half of a house, with no real good area to keep the fishing stuff...

Author
kyler16
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2396
  • Reward points: 0
2007/08/31 21:39:17 (permalink)

half of a house, with no real good area to keep the fishing stuff...

So the past week Ive slowly been moving furnature into the half house my fiance and I are got. The basement we share with the other half. The other parts of the house are a mud room(i call it the entrane room) our living room, bathroom, laundry room, master bed room with walk in closet, babys room and kitchen. So today came the hard part... where should I put my rods, vest, vest packs, waders hip and chest and boots. I dont want it to be out in the middle of somewhere and Im sure neither does the little lady. does anyone else have this problem. if so how did you solve it?

"If you kill it, eat it. If you eat it, cook it right."
-Steve Rinella

11 Replies Related Threads

indsguiz
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6353
    RE: half of a house, with no real good area to keep the fishing stuff... 2007/09/01 08:50:42 (permalink)
    Well, lets see>  You could give it all away to a needy cause, sell it and buy the girlfriend a nice ring, but I would look to see if you have an attic.  Or I would fix up a spot in the basement for a big locking chest.  Could be made in place and made like 2' deep X 4'wide X 6'tall.  put in some shelves and some rod holders on the sides. and raise it up off the floor on some 6x6's.  With two feet of depth you could have 18" shelves and still have 6" on each side for vertical rod storage.   Plus with 4' of width most 3 & 4 section rods could be racked horizontaly.  Also with the proper setback of the shelves the doors could be converted into rod racks.  Heck be even more creative and make a fold down shelf that covers one of the shelf sections and make a tying bench with light.

Illegitimis Non carborundum
    Porktown
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 9686
    RE: half of a house, with no real good area to keep the fishing stuff... 2007/09/04 09:26:08 (permalink)
    Make sure you don't put if too far out of the way.  I made that mistake, putting my gear in the far off reaches of my basement.  After a month or so, it ended up in a pile, right by the enterance.  Now I moved it to a new shelf, neatly, closer to the enterance.  I have some of my rods haning from the cieling, and others hanging from those "U" hooks that they sell at hardware stores.
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8561
    RE: half of a house, with no real good area to keep the fishing stuff... 2007/09/04 18:27:05 (permalink)
    Keep it in your car. One must be prepared to fish for any thing, any time, any where.

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
    tippy-toe
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4334
    RE: half of a house, with no real good area to keep the fishing stuff... 2007/09/04 18:50:21 (permalink)
    I built a closet in my basement where I can hang all that stuff. You probably know this but if you don't want the waders to smell like a sardine's **** then you need to hang them after you fish.

I have the right to remain silent.....I just don't have the ability
    gizmos
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1190
    RE: half of a house, with no real good area to keep the fishing stuff... 2007/09/05 10:43:44 (permalink)
    I have plenty of free space at my house !!!

Eat what you catch,troll for cows.
    kyler16
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2396
    RE: half of a house, with no real good area to keep the fishing stuff... 2007/09/05 15:32:19 (permalink)
    lol tippy and gizmo. 

I used to keep it in my car, but like tippy said hang it up or it smells bad and thats how my car smelt. plus with a baby on the way wont have much room in the neon.  All my flyrods are in solid BW sports rod holders so in our mud room Im slowly building something of a small closet that kinda looks like a pool stick rack. it looks "country" the lady says so shes ok with it.

"If you kill it, eat it. If you eat it, cook it right."
    -Steve Rinella
    casts_by_fly
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 671
    RE: half of a house, with no real good area to keep the fishing stuff... 2007/09/06 15:55:40 (permalink)
    kyler,

I just moved into a 3 bed room cottage and still have no place for my stuff. But, the bed rooms are 12' x 10' for the master bed room and the other two are smaller. There are no closets to put anything in and no basement. So I need to create a creative storage solution myself for everything.

good luck.
    Skip16503
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4028
    RE: half of a house, with no real good area to keep the fishing stuff... 2007/09/06 16:14:11 (permalink)
    Rick....................... 
    I have plenty of storage here  LOL  And I'm close to the Stream so when you come back over you could borrow anything you want  ................

Want my address??????????????

ORIGINAL: casts_by_fly

kyler,

I just moved into a 3 bed room cottage and still have no place for my stuff. But, the bed rooms are 12' x 10' for the master bed room and the other two are smaller. There are no closets to put anything in and no basement. So I need to create a creative storage solution myself for everything.

good luck.

duncsdad
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 515
    RE: half of a house, with no real good area to keep the fishing stuff... 2007/09/06 21:37:06 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: casts_by_fly

kyler,

good luck.

Rick,

That doesn't sound like enough room for Roxy to roam.

By the way, we bred Darty at the beginning of August so there will be a Pointer puppy in the house by Thanksgiving.  I guess I am back in the birddog training biz.

Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8561
    RE: half of a house, with no real good area to keep the fishing stuff... 2007/09/07 21:20:05 (permalink)
    Casts,

Two spare bedrooms, sound like two BIG closets to me.

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
    steeliesniper
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 11
    RE: half of a house, with no real good area to keep the fishing stuff... 2007/09/29 19:29:26 (permalink)
    i would make a mobile out of tackle, a crib out of poles, and a blanket out of the vests. Problem solved, BABIES LOVE EQUIPMENT!
    Jump to: