Weekend at Luzerne Campgrounds

Author
Wisdom
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 374
  • Reward points: 0
2009/08/11 13:57:03 (permalink)

Weekend at Luzerne Campgrounds

Was very disappointed with my weekend camping at Luzerne Campgrounds on Fourth Lake. The reservation map was completely different from the one I was handed when I got there. Many of the facilities were no long there. Only one shower for the whole campgrounds, map showed several. The pay phone was gone and there was no cell phone reception. I had booked a site that had no sites on either side of me but when I got there I found that there wasn't only a site next to me but also right on top of me. I had to park the truck between us for a little privacy. To top it off it was occupied by a family that included grandma, grandpa, mom, dad and 4 kids all under the age of about 8. And you would think with that amount of adult supervision the kids wouldn't be a problem. Ha, think again, no control at all kids running and yelling all over the place. Oh did I mention they had a dog that was kind enough to let us know it was 7am by barking for a half hour? Which if I was fishing would have been no big deal but what I found was what the map showed as lake side campsites were really about 50 yards back and sitting atop a 30 foot cliff over the water with heavy brush and trees between you and the lake, so not even a view. You had to hike down a 300 yard path with a 30 degree grade with your gear if you wanted to fish. Down no problem, coming back up it with a my gear after rowing (it is a "no motor" lake) around the lake all day problem. So I decided to just bum around the campsite and try to relax. The only real up note was my girlfriends parents joined us for dinner one night which was enjoyable. All and all I will never go back there and wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy.

Tight Lines....Cheers
post edited by Wisdom - 2009/08/11 14:02:01

A Bad Day of Fishing Beats the Hell Out of a Good Day at Work!!! But work ain't to bad either...flyshack.com

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to: