Author
bassinbrian
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 902
  • Reward points: 0
2009/08/12 10:45:54 (permalink)

Jimmy Jam II - 2 weeks away !

Well 2-weeks ....  and couple days !

SO we are getting closer boys !!!  ... things have got a little quiet after all the initial post about the Jam.

Can anybody think of anything we might be missing ?

I think from all the other post we have it covered for the most part.

Hopefully none of the guys back out or change thier minds at the last minute  

I'm stoked
'

BB

12 Replies Related Threads

REEL FORCE
    • Total Posts : 552
    RE: Jimmy Jam II - 2 weeks away ! 2009/08/12 14:53:21 (permalink)
    Your Stoked ?!?!  

lol - I got everything all packed in the bed room - I could be out the door and on my way in 15 mins ....

Only thing I can think of is a lantern or two ...
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: Jimmy Jam II - 2 weeks away ! 2009/08/12 15:34:30 (permalink)
    All systems are pretty much 'go' here at my house...  Duane stopped by lalst night to check out the lake, ramp, and get a chance to use his 'new to him' Starcraft.  Sweet 16-footer...

We also got in a few evening hours out on the water- just to make sure there were no big fish in there.

Turns out, there wasn't...  It was an "All-Smallie" evening for some reason...  Quite a few less-than average bronzebacks (maxed at maybe 13 inches?) and a Rock Bass for good measure.  Duane might be rethinking his committment to come fish and party

As for items needed- here's "Jimmys Recommended List Of Personal Items":

1)  Cooler, ice and beverages of choice
    2)  Battery charger if you need one (I can supply an outlet for you)
    3)  A chair of some sort (I've only got four Adirindack chairs lakeside)
    4)  Some food to add to the mix
    5)  A laid back attitude, thirsty demeanor, and whatever you need for sleeping/camping

Like last year, please hold out on arriving before 5pm on Friday.  I've got neighbors to respect and stuff and they are really cool with the weekend.  I just don't want people running around without me there.  I'll be working and can't get away that afternoon due to some prescheduled responsibilties.  But I will be home by 5pm, for sure.

We've got three days to party and fish like madmen, no need to get carried away before the weekend even officially begins at the end of the workday...  It's much appreciated!  Basically the lowdown is the same as last year- bring whatcha' need and you'll have a great time!  Can't wait to see ya'll!  I'll send out directions and stuff on a PM to the new guys...  Any questions, fire away!

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: Jimmy Jam II - 2 weeks away ! 2009/08/12 15:43:12 (permalink)
    5)  A laid back attitude, thirsty demeanor

I got that covered ... that's me everyday
    Duane
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 106
    RE: Jimmy Jam II - 2 weeks away ! 2009/08/12 16:44:06 (permalink)
    I am looking forward to it, although I am convinced there are no quality fish in that place...J/K
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: Jimmy Jam II - 2 weeks away ! 2009/08/12 18:02:03 (permalink)
    yea BYOB, after checking on a keg and was shocked with the new laws I will NOT be doing a kegger, Just short of giving up my 1st childs birth rights, crazy regs now.
    Last year was cool and this year seems better but I'm having second thoughts about going because my wife ran away with the milkman, my pick-up broke down & I just shot my dog, yea right!!! What's that, someone say something about getting laid out back ???? Is NYY trollin Troy ? sorry that was just wrong
    JJII see ya there !!!

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    got em
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 107
    RE: Jimmy Jam II - 2 weeks away ! 2009/08/12 18:57:31 (permalink)
    hey rj..what are the new regs. for getting a keg???...other than a deposit on the keg and tap,what do they want now..use to be you could get a keg, head off to the local woods drink it down and not worry..also ,maybe the group could schedule a quick "charter" to troy to find some entertainment..lol   
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: Jimmy Jam II - 2 weeks away ! 2009/08/12 19:42:53 (permalink)
    You have to fill out a registration form asking for everything you ever did in life, then your keg has a tracking id sticker. Kick down $75.00 for keg deposit, $40.00 for tap and $75.00 for beer. If keg is not returned within 90 days or tracking sticker is damaged no return deposit... Just too much hassle.

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 352
    RE: Jimmy Jam II - 2 weeks away ! 2009/08/12 21:27:47 (permalink)
    Gotcha Jimmy, I will be up that way about 12:00 noon but will fish another lake in area to kill a few hrs and get the kinks out, then show up at your place at 5:00 pm. last thing we want is to cause any probs with neighborhood for sure. And yea I need an address to please. Counting the days down and ready to go! YEAH!!!

A lure drawing the first strike of an early morning, the strong tug on the end of your line, the excitement of a leaping fish... that,s livin large!
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 707
    RE: Jimmy Jam II - 2 weeks away ! 2009/08/12 21:34:15 (permalink)
    Jimmy, All's we have to do is feed your neighbors some Perch!!!! They liked them last year!!! How's the boats LOOKING?????

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    New York Yank
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 479
    RE: Jimmy Jam II - 2 weeks away ! 2009/08/13 13:56:15 (permalink)
    Entertainment?  Wonder if any sponsors would send their babe entourages- that would be awesome having them in a beer boat bringing the anglers their cold ones.  The Garlic Gravy Gals available?  Certainly we'd enjoy having the Berkeley GULP Girls servicing us.  Let's get our moderator to work on this.  
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: Jimmy Jam II - 2 weeks away ! 2009/08/13 14:57:03 (permalink)
    "Gulp Girls"...  That's an instant classic... 

I will see what I can do...

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 707
    RE: Jimmy Jam II - 2 weeks away ! 2009/08/13 17:01:26 (permalink)
    We need the Pespi One Girls!!! WOW, They were at the Monster Truck Show last month Man Talk about GOOD LOOKING Young Ladies!!!!!!

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    Jump to: