Does anybody have....?

Author
Wisdom
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 374
  • Reward points: 0
2009/08/03 07:41:27 (permalink)

Does anybody have....?

Does anybody have a Coleman (or similar) 2 or 3 burner propane stove they would like to sell? Or maybe a Coleman single burner that goes right on the 16.4 oz tank (already using the 16.4 oz for my grill and don't want to go into using the smaller propane mix if I can avoid it). Going camping/fishing this weekend (7th,8th and 9th) and need something for coffee and maybe eggs. I can pick one up new but thought I'd see if maybe somebody had one they didn't use and wanted to get something out of it before give my money to a retail store. Plus I wouldn't mind saving a couple bucks.
   Thanks Mates...Tight Lines...Cheers

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

A Bad Day of Fishing Beats the Hell Out of a Good Day at Work!!! But work ain't to bad either...flyshack.com

15 Replies Related Threads

bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: Does anybody have....? 2009/08/03 10:21:12 (permalink)
    Let me check my garage, i think i have a stove that has been sitting around ... new in the box ???
    Will let you know later around 6:00 or so when i get home.

BB
    Wisdom
    Expert Angler
    RE: Does anybody have....? 2009/08/03 11:26:25 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: bassinbrian

Let me check my garage, i think i have a stove that has been sitting around ... new in the box ???
    Will let you know later around 6:00 or so when i get home.

BB
    Thanks Brian

A Bad Day of Fishing Beats the Hell Out of a Good Day at Work!!! But work ain't to bad either...flyshack.com
    Hunter25
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 77
    RE: Does anybody have....? 2009/08/03 13:00:52 (permalink)
    There is one on Craiglist right now as well.
    Hunter25
    Novice Angler
    RE: Does anybody have....? 2009/08/03 13:03:37 (permalink)
    Wisdom
    Expert Angler
    RE: Does anybody have....? 2009/08/03 16:37:29 (permalink)
    Thanks Hunter but I'm looking for propane that one is dual fuel (liquid)

bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: Does anybody have....? 2009/08/03 18:03:34 (permalink)

Ahhh , not what i was thinking Wisdom , its a Weber Go-Anywhere grill. Not a stove. Sorry dude !

Wisdom
    Expert Angler
    RE: Does anybody have....? 2009/08/04 01:37:41 (permalink)
    Thanks for the effort Brian. I'll just pick one up at****s or Wally World, not like I won't get my moneys worth out of it. Just thought I might help someone make a buck on something they weren't using anymore and maybe save a buck myself.
                                      Tight Lines, Cheers...

Hunter25
    Novice Angler
    RE: Does anybody have....? 2009/08/04 07:38:47 (permalink)
    My bad on the stove.
    Wisdom
    Expert Angler
    RE: Does anybody have....? 2009/08/04 09:13:25 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Hunter25

My bad on the stove.
    No Problem Mate. Really appreciate you trying to help out.
                   Tight Lines...Cheers

Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: Does anybody have....? 2009/08/04 10:19:56 (permalink)
    For the record- those 'Dual Fuels' are totally where it's at!  The propane is easier, no doubt, but the Dual Fuel is wicked cheap to run over the long term.  I finally caved-in and bought one when I replaced my propane Coleman and the Dual Fuel has been rocking for eight years now.  It was my lone stove when I lived on a houseboat and was used daily for a lot of years.  The cool thing was that I could run the darn thing on BOAT GAS when I rain out of camp fuel, etc. 

They cost more than the propane ones, but if you're gonna' really cook on it it might be worth a look!

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman
    Wisdom
    Expert Angler
    RE: Does anybody have....? 2009/08/04 22:04:43 (permalink)
    I'm sure the duals are a lot better. I'm pretty much going for the convenience of propane. I actually found a pretty good deal at Wally World on a Ozark Trail 2 Burner 20,000 BTU (10 each) Propane Stove plus it came with a Propane Lantern and carrying case for it and 3 propane cylinders for a little less money then a Coleman. I know it isn't a Coleman but was really surprised by the quality. I figured I'd give it a shot. Besides never had a problem returning stuff to Wallys....lol
          Thanks for your guys help, Cheers

hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: Does anybody have....? 2009/08/15 11:31:20 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Neversink Jimmy

For the record- those 'Dual Fuels' are totally where it's at!  The propane is easier, no doubt, but the Dual Fuel is wicked cheap to run over the long term.  I finally caved-in and bought one when I replaced my propane Coleman and the Dual Fuel has been rocking for eight years now.  It was my lone stove when I lived on a houseboat and was used daily for a lot of years.  The cool thing was that I could run the darn thing on BOAT GAS when I rain out of camp fuel, etc. 

They cost more than the propane ones, but if you're gonna' really cook on it it might be worth a look!

I know you already bought your set up but maybe this will help others, kinda a review....
    Jimmy is ABSOLUTLY right !!! much cheaper in the long run and last forever.
    While this stove was pre- dual and uses white gas it was my grandfathers before me. I have propane grills which get replaced about every 2 years but my go-to stove is the coleman.
    We have used it hard for over 25 years and I'd say it's at least 30 years old. STILL going strong...

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: Does anybody have....? 2009/08/15 17:36:24 (permalink)
    bassin i had one of those and it worked great around the backwoods..i also went through two of the coleman propanes throughout my camping roughins and they worked great.. i gave them away after a flood a few years ago to a neighbor.. I like charcoal these days.. i got the big weber one for the parties and the little joe weber for when i'm solo. I like a good hardwood fire too sometimes. nothing like a real fire when camping outdoors,jmho

stay out of the stock market /big brother is on the take
    Wisdom
    Expert Angler
    RE: Does anybody have....? 2009/08/16 15:12:37 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Wisdom

I'm sure the duals are a lot better. I'm pretty much going for the convenience of propane. I actually found a pretty good deal at Wally World on a Ozark Trail 2 Burner 20,000 BTU (10 each) Propane Stove plus it came with a Propane Lantern and carrying case for it and 3 propane cylinders for a little less money then a Coleman. I know it isn't a Coleman but was really surprised by the quality. I figured I'd give it a shot. Besides never had a problem returning stuff to Wallys....lol
         Thanks for your guys help, Cheers
    Just a little review on the Ozark Trail - 2 Burner 20,000 BTU Stove. The thing worked great. Cooked 2 big breakfasts (eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes and biscuits) and 2 really big dinners (steak, chicken, potatoes, veg...the works) plus boiled water for coffee and to wash the dishes. Boiled water super fast and only used about a half of a propane cylinder all weekend.  The lantern that came with it worked very well too. Like I said was really surprised by the quality for the price I paid and if I only getting a couple years out of it would still be a great deal. Other nice things were how easy it was to clean and the side wind guards are sturdy enough to use as a shelf for utensils and spices, etc. when folded out. I'm real happy with it.
                     Thanks again for your input guys....Cheers

kjo43
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 52
    RE: Does anybody have....? 2009/08/16 21:07:27 (permalink)
    For those that went the propane route, you might want to pick up one of these things- I bought one about 10 years ago... I didn't buy at northern tool, but this is one place I saw it on the web recently.

I've refilled my small 1 lb containers over and over using an adapter like in the link below.
    It doesn't give you a 100% fill, but just throw the small tank in the freezer for a few hours, hook up the adapter and fill off a 20lb tank & you get at least a 75% fill for cents on the dollar.

not quite as easy as dual fuel, but it works.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_11829_11829

Jump to: