First Time Walleye Fishing on Lake Erie

Author
AdamK33
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points: 0
2007/08/03 17:56:51 (permalink)

First Time Walleye Fishing on Lake Erie

Hello all.  My brother and I just purchased a boat this year and we are looking to do some of the great walleye fishing we hear about on Lake Erie.  I was wondering if anyone had any any information for fishing walleye on Sept 6-9 on Lake Erie?  We will be on a boat and will launch from Edgewater Park near Downtown Cleveland.  We are originally from the area, Parma to be exact, but now live in Cincinnati, so we know the area.  I am looking for water depth the fish will be in for that time of year, as well as, what they are usually biting on, and also if there are any hot spots near that location.  This will be our first time out on Lake Erie in a long time and am just looking for some insight.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you 

3 Replies Related Threads

davef
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 980
    RE: First Time Walleye Fishing on Lake Erie 2007/08/03 20:19:12 (permalink)
    You might have better luck getting info on that area from walleyecentral.com or OHfishing.com. Hopefully someone can also provide info from this site
    chauncy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1298
    RE: First Time Walleye Fishing on Lake Erie 2007/08/06 07:58:41 (permalink)
    Go to this website and check out the forums erie fishing board. www.ohiogamefishing.com It is the most informative site you'll ever view for erie fishing. They tell you where, how, and what to use to get eyes from all across the lake. From the islands to erie PA and north to the canadian line. They even give you GPS coordinates to put you on fish. They have over 10,000 members now too. Check em out. You wont be dissapointed.
    davef
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 980
    RE: First Time Walleye Fishing on Lake Erie 2007/08/07 12:41:46 (permalink)
    Chauncy: Thanks for the link to that site.
    Jump to: