Anyone know a good swimming pool guy?

Author
Ship of Fools
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 250
  • Reward points: 0
2009/10/07 08:24:30 (permalink)

Anyone know a good swimming pool guy?

the house i bought in August has a pool and it needs to be closed and a small leak repaired....anyone know anyone?

4 Replies Related Threads

JustMatt
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 29
    RE: Anyone know a good swimming pool guy? 2009/10/07 16:19:22 (permalink)
    SOF Closing the pool is fairly easy. I have alwasys done it myself. If you plan on staying there it adds up over the years paying someone to open and close it. You only need basic tools shop vac plires and couple bottles rv antifreze. As for the leak repair, do you know were the leak is or does it need to be located? If it needs to be located I have found that people who have scuba gear and check the whole pool seem to do a good job. If it is hole you can see get a do it yourself patch. Hope that helps
    JustMatt
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 29
    RE: Anyone know a good swimming pool guy? 2009/10/07 16:20:40 (permalink)
    SOF Closing the pool is fairly easy. I have alwasys done it myself. If you plan on staying there it adds up over the years paying someone to open and close it. You only need basic tools shop vac plires and couple bottles rv antifreze. As for the leak repair, do you know were the leak is or does it need to be located? If it needs to be located I have found that people who have scuba gear and check the whole pool seem to do a good job. If it is hole you can see get a do it yourself patch. Hope that helps sooory for the duplicate still new to this
    post edited by JustMatt - 2009/10/07 16:26:29
    Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 352
    RE: Anyone know a good swimming pool guy? 2009/10/07 16:45:26 (permalink)
    Is it a vinyl liner or cement? I have been patchin leaks in dams pools ponds waterfalls aquariums if it hold water and leaks I have plugged it. forget the jokes I've heard them all on that last part lol. let me know wich it is and I can let you know how to repair it yourself SOF

A lure drawing the first strike of an early morning, the strong tug on the end of your line, the excitement of a leaping fish... that,s livin large!
    Ship of Fools
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 250
    RE: Anyone know a good swimming pool guy? 2009/10/08 07:05:55 (permalink)
    the leak is in the pvc piping near the pump.....it is very clear where it's leaking....i just shut one return off for now.

i was planning on closing it myself but then figured with the leak and it being my first time i might hire someone

still looking for a name if anyone knows anyone....or wants to make a few bucks!

Jump to: