Thoughts on Eagle Lake

Author
KayderossZ
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 110
  • Reward points: 0
2009/08/31 07:46:50 (permalink)

Thoughts on Eagle Lake

A co-worker has repeatedly recommended that I make a trip up to Eagle Lake. Does/has anyone fished it?  Not looking for specifics, just whether or not it is worth a weekend trip.  Hate to waste a full weekend doing something new when there are so many reliable options.

Showing up is 88% of life!

4 Replies Related Threads

deadfishred
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 293
    RE: Thoughts on Eagle Lake 2009/08/31 09:12:33 (permalink)
    It can be good...some nice panfish, big pike, some trout. The problem with eagle lake though, is that sometimes the fish are darn near impossible to catch - most of the time you can get some fish, but sometimes, you can go long periods with no action at all.
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: Thoughts on Eagle Lake 2009/08/31 12:26:29 (permalink)
    If you are talking about the Eagle Lake up in Essex County near Ticondaroga, I have fished it a few times... 

But not in the past two years.  I have only fished the section west of the bridge, where the rudimentary ramp is located.  I have found a lot smallies along the cliff shorelines, but nothing substantial.

But Eagle is in a GREAT location and one of my favorite places to hang out.  There are a TON of goof waters right by there, and even some decent streams when you get closer to 'town' in Ti...   While Eagle is no lunker factory, you might find some real bruisers just down the road on Paradox or some of the other local holes!

hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: Thoughts on Eagle Lake 2009/08/31 18:16:17 (permalink)
    First off what are you fishing from ?
    The main part is private access.
    I'd say pass on eagle and fish Paradox

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    KayderossZ
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 110
    RE: Thoughts on Eagle Lake 2009/08/31 20:02:42 (permalink)
    Thanx for the info Tuna.  I would be fishin with a 12 ft john boat type of thing.  I was under the impression that there was a ramp.

Was originally going to stay at the Paradox campsite and fish that one day too, but it now appears that something else is brewing on the JJ II Boys!!! thread.  Check it out, but I think you mentioned you clients for the proposed weekend.

Showing up is 88% of life!
    Jump to: