Help a fellow angler please

Author
dannyboy
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 15
  • Reward points: 0
2009/05/06 22:04:56 (permalink)

Help a fellow angler please

This post pertains to my uncle who was diagnosed in late 2008 with colon cancer, which has quickly spread to his liver and mouth. He is 52 years old, has a wife, 5 younger kids, a grandson on the way, and was forced to take unemployment from his job. My family has organized a benefit for him on May 23rd, at Holy Rosary Church in Erie, PA from 6pm-11pm.
I am in charge of donations and putting together a few "themed baskets" for the benefit. Since hunting, fishing, and birding have been such a large part of his life and very important to him, I decided to do a fishing and also a hunting basket.
I am posting to see if anyone knows of any local Erie Business that would be willing to donate items or money to the cause, or yourselves for that matter. I have contacted the big names-Gander, Dicks, Erie Sports Store, and am trying to work out something with them with gift cards/donations of items, But we would still like a lot more donations. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated by the family, and every last dollar will go towards his medical bills incurred throughout this last year.

Thank you in advance.
my personal email for any direct questions/comments:
Dannykozy@yahoo.com

4 Replies Related Threads

Hendy07
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 7
    RE: Help a fellow angler please 2009/05/07 14:10:28 (permalink)
    Someone please help to make a difference. This is also my uncle and their family could use the help right about now. Thank you all in advance
    gambler
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 107
    RE: Help a fellow angler please 2009/05/07 18:43:53 (permalink)
    I would love to help but I am fighting my own battles with two cancers and have my own expenses to deal with. I truly wish I could help out but any extra money (and it isn't much) I donate to cancer research. I feel bad not being able to donate, I wish I could but I am in the same boat and it sucks.
    JEB
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2248
    RE: Help a fellow angler please 2009/05/08 11:24:07 (permalink)
    Shoot me a PM with your address, I could donate some flies.
    dannyboy
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 15
    RE: Help a fellow angler please 2009/05/14 17:54:31 (permalink)
    just wanted to say thanks to Josh (Rollcaster!) he sent some real nice flies and rod socks!
    It means alot that you went out of your way to send these items to someone you didnt know, paying for the items and the shipping!
    I am sure the family will be as appreciative as I am, Just wanted to recognize a superb fellow angler. He is the type of person who you want to run into out on the lake or in the woods-someone who cares!

Thanks again josh!!!
    post edited by dannyboy - 2009/05/17 07:05:31
    Jump to: