Beach my boat in PI

Author
Terry R
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 49
  • Reward points: 0
2009/05/27 16:11:01 (permalink)

Beach my boat in PI

Fished the bay for the first time last week. Had so much fun I'm coming back tomorrow, Thursday, May 28 and Friday. The weather forecast is calling for scattered showers/thundershowers. I'll fish through the rain, but in the event those thundershowers show up, I'll want to get off the water for a bit. Hopefully won't have to pull the boat out, as I'm certain the ramps will be a mess. Can anyone suggest a ramp to launch from in the park that may have a decent place to beach my boat while the thundershowers pass? Thanks in advance. T.

4 Replies Related Threads

Pie
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 145
    RE: Beach my boat in PI 2009/05/27 16:26:10 (permalink)
    They just put up a LONG dock in front of the Sheratan (tie up and check out Rumrunners Cove inside .) There is also ample transient dockage out back.
    BloodyHand
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2124
    RE: Beach my boat in PI 2009/05/27 18:53:19 (permalink)
    I suggest trying the Marina baot launch on the peninsula side. Directly across the launch is some shallow water with sand on it. But wht wouldnt you just tie up at Rum Runners a throw a few back?
    Terry R
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 49
    RE: Beach my boat in PI 2009/05/27 20:33:57 (permalink)
    Thanks for the suggestions. I definitely want to launch from the park side. Saw a pretty big fiberglass boat beached at that spot opposite the ramp at the marina last week. That would be a good place for the boat, but I'd be stuck there too. 16 ft aluminum Tracker in a thunderstorm? I want to be either in the truck or something. There was a small concrete and steel pier of some kind close to the ramp at Niagara. Launched at about noon last Wednesday and someone was tied up there and having their lunch. That'll probably work in pinch. Can't wait to get there!!!!!! Invited two different buddies to join me but they're too busy, so I'm just gonna have to fish with my favorite buddy, ME!
    2dog
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 468
    RE: Beach my boat in PI 2009/05/28 20:03:44 (permalink)
    Just so you know, at the ferry landing are slips to tie up to. That's what you saw. Also there is a pavillion there to get out of the rain.
    Jump to: