Raffle for Terry

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 2 of 5
Author
CR500
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 186
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Raffle for Terry 2007/08/31 20:20:19 (permalink)
OK guys the tickets are here and available.  I have to retake some pictures because I was rushing and they are way blurry even with my glasses on.  I also purchased the www.terryyocumraffle.com domain name.  It is up and ready for viewing but it may not have been propagated fully yet.  Anyone that wants tickets or is looking to sell some to help out please send me an email at cr500_95@yahoo.com.

Thanks guys

Scott
CR500
Avid Angler
RE: Raffle for Terry 2007/09/02 16:42:24 (permalink)
I've updated the first page of this thread with a complete prize list and will add links to the newest prizes soon.

The new domain sould be fully propogated and it is  www.terryyocumraffle.com.  Drop me an email if you want to buy tickets or have some to sell at cr500_95@yahoo.com.  Have a nice holiday.

Scott
woodnickle
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8504
RE: Raffle for Terry 2007/09/07 12:55:37 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: CR500

Raffle tickets will be on sale from September 1 through October 31 for $25 per ticket.  To purchase tickets or to have some to sell please email me at cr500_95@yahoo.com.  I can take payment for tickets by cash, check or Pay Pal, I’ll cover the Pay Pal charges.  The drawing for prizes will be November 12 and all prizes will be shipped to the winners via USPS on November 15.  The prizes will be drawn from the first prize down to the last prize.  This will give every ticket purchaser the opportunity to win the top prizes.

I hope everyone will support this project as all proceeds will be given to Terry’s family.  It is very easy to say you are a “Friend of Terry” but now is the time to put your money where fingers are so to speak. 

1.  Custom built 8' 4wt fly rod, Orvis Battenkill Traditional 3/4, Orivis Generation 3 4wt line in olive dun and backing.  For pictures of the rod being built, the reel and line, click here.
2.  Custom built 9' 4-8lb steelhead spinning rod with Stradic 2500 and line.  For pictures of the rod being built, the reel and line, click here.
3.  Custom built 10' 6wt steelhead fly rod, Orvis Battenkill Mid Arbor with line and backing.  For pictures of the rod, reel and line, click here.
4.  A 1950’s ish Wright & McGill spinning rod in the original rod sock.  This rod has never been fished only put together twice by me and has never had a reel mounted.  It’s a sweet collectors item.
5.  A rebuilt bamboo rod by Jack Gripp
6.  Orvis Clear Water fly fishing vest. 
For pictures of the vest, click here.
7.  Chest Pack.  For pictures of the chest pack, click here.
8.  Wooden fly box filled with flies.  For pictures of the box and flies, click here.
9.  Wooden fly box filled with flies.  For pictures of the box and flies, click here.
10. Wooden fly box with engraved trout and magnetic fly retention and two dozen flies
11. Three dozen dry flies in a plastic compartmented fly box.
12.  An assortment of three dozen nymphs and streamers in a plastic compartmented box.

13. A sweet selection of two dozen dry flies.  For pictures of the flies, click here.
14. A nice selection of steelhead flies.  For pictures of the flies, click here.
15. A nice selection of about three dozen steelhead flies. 

All very nice ! 

indsguiz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6351
RE: Raffle for Terry 2007/09/13 09:39:10 (permalink)
Scott,
     Please bring some tickets to the One Fly.  Or have a representative bring some.

Illegitimis Non carborundum
elephanthead
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1057
RE: Raffle for Terry 2007/09/18 08:56:15 (permalink)
Scott, check in the mail for ticket. Thanks, Dave
flyfishindave
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 659
RE: Raffle for Terry 2007/09/18 17:24:27 (permalink)
scott check in the mail for tickets, just got home last week from alaska
so I got them out yesterday great job on your end thanks for all you did
   Dave
flyfishindave
Expert Angler
RE: Raffle for Terry 2007/09/21 19:38:39 (permalink)
Scott not hearing much on ticket sales
just wondering how they are going
Dave
CR500
Avid Angler
RE: Raffle for Terry 2007/09/24 14:48:14 (permalink)
Dave,

Thanks a ton.  I have the flies and have sent you your tickets.

As far as tickets go, I have to admit that I'm pretty disappointed.  To date we have 8 tickets that people have actually mailed me money for and that I've returned ticket stubs to.  We have about 20 out to guys that have already donated stuff and I'd bet that they will either sell what they took or buy them themselves.  Those are guys that have already donated to make this raffle possible.

It looks pretty sad to me.  If you look back at the threads where guys post that "T" was my inspiration or he was a man to look up to, it is starting to seem like INTERNET hype to me.  I don't know what to say at this point really.  I know there is a fantastic list of prizes to be had that would retail for up wards of $2000.  I'm thinking that the guys that have bought tickets will be winning multiple prizes at this rate.

Skip does have a bunch in hand that he is going to get out around his area and I really appreciate what he is doing. 

Otherwise, I have to look at this experience as a very big shame to date.  Many on here have patted themselves on the back and feel good that they typed something nice but try to get them to separate themselves from their money and the story changes.  Weather you like the guy or not, the truth is simple.  A guy we all knew to some degree has died after a protracted illness and left a family behind.  Is $25 really all that much to ask in this world where it take can $50 or more to fill your gas tank?

To all of the guys that have donated flies, reels, rods, vests, cash and more...  You really are good people and I've let you down at this point.  All I can say is I'm sorry for over-estimating the board and people in general.

Scott
Bughawk
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3247
RE: Raffle for Terry 2007/09/24 15:05:02 (permalink)
Scott,

Don't get down in the dumps.  I must admit I would have thought a lot more people would have taken a chance on the prizes by now, but there is still quite a bit of time.  It may just be an issue of getting people interested enough to actually send you a check for a ticket.  I talked with a couple of friends who said they were interested, but I really don't think they have done anything yet.  I will talk with them again.  I am also hoping that we will be able to sell some of the tickets at the One Fly and that the tickets that are making their way to the bait shops will get sold.  If not, then we will just have a very expensive gear swap.

I will ask if you can spare the $25.00, please buy a ticket.  The cause is a good one and plus you might end up with a really great rod and reel.

Thanks Scott for all your efforts.  I appreciate what you have done and are doing. 

pax vobiscum +
T.T.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1656
RE: Raffle for Terry 2007/09/24 15:09:29 (permalink)
"Many on here have patted themselves on the back and feel good that they typed something nice but try to get them to separate themselves from their money and the story changes."

Ouch. 

"To all of the guys... I've let you down at this point."

You haven't let anyone down.  As far as I'm concerned, you've inspired.  You've done a lot of work, both in building and organizing.  I've got my own reasons for falling short of my own expectations in this, but I feel that the up-coming One Fly is our great opportunity to sell tickets on this side of the state. 

Skip does have the tickets, and he's already contacted outlets for the sale of them, but those attending the October 6th event will be able to buy directly from Skip himself.  It's a free event, so prying a few bucks from each of the attendees shouldn't be that difficult.  We hope.  I believe there are well over 40 people signed up to be there, and if we got half that number to purchase a ticket, that would be good.  If we got everyone to buy one, that would be great.

Don't give up hope.  I believe we will be able to do a very good thing for Terry's family.
BugDrifter
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 143
RE: Raffle for Terry 2007/09/24 16:40:44 (permalink)
Scott,  You are far from being a disapointment to this board. Your vast amounts of time, money and effort has been one of the nicest things done on this board for a long time. Don't get down on yourself for a job well done. I think tickets will sell during the upcoming events faster than you think.
 I hope you're going to make it to the PSA banquet. Looking forward to seeing you there if so and have tickets to turn in.

As for the rest of the board, please do your best to buy a ticket to support the family of a great man.

Thanks again Scott for the great job

Bug
Youghman
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 310
RE: Raffle for Terry 2007/09/24 18:04:41 (permalink)
Scott-- My Dad always told me, "Rome wasn't built in a day." I hope this holds true in this regard.
Your efforts have been righteous, so don't blame yourself.
I admired Terry because he always looked at the glass as half-full. Let's keep his mind frame for this project.
Whatever we raise for Terry's family will be from the hearts of the real, true F.O.T..
I hope to see you at Big Run, I have my ticket's sold and the money for the donation.

PS- You told me to remind you about updating all the prize pics. Sorry, just bein' a PIA

flyfishindave
Expert Angler
RE: Raffle for Terry 2007/09/24 21:43:47 (permalink)
Scott do not get down on yourself you have done a great
job & hopefully people who have said they were terrys freind
will come around & not be all talk, it is a great chance you got
togeather with great prizes & there is still time for people to
show that they are not all talk.
  Dave
mrkeith
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 69
RE: Raffle for Terry 2007/09/24 22:22:08 (permalink)
Scott, I mailed you a check this am for my two tickets. Don't worry, I think guys will pony up as the deadline nears.  Good luck and thanks again.
indsguiz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6351
RE: Raffle for Terry 2007/09/24 23:40:45 (permalink)
Scott,
     Whatever you do do not get down on yourself!  You have undertaken a great deal to help out the family of  a friend to the boards.  I will certainly do my best to promote the sale of the tickets at the One Fly.  I have about 4-5 waymupers  (that's a muper from far away) who want to come up and I'll ask them when they get here.

Illegitimis Non carborundum
woodnickle
Pro Angler
RE: Raffle for Terry 2007/09/24 23:58:59 (permalink)
What everyone has said. Do not beat yourself up. You have done so much. I have some sold and will see you at the banquet. I too was hoping for someone to email me for a ticket, but. Most of the people I know are not too well off and have little interest in fishing, that is why I am usually fishing alone. Lets hope for a better outcome and don,t give up. Thank you for all that you have done.

woodnickle
Pro Angler
RE: Raffle for Terry 2007/09/25 21:05:34 (permalink)
I beat on some doors and sold out! Have some more that want in.

SilverKype
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3842
RE: Raffle for Terry 2007/09/28 13:06:05 (permalink)
Scott--  I sent you a pm a while back.  See if you got it.

I just noticed a pm sent to me from a few weeks ago. 
elephanthead
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1057
RE: Raffle for Terry 2007/09/28 14:39:54 (permalink)
Scott, just got my ticket stub - Thanks !       Dave
Skip16503
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4028
RE: Raffle for Terry 2007/09/30 22:18:05 (permalink)
Tickets are now available at both Poor Richards Tackle Shops
CR500
Avid Angler
RE: Raffle for Terry 2007/10/01 09:52:30 (permalink)
Thanks Skip
post edited by CR500 - 2007/10/01 10:00:22
Bughawk
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3247
RE: Raffle for Terry 2007/10/01 12:15:58 (permalink)
Skip, YOU ARE DA' MAN!!!  Thanks for helping out.

pax vobiscum +
Big Trouble
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 6
RE: Raffle for Terry 2007/10/01 17:50:39 (permalink)
After a long summer ...it's now steelhead season again, and in my absence from this message board , I return to find out the sad news of Terrys passing . I did not know Terry personally , but who could read his postings and not be affected by what he had to say ......It did not take a rocket scientist to figure out this man had a heart of gold , and a platinum soul and just Oozed kindness and good will towards his fellow man .....a TRUE .....ONE OF A KIND kindda guy ......I'd like to think he's slaying the Chromers in heaven now, and he's looking down on us with thoughts of...BE KIND TO YOUR FELLOW MAN ....and do something nice for someone else TODAY .....A selfless act of kindness is all that he asks of us, I'm sure.   

With that said ....I will be making my way to "Poor Richards" for a ticket or two >>>> A BIG shout out to Poor Richards for getting Involved in this (Poor Richards is always a class act .....thats why they get my buisness...ALWAYS)

Two years ago my place got robbed ( burglarized to be proper ) and they stole all my steelhead gear ( about $1500.00 worth ) and the outpouring from this message board ( My fellow man )   was just wonderfull .....Stuff was given to me , sold to me at a reduced price , (Offers of) I will make you whatever you need came in......MY POINT IS ......the people of this board ....are good people ...and they DO and WILL come through , I pray all will support this worthy cause
T.T.
Pro Angler
RE: Raffle for Terry 2007/10/01 21:14:11 (permalink)
Take a load off that big heart, Big Trouble, the next time you get out to 20.  There's a sturdy bench built in Terry's honor and from his inspiration so weary fisher-folk can take a rest.  Soon, it will be permanently set, and a marker placed in front of it to remind people of a good man who inspired so many of us to just get out and enjoy this great state and the fish that swim it's waters.
woodnickle
Pro Angler
RE: Raffle for Terry 2007/10/02 08:25:13 (permalink)
Scott , money is on the way for my ticket and three more. Thanks for everything , John

T.T.
Pro Angler
RE: Raffle for Terry 2007/10/07 19:49:55 (permalink)
I might just have to buy another ticket.   Only a few tickets were sold at the One Fly, and the same goes for The PSA Banquet.  I stopped into Poor Richard's West, and they hadn't sold a one.  I guess those of us with tickets already are going to have great odds to win some awesome gear. 

Hmmm...  what are the odds of me winning TWO MSO rods within about a month of each other???
post edited by T.T. - 2007/10/07 19:50:18
woodnickle
Pro Angler
RE: Raffle for Terry 2007/10/08 00:22:44 (permalink)
Ain,t that a shame. So many people talk with little action. H--- thats just one night without beer. Come on people help this family out, they been through alot.

Wally Cat
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1073
RE: Raffle for Terry 2007/10/12 11:30:49 (permalink)
Too many people are just talk and when it comes down to business they run and hide. What is $25? A night at the club, a few packs of cigarettes, a meal out with your woman, a handful of flies, a bag of new lures, half a tank of gas, couple of days lottery tickets, couple of potted plants you bought for the porch that are now in the trash, cost of three spools of tippet, one tenth the cost of those new waders and the list goes on and on. Make a difference in someones life and think of someone else instead of yourself for a change. Be of some help to your neighbor and then harbor the inner feeling of having done good.

Enjoy Life, Be Happy, Go Fish - Often!

"God has blessed America - may He continue to do so, even though we are not worthy of it".
Author..... Wally Cat
flyfishindave
Expert Angler
RE: Raffle for Terry 2007/10/12 13:45:54 (permalink)
well said I agree
Luke 9:23
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 283
RE: Raffle for Terry 2007/10/12 15:52:38 (permalink)
Sorry to say, there are lots that put a buck in the offering and think they are church members also. 

I don't think they are going to change until something changes them. 

Seems that those that may have a hard time making it are first to support a worthwhile cause.

Terry was an example of what I hope I can some day be like him.

Luke 9:23
Page: < 12345 > Showing page 2 of 5
Jump to: