cat sighting, Sayers Res.

Author
MISTERMUSKY
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points: 0
2007/07/30 22:34:33 (permalink)

cat sighting, Sayers Res.

I was fishing from shore today inside the main park area.  Trying for bass with no luck.  I fished the access on the eastern side where the road goes into the water.  I left and started to drive out of the park.  I saw an animal cross the road infront of me about 50-70 yards.  About half way between the submerged road bed and the Sayers Monument.  My first thought was that it looked like a monkey with long legs and long tail.  It appeared to be black, but the entire road was in a shadow?  Looked black to me.  Was something I have never seen before.  The thing crossed the road and up the hill in about 2 seconds.  Very fast.  I have to believe that it was a 40 pound or so black cat.  Definaly not a dog.  I then turned right to go up the switchback road looking for it and saw nothing.  I have lived in this area for 3 months now and not sure what the common animals are.  Looking online black panthers have been spotted in PA but are not common.  Have any of you seen wild cats in this area.  I saw the thing at around 7:15PM today.

7 Replies Related Threads

Nbobich
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 245
    RE: cat sighting, Sayers Res. 2007/07/30 23:18:35 (permalink)
    Could of been a bobcat! Seen a couple of them around. 
    Scaremypsu2
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 7
    RE: cat sighting, Sayers Res. 2007/07/31 12:09:46 (permalink)
    well, im sure it was not a black panther and sightings such as these are typically how most rumors get started!  Also, bobcats dont have long tails so it probably wasnt a bobcat.  It is possible it could have been a fisher which is a pretty large and black. 
    bassfan
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 8
    RE: cat sighting, Sayers Res. 2007/07/31 14:24:19 (permalink)
    Just last week there were multiple sightings of a 'serval cat' near Julian/Rt 550.  A serval cat would fit your size description but its markings would be similar to a cheetah.  Julian is about 30 - 40 miles away which seems like quite a distance, but I certainly dont know anything about serval cats.  There was an article in the CDT last week detailing the situation, as far as I know they have not yet located the cat..

woodnickle
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8500
    RE: cat sighting, Sayers Res. 2007/08/01 08:43:38 (permalink)
    Big foot!

STEALYS4ME
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1443
    RE: cat sighting, Sayers Res. 2007/08/14 22:44:34 (permalink)
    Doesnt surprize me theres lots of easy pickins on the rabbits that place is loaded with them..
    SilverKype
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3842
    RE: cat sighting, Sayers Res. 2007/08/17 09:42:39 (permalink)
    here kitty kitty
    kyler16
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2396
    RE: cat sighting, Sayers Res. 2007/08/18 14:33:16 (permalink)
    It could have been a serval cat, but not all servals are cheeta colored. some can be black some can be tan and some can even be white. if it was You have your f1,f2,f3,f4, and f5 servals f1 are more like a cheeta more wild and bigger standing nearly 6'+ on their hind legs. If it was serval it would of had really pointy ears.and with it being black it could of been an f3 which is bread with a larger domestic cat of a certin color.  Servals and savanna cats are becoming more and more of a fad for people with money to buy as house pets soon eating nearly as much as 65lbs of food a day. if thats what it was then it could of just be someones pet that got away and reverted to its wild instincts which wouldnt take more then a week. but if i was putting money on it Id agree with scaremypsu2 in saying it was a fisher.

"If you kill it, eat it. If you eat it, cook it right."
    -Steve Rinella
    Jump to: