Author
deadfishred
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 293
  • Reward points: 0
2009/07/27 11:40:57 (permalink)

howdy!

Hello!

BassinBri told me about these cool forums. Looks like a lot of friendly guys here. I've been on a few forums before, and I am guessing a few of you might know me from those as bigredonice or alewive.

nice to meet you guys!
post edited by deadfishred - 2009/07/27 11:41:50

"what people say you can not do, you try and find you can"
-Thoreau

14 Replies Related Threads

Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: howdy! 2009/07/27 11:54:49 (permalink)
    Hey Now!

I've seen that face before out on the Hudson...  Sitting in a pimped-out fishing boat during Striper season with a killer new Yammy 4-stroke on the back, right? 

Brian and I were just talking about you on Saturday while out chasing bass.

Great to see you on here, "welcome aboard the board", ha!

You'll notice a fair share of Jerry fans on here too...  Someday we're going to take over the place!

We'd love to see you out on Snyders Lake for a little shindig and half-assed tourney at the end of August.  Check the Jimmy Jam II thread or just ask Brian if you need more info.

There are even a few walleye in there, as you may know.  Not too many bruisers, but at least a few that can compare with that Wally in your photo above.  Was that guy outta' the Mohawk, or what?

deadfishred
    Expert Angler
    RE: howdy! 2009/07/27 12:23:39 (permalink)
    Jimmy Jam II sounds like a freakin' Blast! You can count me in!
    Brian was saying there might even be a way to get the Lund in there for the party, is that possible? If not, I have a sweet 12' 1963 Sea King that would work.

yes, the eye is from my backyard, the mohawk. They are delicious...and nutricious!
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: howdy! 2009/07/27 12:25:34 (permalink)
    Hey look who it is, what's up buddy 

Glad you found your way over here, lots of good people chasing many different species and alot of local guys. Outside of the icefishing gathering i have open water fished with 5 different guys from the board already this year.

For all regulars, this guy deadfishred is a good friend of mind and great fishermen. I met him via another site a few years and back and we have done a lot of fishing together. He taught me a lot (even being 10yrs my younger)  

He will be a great addition to the forum.

deadfishred
    Expert Angler
    RE: howdy! 2009/07/27 12:33:53 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: bassinbrian

Hey look who it is, what's up buddy 

Glad you found your way over here, lots of good people chasing many different species and alot of local guys. Outside of the icefishing gathering i have open water fished with 5 different guys from the board already this year.

For all regulars, this guy deadfishred is a good friend of mind and great fishermen. I met him via another site a few years and back and we have done a lot of fishing together. He taught me a lot (even being 10yrs my younger)  

He will be a great addition to the forum.

aww thanks Bri! I'll try not to make trouble, I promise.
    Ship of Fools
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 250
    RE: howdy! 2009/07/27 13:21:12 (permalink)
    Hey Lance...welcome....one of these days we'll get out as well..........plan on Jimmy's party!
    deadfishred
    Expert Angler
    RE: howdy! 2009/07/27 13:34:16 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Ship of Fools

Hey Lance...welcome....one of these days we'll get out as well..........plan on Jimmy's party!

You got it!

did you end up trying jigging spoons on the stripers this spring?
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: howdy! 2009/07/27 19:42:36 (permalink)
    deadfishred, welcome to the board of merry pranksters and I must say great avatar. It is really awesome to have you here with your abundant knowledge, besides "music is love" .
    Seen you around the shanty town and you always make me drool all winter long all be it some times I think your a little crazy but arent we all ? Hope you can make the Jam in Aug. 

P.S.
     Thanks BB for bringing him to the light.

Peace & Tuna

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 352
    RE: howdy! 2009/07/27 20:51:04 (permalink)
    Welcome aboard! glad to have another avid fishernman. cool avatar. Hey Tuna that avatar is awesome!

A lure drawing the first strike of an early morning, the strong tug on the end of your line, the excitement of a leaping fish... that,s livin large!
    Ship of Fools
    Avid Angler
    RE: howdy! 2009/07/29 11:52:00 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: deadfishred

You got it!

did you end up trying jigging spoons on the stripers this spring?

Never really tried jigging stripers.........a couple of drifts i worked one but it was just easier to sit back and drift live herring...

I would really love to hit the King with you this winter for one of those laker jigging trips...............we had one decent day last year with tipups and blind jiggin the bottom..............but this year a vex is in the cards!
    deadfishred
    Expert Angler
    RE: howdy! 2009/07/29 12:18:25 (permalink)

I would really love to hit the King with you this winter for one of those laker jigging trips...............we had one decent day last year with tipups and blind jiggin the bottom..............but this year a vex is in the cards!

Count on it man! There is absolutely nothing like watching a lake trout chase your spoon on the flasher! Just ask Bassin'Bri!
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: howdy! 2009/07/29 12:19:23 (permalink)

Vex is the ONLY way to go ... you may have to get on a waiting list to join him on those Laker trips  

Ship of Fools
    Avid Angler
    RE: howdy! 2009/07/30 08:01:50 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: bassinbrian

Vex is the ONLY way to go ... you may have to get on a waiting list to join him on those Laker trips  

Brian.....i figure i have earned some priority points to bump me up that list...

1.......my musical taste
    2.......a long detailed email about fishing the Hudson between Troy and Albany that i sent Lance when he was looking to take his Dad out and didn't want to run south

New York Yank
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 479
    RE: howdy! 2009/07/30 18:49:12 (permalink)
    Hi Red, welcome to the board man, I remember you from the Iceshanty board i think, where my name is I LIKE ICE.
    Surely you'll like this place, awesome group of dudes.  If you taught Bassin Brian a few things, your knowledge is sure welcome here.  Seeya at Jimmys.  Enjoy!
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 707
    RE: howdy! 2009/07/31 12:04:28 (permalink)
    Hey Lance, Welcome to the Site!!! As you know we have some GREAT People here!!! Now we have one MORE!!!!

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    Jump to: