New or Diehard Icemen ...

Author
REEL FORCE
  • Total Posts : 552
  • Reward points: 0
2009/10/21 19:11:53 (permalink)

New or Diehard Icemen ...

Found this great site for the new and diehard Icemen - has alot of info and videos ...

http://www.trueblueicefishing.com/

6 Replies Related Threads

got em
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 107
    RE: New or Diehard Icemen ... 2009/10/21 23:16:25 (permalink)
    that's a site for advertising clam corp.products....yeah it has articles about ice fishing...but if you want REAL info about the ice go to ice shanty.com ..........but thanks for posting it rf...tight lines..
    Wisdom
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 374
    RE: New or Diehard Icemen ... 2009/10/22 09:18:43 (permalink)
    Iceshanty.com . Bunch of us here have been kicked off there by the bias moderators for sharing our opinions about them deleting good posts for no reason other then they had a different point of view then they did. Just about every post turns into a rant and last year a guy was taking pics from a different states thread and posting them as his own and they did nothing about it, but share your opinion they crush it. They are a joke.

A Bad Day of Fishing Beats the Hell Out of a Good Day at Work!!! But work ain't to bad either...flyshack.com
    deadfishred
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 293
    RE: New or Diehard Icemen ... 2009/10/22 10:41:10 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Wisdom

Iceshanty.com . Bunch of us here have been kicked off there by the bias moderators for sharing our opinions about them deleting good posts for no reason other then they had a different point of view then they did. Just about every post turns into a rant and last year a guy was taking pics from a different states thread and posting them as his own and they did nothing about it, but share your opinion they crush it. They are a joke.

I sure have had my fair share of run-ins there, still the only forum I have ever had take disciplinary action on me...ooohhhh, I'm a so scared!! LOL.

The thing is though, there is alot of content on Iceshanty.com that you just won't find anywhere else. Alot of the the ice fishing techniques I use came from the little tips and location ideas that I picked up on various posts there through the years...not to mention that I met some of my best fishing friends on there.

Iceshanty definetly leaves alot to be desired, but I grin and bear it, even with jokesters like fishgamehunter and others on there, the content is worth wading through the crap.

however, I can tell already that most of my ice fishing postings will be here on OUR fishusa forum!
    post edited by deadfishred - 2009/10/22 10:42:14
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: New or Diehard Icemen ... 2009/10/22 12:17:05 (permalink)
    My sentiments exactly too, DeadFishRed...

We get some pretty good local info here on this forum, and as for photos?  Well, you know we all dig our fish/fishing photos around this clubhouse...  Great stuff...

Plus, our moderator is a little more lax on the ribbing and the grass jokes.  I hate it when the inner'net police come storming in an worry about "what the kids will read" on the internet.

Are you telling me that any 12yr old with an online connection is most at risk of being corrupted by a fishing website?  Man, some people are pretty far out of touch with the way the world actually operates today.

IceShanty is what it is...  A good source of info.  But needless to say, it's more fun over here on 'our' site, ha!

The music is way better here among these guys, and everything always smells so fresh!

I think I have seen the most absurdity on the Stripers247 site.  Which, ironically, is how I found this site and met nearly every single person I now fish with in the Capital Region.  While our guys still get some representation on that site during the springtime- it still seems like the best information appears here at FishUSA.

We've built quite a lil' community over here.  It's getting a lot bigger lately, but at least it is still sort of 'ours'.

If it gets too big I can swipe some server space at work and we'll get our own blogspot rocking.  Ha!
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: New or Diehard Icemen ... 2009/10/22 12:33:25 (permalink)
    Shanty has wayyyyy more lurkers (like MFF too) so you need to limit your photo's and info you give out  

Wisdom
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 374
    RE: New or Diehard Icemen ... 2009/10/22 21:56:29 (permalink)
    I'll say one more thing about Shanty. I put up a post about the new tip-up definition to clear up whether a dead stick is considered a tip-up after I spent 3 days on the phone with the DEC finding out, it turned into a rant because of "jokesters" like fishgamehunter (I have another word but I won't use it here) and ended up getting deleted. Yet they keep up stuff from "jokesters" like fishgamehunter up to cause controversy. You can get some good info if it doesn't get deleted before you see. BTW a dead stick is considered a tip-up if it has a spring bobber, bells or other signaling device attached to it and has to be in close proximity of you.

Tight Lines Mates...Cheers

A Bad Day of Fishing Beats the Hell Out of a Good Day at Work!!! But work ain't to bad either...flyshack.com
    Jump to: