Ice pranks

Author
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
  • Reward points: 0
2009/12/26 09:28:51 (permalink)

Ice pranks

Came across this thread on another site and thought it was hilareous..

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=123644.0

Not a prank but the funniest thing I ever saw while Ice fishing was on Bull Dam about 20 years ago..

I was taking out my new Ice Hut had been fishing in the open for years and now I finally had a brand new hut..

It was quite windy so we had to keep one person in the hut at all times so it didn't blow away...

The fella with me was a little on the larger size and was manning the hut while I went out to do some jigging....

I look over just as a big gust of wind hits the hut and it really strains to stay up right..
My buddy decided to stand up and look down the hole at the same time the gust of wind hit...Once you get 300lbs moving forward it's kinda hard to stop it...Inertia and all..
The wind flipped the shanty and pushed him over onto his face and the front wall of the hut...
As I am running over to help him the wind is puching him and the shanty across the ice until our lines are now trailing out of the hut...

When I get too him and the hut stops skating across the ice, I look inside and Kev is laying on his back with the minnow bucket chugging water and bait all over him, he was wrapped up in 4 rods, 2 chairs, a radio and all our tackle in 1 pile...
He tried to get up and put his hand on the still lit lanter and burned his hand and the lantern melted a nice hole in the hut wall....

And then just to pour salt into his wounded pride..His new hunting coat he wore ice fishing to keep him toasty, blew out of the back of the truck somewhere on the way home...

Needless to say it was the last time Kev went ice fishing with us..

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

3 Replies Related Threads

grimm reaper
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 186
    RE: Ice pranks 2009/12/27 23:07:39 (permalink)
    lol that is hilarious me and my buddy where ut at shenango and he went to answer his phone and it slipped out his hands and went straight through the ice hole
    gizmos
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1190
    RE: Ice pranks 2009/12/28 09:21:32 (permalink)
    All good stuff ! Over the years I've had friends pull up A container of Hawian punch (his favorite) , AN 18" bass wind chime, and YEARS ago my then boss got to pull up a huge unmetionable (From a batchelor party the night before) He was pretty ticked off as that was the only flag that I let him beat me to all day. The next morning my bud was yellin for me to get up and get my boots on as the neighbors dog was running around with its new chew toy ! After a couple minutes of "you cant catch me" we finally got it back. Did not need the pup taking that thing home !!

Eat what you catch,troll for cows.
    chili pepper
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 745
    RE: Ice pranks 2009/12/28 10:34:13 (permalink)
     We were heading home after a "tough" day. Nobody is saying much, when Paul says, "I should not have had that last beer."

That gets everyones attention, and he says "it was bad enough that I spent 10 minutes trying to light a Slim Jim, now I just took a big bite off the end of my cigar."
    Jump to: