?  I see the logic now.

Not to get into a gun control debate, but I saw a printed stat sheet (so, no I can't produce it here for verification and I am not going to take the time to do the needed research) that showed that the number of youths, age 0 to 24 that died or were injured due to gun related deaths -- murder, accidental discharge, suicide, etc. -- was about equal to the number of the same age group drowning in buckets during the same time period of the study.  To really protect the youth, maybe we should ban disposable lighters, if I recall correctly they were responsible for many times the number of deaths and injuries with the same age group as guns according to the same source.  Could be a bunch of hooey, I don't know.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
    RhnstnCowboy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2583
    RE: Can Someone Help Me With This? Truth/Fiction? 2010/01/05 12:08:10 (permalink)
    It is a common element of Puritanical zeal to blame the object, whether it be a gun, a knife, or a jug of whiskey, instead of getting to the root cause, which is the evil in man’s heart and Original Sin.
    post edited by RhnstnCowboy - 2010/01/05 12:46:27

"Part of being a Leftist is the smug conviction that you and people like you are smart, while everyone else is stupid and/or evil"
    - T. Fleming
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    RE: Can Someone Help Me With This? Truth/Fiction? 2010/01/05 12:16:58 (permalink)
    "Could be a bunch of hooey, I don't know."

I'd have to seriously question those numbers.

The post I made, referred to HB-45 Blair-Holt, which had nothing to do with taxation. Or even necessarily prevention, but rather being able to trace the weapon to the suspect.

It was SB-2099, that dealt with taxation. I don't know the idea, or motivation behind that one. But it met the same fate. 

Step Up, or Step Aside

GL
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    RE: Can Someone Help Me With This? Truth/Fiction? 2010/01/05 12:29:04 (permalink)
    Darby,

Many congessmen, and a fair amount of senators come from districts with a high rate of gun violence. Their constituents want something done about it. The effectiveness of any legislation they introduce may very well be highly debatable. But if they want to hold onto their seat, they need to be seen as at least making an attempt to adress the problem.

Step Up, or Step Aside

GL
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    RE: Can Someone Help Me With This? Truth/Fiction? 2010/01/05 12:35:19 (permalink)
    RC,

Evil has resided in the hearts of men since the beginning. Mankind, is not going to change that. The best we can do is try to contain that evil. And lessen their ability to perptrate their evil intentions.

Step Up, or Step Aside

GL
    S-10
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5185
    RE: Can Someone Help Me With This? Truth/Fiction? 2010/01/05 12:37:05 (permalink)
    In general, as long as there are more conseratives, both Repub and Dem, in congress than there are liberals these bills are nothing more than a waste of taxpayers money to make a political point for the one introducing it. The one real concern for those against gun control is when you have a liberal president picking the Superme court justicies along with a Dem controlled senate as we do now. The wrong persons sitting on the bench could end gun ownership with a stroke of the pen. Like it or not, the NRA is the only non govermental group that has enough clout to slow down the march towards gun confiscation. The more members it has the stronger it becomes.
    World Famous
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2213
    RE: Can Someone Help Me With This? Truth/Fiction? 2010/01/05 12:41:20 (permalink)
    Spoon, we have asked those boneheads to do ANYTHING for the last 3 years .
    BenC
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 130
    RE: Can Someone Help Me With This? Truth/Fiction? 2010/01/05 13:10:04 (permalink)
    Like it or not, the NRA is the only non govermental group that has enough clout to slow down the march towards gun confiscation.

I dont ever see it coming to that in the USA. That would be a huge mess.
    World Famous
    Pro Angler
    RE: Can Someone Help Me With This? Truth/Fiction? 2010/01/05 13:16:56 (permalink)
    BEN, thats what Austrailia thought.
    RhnstnCowboy
    Pro Angler
    RE: Can Someone Help Me With This? Truth/Fiction? 2010/01/05 13:20:39 (permalink)
    And Canada.

"Part of being a Leftist is the smug conviction that you and people like you are smart, while everyone else is stupid and/or evil"
    - T. Fleming
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    RE: Can Someone Help Me With This? Truth/Fiction? 2010/01/05 13:36:11 (permalink)
    Neither of which, has/had the constitutional protections the U.S. has.

Step Up, or Step Aside

GL
    RhnstnCowboy
    Pro Angler
    RE: Can Someone Help Me With This? Truth/Fiction? 2010/01/05 13:38:05 (permalink)
    The Constitution is a dead letter.

- T. Fleming
    S-10
    Pro Angler
    RE: Can Someone Help Me With This? Truth/Fiction? 2010/01/05 13:49:44 (permalink)
    Many in the Majority Congress and the President view the Constitution an a moving object to be changed with the changing atitudes of the population. We came within one vote of losing gun rights not too long ago and some liberal mayors and others even now are ignoring that decision and hoping no one has the money necessary to fight them in court.
    World Famous
    Pro Angler
    RE: Can Someone Help Me With This? Truth/Fiction? 2010/01/05 14:01:46 (permalink)
    My days are to far removed from high school and democracy class but the congress can pass an amendment can,t they ?
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    RE: Can Someone Help Me With This? Truth/Fiction? 2010/01/05 14:09:29 (permalink)
    "Many in the Majority Congress and the President view the Constitution an a moving object to be changed with the changing atitudes of the population."

So did the founding fathers. Which is why they provided a mechanism for ammending it. 

Step Up, or Step Aside

GL
    RhnstnCowboy
    Pro Angler
    RE: Can Someone Help Me With This? Truth/Fiction? 2010/01/05 14:19:00 (permalink)
    post edited by RhnstnCowboy - 2010/01/05 14:20:11

- T. Fleming
    S-10
    Pro Angler
    RE: Can Someone Help Me With This? Truth/Fiction? 2010/01/05 14:26:55 (permalink)
    The amendment process is long and difficult but was meant to be. The folks I'am talking about want to make it faster and easier.
    World Famous
    Pro Angler
    RE: Can Someone Help Me With This? Truth/Fiction? 2010/01/05 14:28:34 (permalink)
    Can,t happen here. 75 people out of 320 million can make the change. Scares the crap out of me. But thats just me, I scare easily.
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    RE: Can Someone Help Me With This? Truth/Fiction? 2010/01/05 14:35:17 (permalink)

No work of man is perfect. It is inevitable that, in the course of time, the imperfections of a written Constitution will become apparent. Moreover, the passage of time will bring changes in society which a Constitution must accommodate if it is to remain suitable for the nation. It was imperative, therefore, that a practicable means of amending the Constitution be provided.

Thomas Jefferson on the Constitution, and the amendment process:

http://historyofideas.org/jefferson/quotations/jeff1000.htm
    post edited by spoonchucker - 2010/01/05 14:39:23

Step Up, or Step Aside

GL
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    RE: Can Someone Help Me With This? Truth/Fiction? 2010/01/05 14:36:50 (permalink)
    "Can,t happen here. 75 people out of 320 million can make the change."

You better research the process. It takes just a little more than that.

Step Up, or Step Aside

GL
    S-10
    Pro Angler
    RE: Can Someone Help Me With This? Truth/Fiction? 2010/01/05 14:38:27 (permalink)
    The wrong President picking the wrong Supreme court Justices and that can change and Spoon knows it full well.

in 2000 when asked what kind of judges he'd appoint, Al Gore replied, "I would look for justices of the Supreme Court who understand that our Constitution is a living and breathing document, that it was intended by our founders to be interpreted in the light of the constantly evolving experience of the American people."
    RhnstnCowboy
    Pro Angler
    RE: Can Someone Help Me With This? Truth/Fiction? 2010/01/05 14:46:49 (permalink)
    Thomas Jefferson on the Constitution, and the amendment process:

Jefferson had very little, if anything, to do with the writing of the Constitution. Most of it was authored by James Madison, with some input from Alexander Hamilton. However, many statesman of the time, including George Mason and Patrick Henry, refused to support the Constitution, partly because Hamiltion was involved. Hamilton had grand plans of mass-centralization and concentration of power and wealth in the hands of Northeast business interests. Hamilton nee Henry Clay nee Abraham Lincoln would be very proud at how wealth and power have been concentrated in the hands of a few rich Northeasterners and global elites. Mason and Henry would be sick. Mason and Henry were right.

"It is true that we are compleatly under the saddle of Massachusets & Connecticut, and that they ride us very hard, cruelly insulting our feelings as well as exhausting our strength and substance. Their natural friends, the three other eastern States, join them from a sort of family pride, and they have the art to divide certain other parts of the Union so as to make use of them to govern the whole."
    - Thomas Jefferson
    post edited by RhnstnCowboy - 2010/01/05 15:25:57

- T. Fleming
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to: