FIRE & WATER

Author
Mr.Jigs
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 352
  • Reward points: 0
2009/08/30 19:44:38 (permalink)

FIRE & WATER

Well JIMMY JAM II was a bash to remember in my book, The rain tied hard to dampin the fun but thanks to some foresight by some log hauling men, Jimmy just "FIRED IT UP" and the JAM was on! This one even had the fire department and law dogs come out to send us off on a great time, LOL, (you had to be there) well Jimmy was a great host and had everything planned out after showing everyone where to unload and park they set up camp and it was like the rain wasn't even falling all it was to me was sweet music Friday night to sleep by. the next morning saw the kick off of the FIRE & WATER multi-species fishin tournament which was FAAAANTastic!! I got to fish with  Bassin Brian and had a great time, he showed me a good technique with a frob pulling it like a buzz bait I watched****a big bass exploded on it but unfortunatly he lost it in the lilly's. Finished the afternoon with Hot Tuna on the front seat and had a great time fishin with him as well.  Every one started to catch fish and the "Big BLUE" raced back and forth across the lake with Jimmy and Matt takin measurements of all the fish, You could say hey where Jimmy on the spot! As the counts started coming in we could see it was going to interesting. A walleye here, small mouth there, another large mouth, a 11" gill and so on and Mr. jigs fishin his favorit crappie jig was catchin anything and everything BUT! crappie, LOL go figure. After the weather broke it really got good with great food that was unbelievable
Thanks to everyone bringing some great stuff, Perch fried up some fantastic beer batter fish, Kayderossz brought some  great tasting moose meat that was tender as any steak I ever eat. We also had salads of every type there is with desert of cookies and brownies which where also great, although I think I got a little fuzzy after eatin the brownies or maybe that was the smoke from the fire, lol. We even had a great breakfast Sunday morning, thx Yank! If i'm gettin the names wrong I apologize tryin to keep straight the faces with the names and the handles as well. Well to sum up it was a great time well worth the 2 hr trip for me and if you missed it you missed a good time with some Great people. I'm sure Jimmy will post the winners and some great pics as well, I'll post some first thing tomorrow, have a lot to unload this evening.

When's the next one? I'm ready, and I'm there!
post edited by Mr.Jigs - 2009/08/30 19:47:03

A lure drawing the first strike of an early morning, the strong tug on the end of your line, the excitement of a leaping fish... that,s livin large!

3 Replies Related Threads

Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: FIRE & WATER 2009/08/30 23:31:28 (permalink)
    You're awesome, Jigs....  Thanks so much for coming out and making it such a fun event this weekend.

While the crappie were elusive for some, you can be proud to have landed the biggest Waldo of the day!

I look forward to see you again and getting back after them sometime soon!

I've got a big fryer/boil kettle and lid here, any chance it's yours?  I get downstate for work with realtive regularity so I bet we can arrange something pretty quick!

Great to meet you- thanks again for being so cool!  You're a helluva' angler and one of the gang!!!  

post edited by Neversink Jimmy - 2009/08/30 23:32:42
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 707
    RE: FIRE & WATER 2009/08/31 03:33:57 (permalink)
    JIGS, your the MAN!!! It was great to meet you!!! It's just the begin of some good fishing with some GREAT PEOPLE!!!

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 352
    RE: FIRE & WATER 2009/08/31 07:02:14 (permalink)
    Thanks guys I appreciate that and was glad to meet you and the others seems like I've known you all for ever. Am definitely lookin forward to our future fishin trips together for sure. Jimmy I have mine so that must be some one else
    If its the tall kettle it's the one that had the corn cooked in it. I don't know whos though.  

A lure drawing the first strike of an early morning, the strong tug on the end of your line, the excitement of a leaping fish... that,s livin large!
    Jump to: