LockedSwinger is a human decoy

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
swinger
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1376
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Swinger is a human decoy 2009/11/24 21:17:04 (permalink)
Every once in awhile you make me laugh. Thanks.

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
dru2112
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2265
RE: Swinger is a human decoy 2009/11/24 21:20:25 (permalink)
you got it holmes
dru2112
Pro Angler
RE: Swinger is a human decoy 2009/11/24 21:39:17 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: anadromous

Plural for house?
ORIGINAL: dru2112

you got it holmes

i don't know what plural means.....

ask loomis...he says he graduated :)
swinger
Pro Angler
RE: Swinger is a human decoy 2009/11/26 20:42:46 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: swinger

Since Mr. Glory Hole, I mean Mr. Glory Shot himself has graced us with his presence. Maybe he could give me a history lesson of the center pin. Like when it was started, how it got to the Great Lakes and what have you.  After all he is an eggspert on the subject.

Since he was unable to do this simple request. Can anybody come up shooting with some info on the beginnings of your passion?

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
swinger
Pro Angler
RE: Swinger is a human decoy 2009/11/29 10:56:15 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: deathroe

When swinger leaves the river fish all the water he was at. He was a human decoy that held the water for us centerpinners . Fish on!

Since Mr. Glory Hole, I mean Mr. Glory Shot himself has graced us with his presence. Maybe he could give me a history lesson of the center pin. Like when it was started, how it got to the Great Lakes and what have you.  After all he is an eggspert on the subject.

Can anybody give a history lesson?

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
dru2112
Pro Angler
RE: Swinger is a human decoy 2009/11/29 11:42:38 (permalink)

Can anybody give a history lesson?

i can.

chris columbus came to america in 1492 (maybe you were on that ship?)....with him, he carried a surplus of center pins from spain that the king proclaimed the american indians had to see.  as soon as him and members of the algonquin tribe pinned the hudson river and slammed on striped bass, the resident chief knew he had to get word out to his cousin (who lived on elk creek in erie no less). 
swinger
Pro Angler
RE: Swinger is a human decoy 2009/11/29 14:56:28 (permalink)
You just dont get it.

Can somebody really answer this?

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
dru2112
Pro Angler
RE: Swinger is a human decoy 2009/11/29 15:45:44 (permalink)
where's that oh so funny sense of humor that you have used on board members in the past, swing?
swinger
Pro Angler
RE: Swinger is a human decoy 2009/11/29 16:19:10 (permalink)
The humor is still here. But there is no good information on this thread. I am trying to get some positive info on here. I dont care about the bashing or just having fun. As long as there is good info mixed in, thats all I care about. People may dislike me or dislike my approach on things. But do your homework on threads that I have been involved in. Good info in there. 

Some are just scared of what they truely dont understand.

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
papinner
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1083
RE: Swinger is a human decoy 2009/11/29 16:20:15 (permalink)
Here swinger I'll answer your question.

Centerpin fishing first got started in europe in the 1860's

The centerpin found its way to north america by way of the balkans that were producing a center mount reel.

It got started in the great lakes in the mid 70's but didnt become extremely popular until the 90's.

As far as the what have you part I'm not sure what you are talking about. So I cannot help you with that.
swinger
Pro Angler
RE: Swinger is a human decoy 2009/11/29 16:29:29 (permalink)
I was hoping for something more in depth. A generic off the top of your head answer must do though. Since many have jumped on the bandwagon for all the wrong reasons. I just thought some of these fools should be educated on the history of what they now call their "craft."  I know when I wanted to get into swinging flies and using the two handed fly rod. I spent hours researching the history of my craft.

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
dru2112
Pro Angler
RE: Swinger is a human decoy 2009/11/29 16:30:30 (permalink)

The humor is still here. But there is no good information on this thread. I am trying to get some positive info on here. I dont care about the bashing or just having fun. As long as there is good info mixed in, thats all I care about. People may dislike me or dislike my approach on things. But do your homework on threads that I have been involved in. Good info in there. 

Some are just scared of what they truely dont understand.

i am scared of you.

truely is spelled truly
swinger
Pro Angler
RE: Swinger is a human decoy 2009/11/29 16:40:01 (permalink)
Thanks for the correction. Now if you could only give me a good history of pinning. Like why is it sometimes spelled center pinning and sometimes centre pinning. Whats the differnece? Whats correct? Or it doesnt matter how it is spelled as long as it can put fish to the bank. Click Click

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
papinner
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1083
RE: Swinger is a human decoy 2009/11/29 16:43:44 (permalink)

A generic question will get you a generic answer. That is as far as I am taking this with you. When your ready to start centerpin fishing let me know because it seems as if your doing a lot of research on this topic so its only a matter of time.

I dont make fun of anybody.

I just thought some of these fools should be educated on the history of what they now call their "craft." 

Being a little hypocritical dont you think.

swinger
Pro Angler
RE: Swinger is a human decoy 2009/11/29 16:56:10 (permalink)
For sure guy. You'll be the first I call when I am ready for a pin outfit. So in the meantime just light some candles and draw yourself a bath. Sit in there and spin your reel. When watching your reel spin stops being fun I will be interested in a pin set up. So I should be good for the next few years.

My question wasnt generic, your answer was. I really expected more out of you. Do I have to spoon feed you all the info? Names and dates are always nice. Boy, I bet your teachers always looked forward to your insightful papers. 

By the way...... Calling somebody a fool for being foolish is not hypocritical. It is just stating facts.  What is so hard for you to understand that what I say is just the way it is.  Would you rather just have somebody sugarcoat the true realities of life? Grow up.
post edited by swinger - 2009/11/29 17:01:32

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
dru2112
Pro Angler
RE: Swinger is a human decoy 2009/11/29 17:11:28 (permalink)

For sure guy. You'll be the first I call when I am ready for a pin outfit. So in the meantime just light some candles and draw yourself a bath. Sit in there and spin your reel. When watching your reel spin stops being fun I will be interested in a pin set up. So I should be good for the next few years.

My question wasnt generic, your answer was. I really expected more out of you. Do I have to spoon feed you all the info? Names and dates are always nice. Boy, I bet your teachers always looked forward to your insightful papers. 

By the way...... Calling somebody a fool for being foolish is not hypocritical. It is just stating facts.  What is so hard for you to understand that what I say is just the way it is.  Would you rather just have somebody sugarcoat the true realities of life? Grow up.

thata boy swing!!  start letting people have it again.  i was wondering when you were gonna stop submitting to me.

in response to your reply to me above, i do believe in your native land of scotland they spell it centre (sort of like centre county, pa where your buckeyes archrival calls home).  that's your fun fact of the day.     and i don't feel like reading this last essay your wrote so that will be all.
jimhalupka
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1058
RE: Swinger is a human decoy 2009/11/29 19:31:23 (permalink)
swing,

I would answer your question in depth if only I, like yourself, felt the need to research the writing of other people so I could paraphrase their words in the hopes I will be viewed as an authetic, orginal artist. 

Now, since I've given you the best answer in this thread, will you tie me some tubes as a xmas present?

"Sure, we can assiduously three-quarter our wets downstream, mend and wait out each fly swing, over and over again, which to my way of thinking, anyway, relegates the angler to the role, not of nemesis as it should be, but of butler."

-Art Lee
swinger
Pro Angler
RE: Swinger is a human decoy 2009/11/29 19:53:33 (permalink)
Since my craft was first documented in the early 1800s it would be hard for me to be an originator. I do have some prototype lines here from a line jedi on the west coast. So originator, no way. Purist, not a chance. But I would say I am an interested party.

You still have that pinner mentality of patting yourself on the back.  Loose it, your post was ok at best. I do admit when something is good. Ask dru, he'll tell ya.

Talk to Loomis about the tubes. I dont do them. I use waddington shanks though. They are like tube flies before tube flies got popular. I got nothing against tubes, just not my thing. I have been throwing the thought  around of getting into them. Just havent done it yet. Maybe in the future.

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: