Poor Beav

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
littlejuniata
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 14
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Poor Beav 2007/08/10 18:42:32 (permalink)
Ole Donny can lay claim to the biggest excuse basket in the world, he now says that he was just following the line of old posted signs, he then continues to say that when he fishes he goes below "his" water??  He states folks are pounding "his" water and he has to go down there to be alone??  Goes on to say that the railroad is only asking that the fence be removed.  The man is on wacky weed??
woodnickle
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8505
RE: Poor Beav 2007/08/10 19:15:03 (permalink)
Panama red will do that to ya.

kyler16
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2396
RE: Poor Beav 2007/08/11 00:19:49 (permalink)
hey my nick name used to be panama red... dont tarnish such a great name by putting it with a greedy sob like that. 

"If you kill it, eat it. If you eat it, cook it right."
-Steve Rinella
salmotrutta
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2132
RE: Poor Beav 2007/08/11 03:05:17 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: kyler16

lol yea what ind said. Once his appeal was turned down he started treating me like a poor muppet. I admited to becoming his muppet and him and i got into heated argument. wasnt pretty. DOG FOOD WAS BROUGHT UP! haha. so yea like I said before I should of just listened to you guys in the first place.

A little RUFF on him were ya? LMAO! RUFF! RUFF!
That Rat BassTird

Lyrical
indsguiz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6352
RE: Poor Beav 2007/08/11 13:44:52 (permalink)
Gentlemen,
    Just in case ya'll haven't noticed;  The masters' latest tactic is to control all the easy access points along the creeks/little "J". Being able to wade the river doesn't do much good if there is no place to park, and no place to access the creeks.  I have watched his behavior from afar with the help of my "hoard of "minions" (actually friends & family who live in Central PA).  The more he loses the angrier and more consumed he gets.  But then again I talked about this many years ago, and very few figured the extent of his greed.  The ONLY thing that people can do is push for a wading law for the state of Pennsylvania.  There are enough people on this board from various parts of the state that if you just took the time and effort to write (no e-mails please they are too easy to delete) your elected representatives maybe the ball would get moving.  And if you really care, send the letter Priority Mail - Signature Confirmation and then you will have a record of when, where and to whom the letter was delivered.  That is if YOU really care.  I HAVE written to the PAFBC but since I'm a "tourist" I don't have a representative.   He's a good salesman, he is, and very persuasive on many levels, and nothing he is doing is illegal!  (Yet)  He has his minions who do the legal work for him and the land studies.  He researches who owns what land.  I have to give the man credit; HE has done his homework and acted in his own best interests.  I deplore what he has done; but, he has still stayed within the boundaries of the law!  Now if somebody could actually catch him breaking the law? ? ?
post edited by indsguiz - 2007/08/11 13:52:14

Illegitimis Non carborundum
spoonchucker
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8561
RE: Poor Beav 2007/08/11 14:33:13 (permalink)
"Being able to wade the river doesn't do much good if there is no place to park, and no place to access the creeks."

That is exactly what might result if you try to IMPOSE access with a wade law. I DO care, but I do NOT favor efforts to usurp landowner RIGHTS for fishing PRIVLIGES.

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
woodnickle
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8505
RE: Poor Beav 2007/08/11 14:56:33 (permalink)

thedrake
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1948
RE: Poor Beav 2007/08/11 16:36:25 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Mikastorm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IouvMb4RM0

Trout Predator on beavers water..........I wonder if they caught more on the pellet fly, or the dogfood fly. They are the kind of guys that like big stockies. I remember seeing "trout predator" on another thread saying he'd rather catch a big stockie, than a small wild or native fish, and he also mentioned that he can see why people spend $90,000+ to join the SRC. What an asshat. He's condoning what the Beav does.
thedrake
Pro Angler
RE: Poor Beav 2007/08/11 16:57:30 (permalink)
I have written over a dozen emails to the PFBC regarding various issues I thought needed addressed. They responded to the first 3 or 4, then apparently got sick of my emails and did not respond to the next 8 or 9. They apparently do not like to address these kinds of issues.

Oh well, what do you expect from an organization that is confused about what it is they are in place to do. I read somewhere on their website that one of their missions is to prevent non-native species from being introduced into our waterways. Hmmmmm, the last time I checked Browns Rainbows, and Palominos werent native, and they stock hundreds of thousands of them in the state. Sorry for the rant, I guess i'm just not a fan of the PFBC, they can really pizz me off.
indsguiz
Pro Angler
RE: Poor Beav 2007/08/11 17:49:08 (permalink)
thedrake,
    Actually I think he was making fun of Beaver.  He showed pictures of him walking by Beavers posters, and when he was fishing the lower portion of the Espy farm you could see the posted signs on the trees across from him.  The attitude I got from him was:  Thank you for spending sooo much money and now we get to enjoy it.  He didn't do anything anybody else can't do.  The creek is there and it is open.  Also, the place he fished the most was at the bottom of the Espy farm where it makes the hard left turn around the hill.  About 1/8 mile further down there is some broken water with some deep holes that hold BIG fish and it's not on Beavers' property.  And Wayyy around the bend, right above the tunnel is a nice stretch of broken water and rapids where I caught a 25" brown about 15 years ago.  That would be 10years BD.   Does anyone know if you can still walk through the tunnel?  Dangerous, but a quick way to the fish.
post edited by indsguiz - 2007/08/11 17:50:53

flyfishindave
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 659
RE: Poor Beav 2007/08/12 21:57:08 (permalink)
no you can not walk through the tunnels & you
can no longer walk the tracks, the rail road does
pattroll the tracks I have been told to stay off
or be fined

Thats_Hot
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 21
RE: Poor Beav 2007/08/13 08:51:02 (permalink)
indsguiz,

Try reading through the lines of what the all mighty idiot TroutPredator is saying.  Saying things like posted land must mean it's worth while and fishing like the rich people are actually pretty inviting for potential members of the Spring Ridge Club.  Not once does he say anything on there about the negative impact stocking those kind of fish has on the Little Juniata.  If that's not clear to you, go to his website and check out his forum.  Under the 'Pennsylvania' forum, he has pictures of fish he caught on a trip to the Little Juniata and an unnamed famous limestone stream.  Some guy on there prodded him about where he would have caught such large fish and he did finally admit they were from Spruce Creek.  When asked how he got access to Spruce, he responded that he simply knocked on a door and asked.  That's total BS and my guess is he was fishing at the Six Springs hatchery which is owned by Spring Ridge Club.  I'd put money on Beaver getting him to help market the club by putting that video on YouTube in return for a few hours on Spruce Creek.  An idiot like TroutPredator would jump on it since he apparently loves catching big fish, regardless of how they are introduced (stocked) and kept (fed) in a stream.  Watch the video again with that angle and I think it will become very obvious what's going on.
SilverKype
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3842
RE: Poor Beav 2007/08/13 13:51:25 (permalink)
If the guy was tresspassing, the cops would have been there in no time.  Plus, based on the water levels, there is NO WAY anyone would have been crossing the J to get over to that bank from the other side.  The other edge is a really rough walk, not to mention dangerous, especially at those levels.

I agree, one of Beavers little scams to get an advertisement.

indsguiz
Pro Angler
RE: Poor Beav 2007/08/13 19:41:51 (permalink)
Guys,
      Could be.  Very well could be.  But if you noticed in the last part of my post I mentioned that I had caught a 25" fish in the river below the Espy farm about 15 years ago.  There have always been big fish in the "J".  Now, there are more of them due to excessive feeding.  I rate D. Beaver right up there with those guys from Ohio.  He will do anything to gaurantee his members catch big fish.  Has anybody seen the size of the fish in the G. Lake water?  12 years ago that creek would have been lucky to have a 12" fish in it.  But at least they were wild, and hard to catch.

albud1962
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 165
RE: Poor Beav 2007/08/16 22:43:50 (permalink)
What are you talking about? Len Lichvar and others in the Pa Council of Trout Unlimited have been very involved against Beaver.  Bob Ging, the attorney helping the state against beaver is A TU member.
Before you bad mouth TU get your facts straight.

brown trout
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 129
RE: Poor Beav 2007/08/16 23:00:41 (permalink)
Yes, Len and that group of TU DO help the fight. But, BELIEVE ME, not all chapters do. Mr. Lichvar is a very good man.
Thats_Hot
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 21
RE: Poor Beav 2007/08/20 09:35:29 (permalink)
albud1962 - Like thedrake said, TU had absolutely no involvement in the Little Juniata issue.  Not in 1992 when it all started and not now in 2007.  I'm not saying that TU never does anything good, but they certainly dropped the ball in this instance.  In addition, a friend of mine was in the Bedford County (Yellow Creek?) Chapter of TU and said he got out when they proposed to do a stream enhancement project on Donny Beaver leased Yellow Creek water.  I've heard many other rumors about that chapter, but they are unsubstanitated so I won't post them.  While there may be individual members like Bob Ging that helped with the case, they were doing so on their own and not for TU.  Can you elaborate about how the PA Council of TU has been involved against Beaver?  What have they done?  Please read those questions as inquisitive rather than accusatory.  I'm just unaware of what they've been doing. 

My choice to not be involved in TU is because they haven't been involved at all with the Little Juniata issue.  
kyler16
Pro Angler
RE: Poor Beav 2007/08/20 10:08:39 (permalink)
the part of yellow creek in bedford county thats owned by beaver is hardly ever watched... he was thinking of giving that up since 90% of the police in bedford county dont do a thing when someones on that land lol. the beav doesnt have much control of that county since hes so far away. but TU did want to do some things to his section and he did give them money ...TU could careless if the lil J is given up or not. Just as long as they keep getting the "donation"

-Steve Rinella
thedrake
Pro Angler
RE: Poor Beav 2007/08/20 11:24:33 (permalink)
The only instance I can think of where TU did try to fight against beaver was on YC. And, as you all know, it is perfectly legal for the Beav to lease or own YC. The only reason they tried to fight there was because a certain TU member lives along the stream and Beaver was trying to lease the water in his back yard. BTW, this was Blair County TU, and you all should know that YC is not located in Blair County. The Little J is.

The reason they should fight against Donny is that he overstocks and pellet feeds the trout, but then again, members of TU do the same thing on YC near the C&R section.

I'm sure that in other parts of the county, TU does some good. But, in my mind, I think giving money to groups like World Trout, and Penn Future is probably a better idea.
thedrake
Pro Angler
RE: Poor Beav 2007/08/20 12:43:33 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: albud1962

What are you talking about? Len Lichvar and others in the Pa Council of Trout Unlimited have been very involved against Beaver.  Bob Ging, the attorney helping the state against beaver is A TU member.
Before you bad mouth TU get your facts straight.

If Bob Ging is representing the state against Beaver, then his TU membership is not relevant...Unless he was sueing the beav on behalf of TU.  
post edited by thedrake - 2007/08/20 12:47:46
indsguiz
Pro Angler
RE: Poor Beav 2007/08/29 12:38:24 (permalink)
the drake,
     Figured you would see this if I posted it here.  Last night I was in the Bass Pro shops in Clarksville, Indiana.  I struck up a conversation with a man who was in there with his two boys ages 10 and 15.  We were talking about Where we had started fly fishing and when I mentioned Central PA.  The oldest boy asked if that was where the Little "J" was  when I replied yes and that I had fished it many times;  the 15 year old launched into a diatribe about D. Bev and the SRC that lasted about 15 minutes.  He almost knew more than I did.  Seems this boy has been fly fishing since he was 8 and he taught his brother and the young man has researched the SRC and has decided he wants NO PART of anything SRC related.  It's amazing, the disgust has extended almost 600 miles from central PA and even young kids are distressed by the actions.  The father explained that the boys are avid fly fishermen/tyers and they are very well read and have even cancelled their subscriptions to a couple of fly magazines because the  mags support SRC.   Maybe there is hope.
       I don't know if D. Beeve knows the emotion he has stirred up but when kids hate you? ? ?

salmotrutta
Pro Angler
RE: Poor Beav 2007/08/29 16:55:08 (permalink)
I was at the local fly shop shooting the breeze yesterday. They told me the Beav. sent them a letter asking for support. He wants to advertise all around I guess. Membership must be down. 

Lyrical
kyler16
Pro Angler
RE: Poor Beav 2007/08/29 17:55:02 (permalink)
people that own the bar up the street from my house were tellin me bout a fishing trip they all had up there bout 2 weeks ago. Said beaver was part of their club he tries to run it but no one will let him. I was confused because I thought he was the money behind spruce creek club. I guess I could be wrong. Anyways they told me how hes having lots of trouble keeping people off his land now hes basically given up. Ill have to give his son  call to find out. the beavs reign of terror is slowly coming to an end...we can only hope. 

-Steve Rinella
Captain Insano
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 5
RE: Poor Beav 2007/09/03 17:42:02 (permalink)
I went and investigated the area shot by the 'trout predator' in his video.  So I drug myself out of bed Labor day morning at 6am and made the 15 minute voyage to the Little J. I put on the Baton Death March from 45 down stream through the heart of Captain **** Bag's Property.

I caught 4 rainbows over 18 inches (not real heavy fish, largest was prob about 21" and maybe 3 or 4 lbs).  However, I did wack one brown trout that was pushing 25" and about 6 lbs.  I also noticed a security camera next to the stream about 200 yards past the barn.  I looked at the camera and saluted Beav, just to let him know he is number 1.

I will note one thing worth mentioning...I tried some jigs, nymphs, and streams with limited success.  There must have been a hatch of yellow power bait and pink salmon eggs coming off because that was the ticket. 

Those fish must get fed dog food a few times a week...especially for brown trout to hit yellow power bait.  Hell, the stocked brown trout won't even touch the crap.  Next time I'm bring a raft, (2) cases of Busch, and a radio. 

post edited by Captain Insano - 2007/09/03 17:48:45
peacymike
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 540
RE: Poor Beav 2007/09/03 22:13:55 (permalink)
you know i worked on his house and you should see that place . man  o man it 1milliondollar place it been some years now . but he lives just a frog jump and hog jump from me ; money talks boy's and he has it
waxmybean
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 19
RE: Poor Beav 2007/09/04 16:40:14 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Captain Insano

I went and investigated the area shot by the 'trout predator' in his video.  So I drug myself out of bed Labor day morning at 6am and made the 15 minute voyage to the Little J. I put on the Baton Death March from 45 down stream through the heart of Captain **** Bag's Property.

I caught 4 rainbows over 18 inches (not real heavy fish, largest was prob about 21" and maybe 3 or 4 lbs).  However, I did wack one brown trout that was pushing 25" and about 6 lbs.  I also noticed a security camera next to the stream about 200 yards past the barn.  I looked at the camera and saluted Beav, just to let him know he is number 1.

I will note one thing worth mentioning...I tried some jigs, nymphs, and streams with limited success.  There must have been a hatch of yellow power bait and pink salmon eggs coming off because that was the ticket. 

Those fish must get fed dog food a few times a week...especially for brown trout to hit yellow power bait.  Hell, the stocked brown trout won't even touch the crap.  Next time I'm bring a raft, (2) cases of Busch, and a radio. 

You do know that if you do get caught you will get arrested

Rope-em and Smoke-em
Captain Insano
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 5
RE: Poor Beav 2007/09/04 17:08:12 (permalink)
BLAIR/HUNTINGDON
Little Juniata River – 13.5 miles; from the railroad bridge at the east (downstream) border of Ironville downstream to mouth

And I'm in the creek....what are you going to arrest me for?  DING FRIES ARE DONE!
salmotrutta
Pro Angler
RE: Poor Beav 2007/09/04 21:38:47 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Captain Insano

DING FRIES ARE DONE!

LMAO...I was just thinking of that little diddy the other day. I haven't heard it in a few years.

http://www.jeremypost.com/ding-fries-are-done/
post edited by salmotrutta - 2007/09/04 21:41:17

Lyrical
steelydaze
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 376
RE: Poor Beav 2007/09/04 21:47:03 (permalink)
indsguiz
Pro Angler
RE: Poor Beav 2007/09/15 12:21:06 (permalink)
Gentlemen,
      Well as fall is almost here I was wondering if anyone has started dragging big streamers through the holes in the Little "J" for the big browns yet.  It's been years since I was up but we used to call it "dragging a bunny" or "dragging a kitten"  since the flies were so big and heavy.  Seemed that this would only work in the fall and you would only catch one or two/day but wow is it worth it.  Sort of makes you arm tired.  I always used a 6-7 wt rod with 5 pound tippett and there was no technique.  Just lob the ball of fur out at the top of a hole mend line and wait for the line to stop moving.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: