Jimmy Jam Boys!!!

Author
Perch Inc.
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 707
  • Reward points: 0
2009/08/31 13:22:38 (permalink)

Jimmy Jam Boys!!!

Guys, I had GREAT weekend Fishing and Parting with all of you!!! I need MORE!!!!!!!!!! Let's plan an Outing!!!! Saratoga Lake, Mohawk River, I don't care just need to FISH!!!!!! Let's do IT!!!!!  Maybe Jigs has a good place, it would be fun to hit a New Lake!!! 
post edited by Perch Inc. - 2009/08/31 13:30:21

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!

15 Replies Related Threads

KayderossZ
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 110
    RE: Jimmy Jam Boys!!! 2009/08/31 15:09:20 (permalink)
    I was planning on hitting Eagle and Paradox Lake the weekend of 9/12-9/13; however, that could be easily modified to a Ballston/Saratoga/Round Lake outing followed by a monster BBQ/Camping expedition at my house in 'TOGA.  We have 1/2 an acre with plenty of room for boats and trailers and tents and you get the idea.  We are fully equipped with both a gas and charcoal grill. I am about 10 minutes from all three lakes.

If people are interested in something like that let me know.  The only thing is that is the only weekend I have open in September, and it is soon so if something's happen, its gotta happen quick.

Let me know.
    post edited by KayderossZ - 2009/08/31 15:11:12

Showing up is 88% of life!
    Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 352
    RE: Jimmy Jam Boys!!! 2009/08/31 18:09:29 (permalink)
    Sounds great to me! I would love to get on Saratoga or any lake again with you guys. I'm with you Perch the JJ2 was great but kinda wetted my appetite for more. There's a lake stissen wich is one of my crappie favs but only room for about 5 trucks and trailers if theres no one else there. KZ sounds like He's got a start of a beautifull plan.

A lure drawing the first strike of an early morning, the strong tug on the end of your line, the excitement of a leaping fish... that,s livin large!
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: Jimmy Jam Boys!!! 2009/08/31 18:25:39 (permalink)
    Oh man...  Here we go!

For the record too:  Lee's Campground on Saratoga Lake is a really cool place, and always a REALLY good time when I have stayed there after concerts at SPAC and stuff.  They have a ramp of their own (exactly one dollar less than the State Ramp next door- that cracks me up) and lots of room.

Its a Mom n' Pop operation so it is surely a different 'vibe' than a NY State Park or the equivalent.  They have tent sites that are just an open field along the lake- right in front of the docks along Fish Creek near the 9P bridge.  Anyone's trucks, trailer, tents, etc. could be parked anywhere.  And you can sleep right next to your car.

Hell, people could bring a camper if they felt like it.

Just thought it might be worth mentioning   Obviously, there is a considerable heavier 'presence' on Saratoga Lake and people might have to actually behave a bit, but Lee's Campground means no need to load the boat on the trailer after fishing, and a chance for breakfast and morning session, of course.

Sadly, my free weekends are few and far between for quite awhile.  Lots going on, and also lots of hot fishing! 

Hope we can get 'the old band back together' again real soon!

Ah hmmm...  Indian Lake also has some KILLER islands you can rent CHEAP too, by the way.  We could have three sites on one island and have it all to ourselves...  Pike, Trout, Bass, Pannies....  I'm just sayin'

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman
    Duane
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 106
    RE: Jimmy Jam Boys!!! 2009/08/31 18:28:07 (permalink)
    You guys can count me in for anything you put together.
    KayderossZ
    Avid Angler
    RE: Jimmy Jam Boys!!! 2009/08/31 19:56:09 (permalink)
    I'm down for either; what really matters to me is the date.  I was thinking about it and thought that Round Lake might be a good bet being that it is smaller and might be easier to cover for everybody with a smaller boat, but Saratoga is fine too.

I propose the following:

Anyone who wants to hang a bit Friday night (9/11) can come by, eat some moose, and crash here; I have 2 extra beds, plenty of room for trailers, pool table, 10x10 screen house, and plenty of room for tents, etc.  We can meet at any lake we determine on Saturday (9/12) and fish like crazy, then all return here for a Moose-b-cue Saturday evening.  Anyone who wants can crash here, and there's enough room to avoid bad weather if it is an issue.

Post if interested so we can start to look at numbers.  It will never be a JJ II, but we can have a good ol' time.  Feel free to offer any variations to this plan.

hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: Jimmy Jam Boys!!! 2009/08/31 20:48:39 (permalink)
    Sounds great Z~ and hope the guys can get back out for some fall warm water fishin. There is still plenty of good days ahead. For me I'm out on weekends probably until the freezer is full of venison. I know its a ways away but the many winter jams are always a good time ...
    Good luck and keep us posted on the gatherings.

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    KayderossZ
    Avid Angler
    RE: Jimmy Jam Boys!!! 2009/08/31 20:52:51 (permalink)
    Can't wait for the Winter Jams.  Happy hunting and fishing!  I'll be in touch soon for some expert advice on Noodle Rods.  

Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: Jimmy Jam Boys!!! 2009/08/31 20:53:20 (permalink)
    I'd be all over a weekend like that, but the weekend of the 12th I will be up at Lewey Lake camping with my parents who are on vacation from FL, as well as my sister and her family.

I've got to play "good son" for a few days with them, but I also get to take my 6yr old nephew out for his first tussle with a Northern Pike.  He was here on Snyders visiting a few weeks ago and checked off a few more species from his 'fish list'.  That kid is awesome.  He told my sister that he WANTS TO MOVE IN WITH ME! 

"Uncle Jimmy" strikes again!
    KayderossZ
    Avid Angler
    RE: Jimmy Jam Boys!!! 2009/08/31 20:56:42 (permalink)
    I wish I had an Uncle Jimmy!

New York Yank
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 479
    RE: Jimmy Jam Boys!!! 2009/08/31 21:28:05 (permalink)
    That sounds like a great idea Mr Z, but I am sure I have to work that weekend.  Maybe I could stop in for some morning fishing saturday if i know what spot y'all will be at.  I'll keep an eye out for it.
    Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    RE: Jimmy Jam Boys!!! 2009/08/31 21:45:25 (permalink)
    I know what ya mean Tuna, I tend to lean toward the whitetail hunting myself
    a pic of my office at the house, my little private area. A few NY bucks with bow.
    post edited by Mr.Jigs - 2009/08/31 21:46:15

A lure drawing the first strike of an early morning, the strong tug on the end of your line, the excitement of a leaping fish... that,s livin large!
    Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    RE: Jimmy Jam Boys!!! 2009/08/31 21:50:55 (permalink)
    Oh man... Here we go!

For the record too: Lee's Campground on Saratoga Lake is a really cool place, and always a REALLY good time when I have stayed there after concerts at SPAC and stuff. They have a ramp of their own (exactly one dollar less than the State Ramp next door- that cracks me up) and lots of room.

Its a Mom n' Pop operation so it is surely a different 'vibe' than a NY State Park or the equivalent. They have tent sites that are just an open field along the lake- right in front of the docks along Fish Creek near the 9P bridge. Anyone's trucks, trailer, tents, etc. could be parked anywhere. And you can sleep right next to your car.

Just thought it might be worth mentioning Obviously, there is a considerable heavier 'presence' on Saratoga Lake and people might have to actually behave a bit, but Lee's Campground means no need to load the boat on the trailer after fishing, and a chance for breakfast and morning session, of course.

Sadly, my free weekends are few and far between for quite awhile. Lots going on, and also lots of hot fishing!

Ah hmmm... Indian Lake also has some KILLER islands you can rent CHEAP too, by the way. We could have three sites on one island and have it all to ourselves... Pike, Trout, Bass, Pannies.... I'm just sayin'

Man both of those sound awsome to me I am game to any of it. even if its just throwin a saturday fishing group together or the weekend. my work days should start slowin down so should have more days off. 

Wisdom
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 374
    RE: Jimmy Jam Boys!!! 2009/09/01 08:59:51 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Neversink Jimmy

Oh man...  Here we go!

For the record too:  Lee's Campground on Saratoga Lake is a really cool place, and always a REALLY good time when I have stayed there after concerts at SPAC and stuff.  They have a ramp of their own (exactly one dollar less than the State Ramp next door- that cracks me up) and lots of room.

Its a Mom n' Pop operation so it is surely a different 'vibe' than a NY State Park or the equivalent.  They have tent sites that are just an open field along the lake- right in front of the docks along Fish Creek near the 9P bridge.  Anyone's trucks, trailer, tents, etc. could be parked anywhere.  And you can sleep right next to your car.

Just thought it might be worth mentioning   Obviously, there is a considerable heavier 'presence' on Saratoga Lake and people might have to actually behave a bit, but Lee's Campground means no need to load the boat on the trailer after fishing, and a chance for breakfast and morning session, of course.

Sadly, my free weekends are few and far between for quite awhile.  Lots going on, and also lots of hot fishing! 

Ah hmmm...  Indian Lake also has some KILLER islands you can rent CHEAP too, by the way.  We could have three sites on one island and have it all to ourselves...  Pike, Trout, Bass, Pannies....  I'm just sayin'

If your thinking of Lee's make sure you check and see if they are renting tent space. The health department sited them for sanitation issues after the Dave Mathew concert a couple months ago. I know they didn't rent tent space out for the Phish concert because of it but don't know if it was just for the Phish concert or other times as well. Here is the article...
    http://www.saratogian.com/articles/2009/07/15/news/doc4a5d23f6f14d7165562676.txt

A Bad Day of Fishing Beats the Hell Out of a Good Day at Work!!! But work ain't to bad either...flyshack.com
    KayderossZ
    Avid Angler
    RE: Jimmy Jam Boys!!! 2009/09/01 11:43:31 (permalink)
    Yeah, I heard that about Lee's.  Last I heard is he doesn't know what he is going to do from day to day.

As for the fishin'.  Based on preliminary responses, it appears that too  many of the key players would not be able to attend the 'Toga Party- so I am going to say let's try and shoot for spring for a big shindig here.  It was worth a shot! 

That doesn't mean we can't meet and go fishing though.

I will probably return to the original plan of hitting Paradox and/or Eagle Lakes for the weekend of the 12th.  I need a 'Dacks fix.  Anyone interested in joining me let me know.

Otherwise, I have the following dates available to meet and fish-
    Friday 9/4 (just found out I have the day off- Yahoo!)
    Sunday 9/6
    Saturday 9/26

Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 707
    RE: Jimmy Jam Boys!!! 2009/09/01 12:03:57 (permalink)
    Sounds like it maybe a Spring Crappie THING!!!!! I know from years past you can hammer some Monster Crappies on Saratoga Lake !!! I'm game for that!!! That way everyone has time to plan for the weekend!!!

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    Jump to: