tips for ice fishing

Author
jkbugger
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 211
  • Reward points: 0
2009/12/20 15:11:38 (permalink)

tips for ice fishing

not looking for anyone to give away secrets, but just general tips maybe some of us have never tried.

For staying warm I always were sock liners and those cheap 1$ strechy gloves, liquor helps sometimes too.

This may sound a little nutty but last year my friend started walking the extra line when I was battling big lakers, when your dealing with 100ft+ of line knots suck, after landing or losing the fish it made throwing the line back down the hole super easy, the depth was maked on the line, but no tangles just throw a minnow on and right back down.

"Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years."
Charles Haas

2 Replies Related Threads

craveman85
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 101
    RE: tips for ice fishing 2009/12/21 07:20:29 (permalink)
    get a small bait bucket that you can fit in a hole in the water so you dont freeze your bait.  use perch eyes for bait,  fish where you catch fish in summer...  always help out other fishermen as they may have cheeseburgers!!!  always share tips with people as they may give you some you didnt know and you may do the same for them.  if you see one area that always has no snowmobile tracks or foot prints dont walk/drive there.  practice catch and bbq

if at first you dont succeed... blow it up.

you want organic? well then shut the &^$() up and eat a *$&#*( squirrel.
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: tips for ice fishing 2009/12/21 19:53:38 (permalink)
    JK, My best tip on an all day ice especially on the freezing days, I use one pair of wool socks and toe warmers in my boots.

stay out of the stock market /big brother is on the take
    Jump to: