Kinzua Outdoors holds Annual weekend events

Author
Willow Creeker
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 30
  • Reward points: 0
2009/07/28 13:04:30 (permalink)

Kinzua Outdoors holds Annual weekend events

I am pleased to announce that Kinzua Outdoors will be holding their 4th Annual "Take a Vet" Fishing event on Saturday August 8th, and 5th Anual "Kids Fishing Tournament" on Sunday August 9th, 2009.
Both these events will start from Willow Bay Launching Ramp at 8:00 am each day, and conclude at 2:00 pm each day. All weigh-ins along with awards, prizes, and buffets will be held at the Corydon General Store, approximately 1 1/2 miles from Willow Bay.
On Saturday the Vets will enjoy a day on the water relaxing and fishing. At the conclusion of the fishing portion of the day each Vet will be allowed to weigh one walleye. The fish may be caught by any one in the boat, however only persons who have served in or are currently serving in our millitary are eligble for the awards.
Please note: THIS EVENT IS TO THANK EVERY ONE WHO HAS SERVED OUR COUNTRY, OR IS CURRENTLY SERVING. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE SERVED DURING WAR TIME!!!!!
Please reach out to our friends who may not have the opportunity to enjoy such a day and ask them to join you in your boat for the day, this is what its all about.
Any one wishing to spend the day with us, but needs someone with a boat, please let us know. I will start another thread on "Grizzly Gary's Tournament fishing forum" just for this reason, or call me at (814) 362-1423.
You may take as many persons as you like in the boat, and every military person can weigh 1 walleye.

On Sunday the kids will enjoy a day that is about family and the kids!
Kids age's 16 and younger will be eligible for awards and prizes at the end of the day.
Kids will be allowed to fish by boat or on shore on the Kinzua Reservoir, except for Wolf Run Marina and Onoville Marina. They will also be allowed to fish by boat or shore (stream) at Quaker Lake, Marilla Reservoir, willow creek, and Sugar Run Creek.
There is 6 categories of fish, and plaques will be awarded for the largest and runner-up fish in each category. These categories are as follows: Walleye, Northern pike, Yellow Perch, White Bass, Trout,Carp (included in the carp category will be suckers, and creek chubs).
At the weigh-ins every one will enjoy watching the festivities while enjoying the buffet. Included in the festivities will be the awards ceremony, along with prizes for all kids, and our famous Kids Casting Contest.
This day is all about the kids, and year after year they really have enjoyed themselves.

Entry forms are available from our website for each event at www.kinzua-outdoors.com and they will also be abavailable to sign up starting at 7:00 am each morning at the Bay.
Anny one needing to start late or quit early may do so. Please let me know ahead of time if possible at (814) 362-1423 if I am not hear please leave a message.
Last year we saw 80 kid's at this event. Please let us know as soon as you can how many will be coming for food planning.
Any one wishing to help with the food buffet, " All is welcome and appreciated"please call Sue or I, or just bring a dish. (Some items we don't have time to make: Pasta Salad, brownies, cookies, etc)
Also any one wishing to make a donation please let me know, it is very needed this year.
As always thank you , and looking forward to seeing every one at these events.
Tom Means

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to: