SHOWDOWN

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Big Tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1882
  • Reward points: 0
RE: SHOWDOWN 2010/01/14 09:07:46 (permalink)
I'm glad you like the Showdown,the machines are fun to use I love my Vex. It's VERY hard to fish without them,I only been using a Vex for 8 or 9 years,I just don't know how I caught fish in the OLD DAYS(but I did).They take the guess work out.
2Bonthewater
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 651
RE: SHOWDOWN 2010/01/15 13:55:14 (permalink)
I agree BT.......I fished a lake the other day where I have had spotty success...or actually almost no success at....and finally, I was able to slay the fish......it truly helps your day become more productive by helping you not fish dead holes for long periods of time....no wishful thinking now......either they are there......or they are not...

we'll have to wait and see how the machine holds up long term......or what upgrades they can come up with--

I get plenty of folks stopping by and asking what it is......they all liked it, but they all asked the same question....does it give you a temperature reading.......I reply no......

certainly worth the money

www.2bonthewater.com
Leupold
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 7
RE: SHOWDOWN 2010/01/17 09:19:17 (permalink)
Thanks to all for your comments on the SHOWDOWN order one will be delivered Tuesday, 1-19. Now if the ice holds up. 
papinner
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1083
RE: SHOWDOWN 2010/01/17 09:36:13 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Leupold

Thanks to all for your comments on the SHOWDOWN order one will be delivered Tuesday, 1-19. Now if the ice holds up. 

Where did you find one to order?
2Bonthewater
Expert Angler
RE: SHOWDOWN 2010/01/17 12:56:51 (permalink)
I was asked on another website where they might buy one, I found:

http://www.redrockstore.com/Catalog/index.php?action=show_detail&crn=106&rn=1671

I have ordered from these folks before without a problem........

do a google search and you might find stores that have them in stock.........or call the showdown folks

www.showdownfishfinder.com

PS........all the ice around me is melting away.........
post edited by 2Bonthewater - 2010/01/17 12:57:35

www.2bonthewater.com
papinner
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1083
RE: SHOWDOWN 2010/01/17 14:24:58 (permalink)
Thanks for the info.

I sure hope this warm spell doesnt last to long I'm not ready to put the ice gear away I just got it all out
Leupold
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 7
RE: SHOWDOWN 2010/01/17 16:30:29 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: 2Bonthewater

I was asked on another website where they might buy one, I found:

http://www.redrockstore.com/Catalog/index.php?action=show_detail&crn=106&rn=1671

I have ordered from these folks before without a problem........

do a google search and you might find stores that have them in stock.........or call the showdown folks

www.showdownfishfinder.com

PS........all the ice around me is melting away.........

I have order from www.redrockstore.com great folks to do business with.
They were taking orders for the SHOWDOWN. Found the SHOWDOWN  I purchase in Bismark, ND
Catchabigone
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 509
RE: SHOWDOWN 2010/01/17 21:05:41 (permalink)
I finely got a chance to use my Showdown when I got it 2 of the buttons did not work I had to send it back. The people at Versa Electronics were GREAT they had it one day and shipped it back. It two weeks for UPS to get it there and back, now it works perfect.It shows were the fish are, shows exactly were your jig is at, now you can reel up or down to get that bait right in front of there nose. This is a must have for ice fishing.
I bought mine from http://www.thornebros.com/ and free shipping.

Look to the heavens and thank God everyday that hunting is such a grand part of our lives.
Ted Nugent

2Bonthewater
Expert Angler
RE: SHOWDOWN 2010/01/18 16:13:16 (permalink)
This will be the last I post for this thread.........I fished this morning with the SHOWDOWN and had a great 2 Hours catching nice sized bluegills, crappies and yellow perch.....How I ever ice fished before owning some sort of sonar is beyond me.......the Showdown is absolutely worth every penny I spent on it........

I took the kids out early afternoon.....a beautiful day ( would have been much nicer if the little ones didn't decide to play by their rules today ).......but each one of them kept asking to have the fish finder in their hole......it was great to place it in the hole, watch them flip the bail and have them watch their jig go down to the bottom....then when at the bottom, close the bail and start jiggling......they both  caught a bunch of perch and nice gills and my little girl landed a trout........I let the little buggers fish by themselves--well, they each had their own hole and I wasn't allowed to help.......Zoe managed to catch a nice perch......or, the best was having my little man go:  Here they come--when he saw lines coming up off the bottom--err.....fish......that was pretty cool.....bad news is.....once the wife gets to see how awesome it is.......I am pretty sure I won't get to fish with the SHOWDOWN......same goes for the kids.......maybe next year I will get my hands on another one...........

and oh yeah.......the St. Croix Legend Ice Rods are worth every penny also.......I let the kids use them today....they were a little confused when it POPPED up and I said set the hook........they are used to the schooly's rods......so, add a little split for adjustment and they were watching the pink or orange tip to bounce.....my son goes:  daddy, I like your fishing rod..........so.......something else to buy for everyone......

The premier rods by st. croix are awesome too........I use them for jigging small spoons and the like......and my other most favorite rod is the Ice Blues......that little sucker has caught so many fish

so, the SHOWDOWN rocks.........        

www.2bonthewater.com
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: