3 day weekend results...........Nothin'

Author
KayderossZ
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 110
  • Reward points: 0
2009/10/12 18:16:14 (permalink)

3 day weekend results...........Nothin'

Got totally beat up by the weather in the 'Dacks.  Rain, sleet, snow and hail.  We had it all.  Hardly fished at all.  Did a hike into a trout puddle one day. The trail was  was really steep and rugged.  My buddy and I had to switch off carrying the pack with the boat in it.  As soon as we made it to the pond, the skies opened up and the wind was insane.  Tried to wait it out for an hour or so, but it never broke.  Hiked right out of there without even wetting a line!  Had a real difficult time on the river too.  The wind was a killer there as well.  Total bust; the only silver lining was that the beer stayed real cold.

Showing up is 88% of life!

9 Replies Related Threads

jkbugger
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 211
    RE: 3 day weekend results...........Nothin' 2009/10/12 18:24:22 (permalink)
    Awesome!

Dude we've all had days like that, and you made it out and thats half the battle. You'll get em next time.

"Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years."
    Charles Haas
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: 3 day weekend results...........Nothin' 2009/10/12 19:10:25 (permalink)
    I alway catch me busch beer especially when it gets tough like that! lol

stay out of the stock market /big brother is on the take
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: 3 day weekend results...........Nothin' 2009/10/12 19:34:48 (permalink)
    Mamma said there would be days like that  ... beat work right ?!?
    Wind was strong here all weekend too.
    KayderossZ
    Avid Angler
    RE: 3 day weekend results...........Nothin' 2009/10/12 19:46:38 (permalink)
    Not complaining at all!  Beat work is right.  The fact of the matter is that I learned a lot and got in an insane hike.  Also had some incredible views along the way.

I just wanted to post and give a report since I started a thread asking about everyone else and their plans. Also wanted to give an update on the weekend.

Backin- you'd be proud.  Although no trout met their demise, many, many, ice cold Busch's did!

backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: 3 day weekend results...........Nothin' 2009/10/12 21:29:33 (permalink)
    You mean some here still have jobs!!! I thought this was the unemployed fishermens association forum! kay! I still think the deep lakes are too warm down here in the cats for shore troutin.. had fun and although the fishing was slow, I enjoyed the peaking foilage.. hoping to go up again before most trees are bare. I keep thinking the troutin can only get better. RES is just starting to chill down.. another week or two.
    post edited by backin79 - 2009/10/12 21:36:10

stay out of the stock market /big brother is on the take
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: 3 day weekend results...........Nothin' 2009/10/13 11:04:09 (permalink)
    Z~
    good report.. Shame you walked up there (it ain't that bad LOL) and didn't even fish.. Shoulda cast a few spinners from shore. That little puddle pond is a good one and you did get to hike the giant.
    I have another place for you that is just before LG that is tops and you (we) should try it next spring. Forwarned it's 3 miles and the first is very rough but when it's on it is the place to be (no stocking only egg takes).
    Did you get to check out Everest ?
    the North Pole Campgrounds has sites right on the water there , something to think about next year.

Again thanks for the report and now get your cold weather gear ready for some chrome & hard water !!!

P.S.
    today I am finally starting to feel better and hope all is well by friday so I can get to my property for some robin hood.
    It is supposed to snow there on sat and I'm sure being on top of the Mt. it will.....

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    KayderossZ
    Avid Angler
    RE: 3 day weekend results...........Nothin' 2009/10/13 18:01:27 (permalink)
    Tuna,

First off, I'm glad your feeling better.  Could've sworn I saw you on Sunday- Green Toyota, fishing party of three.  No?  Well regardless,I carried the pack about 3/4 of the way up, when I stopped and looked at my buddy.  There must have been despair in my eyes cause he turned to me and asked if I wanted him to take the pack.  There really was no choice in the matter, and I handed it over.

With that said, I'll do my best to prepare for a 3 mile trail by spring with the intent of joining ya.  Looked at Everest but didn't fish it.  We a fished a few spots on the river, but the wind was relentless- to the point it made everything difficult.  Looking forward to hunting season myself; unfortunately I never got around to getting ready for archery season so I'll just be using the rifle.

hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: 3 day weekend results...........Nothin' 2009/10/13 19:32:31 (permalink)
    No man not me on sunday. I was stuck in bed from last weds until sunday. I did manage to go out and hang a stand in my local spot sunday but sure paid for it. Fever came back and was back in bed until today which I now finally feel better. No swine flu but just the standard 4 week heavy cold and 7 day regular flu. Never before been so sick and think I'm not as young as I wanna be anymore.
    post edited by hot tuna - 2009/10/13 19:40:47

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    REEL FORCE
    • Total Posts : 552
    RE: 3 day weekend results...........Nothin' 2009/10/14 10:47:16 (permalink)
    Even though there was no fish caught - I'll bet ya will remember that trip for EVER ! 

Tuna glad your feeling better - been battling it for the last 17 days and same as you went out and did some yard work one day when I was feeling better and the next day - well ya know ...
    Jump to: