When will we get rid of this madness

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2852
  • Reward points: 0
RE: When will we get rid of this madness 2009/10/15 15:59:34 (permalink)
Doc, or anybody else, question about doe togs now.

Do you still have to display your doe tags separately from your general license? Since the number is now the same.
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4417
RE: When will we get rid of this madness 2009/10/15 16:40:45 (permalink)
LOL.....

Just asked that question to the locals here...

reply was ---  "depends on who you ask" ..

there is nothing saying that the doe tag has to be displayed separately...

The regular license has to be displayed... and in the past it stated on your back.. now this year it just has to be displayed... so  my thinking is the doe tags can be inside the regular license holder...

again may need to check with the local WCO and their opinions.......... 

I started putting mine in with the regular license holder once the concurrent seasons started.... saw no reason to have them separate since I was hunting either or...

?????????????????

post edited by Dr. Trout - 2009/10/15 16:46:40
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
RE: When will we get rid of this madness 2009/10/15 16:58:23 (permalink)
There was legislation pending that would eliminate the display of the license.
It didn't get through in time for this year and may make it next.
That's why the digest no longer states it must be displayed on your back..

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: When will we get rid of this madness 2009/10/15 17:11:11 (permalink)
The question was about displaying DOE TAGS.....

not the regular license.
kevinupp
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 606
RE: When will we get rid of this madness 2009/10/15 19:52:36 (permalink)
rsquared, it is my understanding that if you are hunting doe that you still need to have your doe license displayed.  Here's the best part though.... You can fit your reg license and your doe license side by side in a regular license holder.

More than a million trees a year die to print environmentalist publications.
Mountian Man
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4118
RE: When will we get rid of this madness 2009/10/16 14:20:39 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Claypool313

MM.  That's not just bordering on hunter harassment.  Feel sorry for ya.

Only time I've ever been checked, any state, (been hunting for 19 yrs), was when I was 15 or so.  And that was only b/c my forgetful cousin went beboppin down the field without his orange hat on during an extremely warm day in rifle.

I was stopped once by a warden during rifle the year when the 3 points on one side rule came in. As soon as he left I walked 200 yards an one pops up, well I took the shot (small rack had 3 points on one side and just a point on the other and anyways I hunt for the venison you can't eat antlers ).

The SOB must have been spying on me or something cause he came back while I gutting it. F**king yelled out "I saw you shoot that spike!"  He thought he had me until I pushed the deers head over, I'll never forget that blank look on his face LOL 

Don't get me started on Fish Wardens as everyone of them that stopped me came off like an absolute jerk.
post edited by Mountian Man - 2009/10/16 14:22:46

Thread Killer

Veni Vidi Vici...
SilverKype
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3842
RE: When will we get rid of this madness 2009/10/20 13:58:03 (permalink)
Yinz need to git you a female WCO. Got a good relationship with mine.   Always updatin' her on the putzes.   Local DWCO is quite a yack though....   seems to think everyone is guilty until proven innocent. 

My reports and advice are for everyone to enjoy, not just the paying customers.
Blowchowski
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 577
RE: When will we get rid of this madness 2009/10/21 00:43:18 (permalink)
Dr. Trout. I may have missed it if you've posted it, but I have to ask.. How often do you hunt out of state, and what states were they when you did?
ORIGINAL: Dr. Trout

We already discussed this ... but .. one more time.. the wal mart guy is WRONG !!!

the license has to be displayed !!!
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: When will we get rid of this madness 2009/10/21 08:55:00 (permalink)
It is interesting you brought up the quote about the wal-mart guy...

Two different guys came in the store last week snd said the clerks at the DuBois wal-mart told them the same thing they did not have to display the licesne... WRONG !!!

Our local WCO will be at my sportsmen meeting tonight to answer questions and the "display your license" will be topic #1...

As for my out of state hunting...  only 4 years in Delaware while in the Air Force and stationed there (66,67,68,69)

never had the time or money to go to other states...

OH yeah the WCO will also tell everyone as long as they are not hunting deer or bear or fall turkey  
they can shoot coyotes
Pork
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1419
RE: When will we get rid of this madness 2009/10/21 09:25:19 (permalink)

OH yeah the WCO will also tell everyone as long as they are not hunting deer or bear or fall turkey  
they can shoot coyotes

Wow, you are a thick one.

Keep it up Doc, your fan club's shrinking fast.

"If you ever get hit with a bucket of fish, be sure to close your eyes." ><)))*>
Blowchowski
Expert Angler
RE: When will we get rid of this madness 2009/10/21 18:06:06 (permalink)

Dr.Trout:

Actually, I didn't realize there was a second page to this thread, hence my choosing to quote the last post on page one.

Your position can be best described as ancestor worship. I have to wonder, in real life practice, how many people when encountering or in the presence of a PGC rep has -not- been "field checked" while in the field. As I look back over the 33 years I've hunted in this state, EVERY time I've been in the presence of the PGC it has resulted in a field check. While this may be policy, whether the tag is on my back, or in my pocket, -in practice- is irrelevant.

Every other state I hunt has a better way than the PGC when it comes to licensing.
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: When will we get rid of this madness 2009/10/21 18:48:27 (permalink)
thanks for pointing that out....

I can not count my personal experiecnes with WCOs... all the areas I hunt are from 5 minutes to 20 minutes from  my home so I know all the WCOS and Deputies in this area...  If they see my truck most times they will wait to see me come out of the woods at dark... which I apprecite very much...

I usually never get checked..

so my saying that if they see a current tag they may not stop you to check may be wrong in most cases... was not sure.. but thanks... maybe most folks do get checked regardless of a visable license...

Blowchowski
Expert Angler
RE: When will we get rid of this madness 2009/10/21 19:45:51 (permalink)

thanks for pointing that out....

I can not count my personal experiecnes with WCOs... all the areas I hunt are from 5 minutes to 20 minutes from  my home so I know all the WCOS and Deputies in this area...  If they see my truck most times they will wait to see me come out of the woods at dark... which I apprecite very much...

I usually never get checked..

so my saying that if they see a current tag they may not stop you to check may be wrong in most cases... was not sure.. but thanks... maybe most folks do get checked regardless of a visable license...

Like I said: Ancestor worship. You're in a comfortable position. Everything is the way you like it. Everything is predictable. Change is unnecessary.

Remember, the proposed change to the requirement to display your tag really doesn't change anything if you don't want it to. As has been suggested thus far, it only removes the requirement for an individual to display the license. Feel free to continue wearing it on your back.
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3335
RE: When will we get rid of this madness 2009/10/22 12:47:13 (permalink)

LOL.....

The regular license has to be displayed... and in the past it stated on your back.. now this year it just has to be displayed... so  my thinking is the doe tags can be inside the regular license holder...

I started putting mine in with the regular license holder once the concurrent seasons started.... saw no reason to have them separate since I was hunting either or...

?????????????????

Lice. still needs displayed on back.  House bill not enacted & hunt/trap digest had a deadline. Digest is not the Game & Wildlife Code just summarizes some ov the more imprt. regs.
henhouse
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 155
RE: When will we get rid of this madness 2009/10/24 09:39:40 (permalink)
I put my license holder on my flap of my back-pack. While traveling to and fro from my hunting spot my license are being displayed. After getting into my stand I remove the pack and hang it near me. Don't know if it's up to the letter of the law, but I don't have it on my back while bow hunting. Have been checked as I was exiting the mountain that I lease property on, and was asked; "why are you hunting so late"? My answer was; "I'm not hunting late; I am leaving my hunting area and stand that I stayed in until legal shooting were over."  You will love his answer; "Why do you hunt so far back in the mountain when there are plenty of deer out here near the road." Because my ground is over a mile back into the mountain, that's why!! Also; don't like to carry a wallet, so I carry an expired drivers lic. in my holder. It is legal second form of I.D.
Blowchowski
Expert Angler
RE: When will we get rid of this madness 2009/10/24 11:13:26 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: crappiefisher

LOL.....

?????????????????

Lice. still needs displayed on back.  House bill not enacted & hunt/trap digest had a deadline. Digest is not the Game & Wildlife Code just summarizes some ov the more imprt. regs.

As read those bills in the pending legislation area, they all say that they're effective 60 after passing. Has this been passed yet?
CrossForkWookie
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 164
RE: When will we get rid of this madness 2009/10/26 14:52:39 (permalink)
So I'm taking off my hunting coat this morning and there is my license on the back holder and it made me think of this thread of all things.   Wouldn't you know it, I folded the darn thing so it fits EXACTLY in my holder and doesn't float around like some people say it does.  I then looked closer thinking to myself, how and why could some people get so upset about this? Could it be that I am just that smart or was it dumb luck I folded it that way?

I never gave it much thought before just because I didn't see a problem.  Huh.

BIGHEAD
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 670
RE: When will we get rid of this madness 2009/10/28 06:17:31 (permalink)
Cross I thought the same thing about people getting upset about the new license?????????  For as long as I have been hunting I never had any issue with it on my back. I think most hunters really don't care one way or another. But There will always be some people whining just too thats what they do. They are the same people who think the grass is greener ya know

KEEP"EM SCREAM"EM DAVE  ONLY CHILDERN and WOMAN use ALWIVES FOR STRIPER BAIT
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: