Hey dumas

Your PM box is full

dumas

11 Replies Related Threads

SilverKype
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3842
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: silverkype 2009/04/15 07:55:26 (permalink)
    This rain is ****in' me off dumas.   Steady rain on the headwaters all night and this morning.  Grannoms were poppin' lower yesterday but the fish weren't on them yet.  Izz looking forward to Thursday.    Cleaned out the box.

My reports and advice are for everyone to enjoy, not just the paying customers.
    SilverKype
    Pro Angler
    RE: silverkype 2009/04/15 08:21:04 (permalink)
    I bought a platium trout line yesterday.   Its taper reminds me of triangle taper.   I usually cut about 18 inches off of TT.    I held off and cut about 3 inches off this time.  It feels like the white head is a bit thicker than the end of the sage line.  It has like a sandy feel to it.  Does the platium trout turn over okay and is it accurate for short casts ?  I already knoted the leader on, but may have to cut some more line. 

salmotrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2132
    RE: silverkype 2009/04/15 17:18:17 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: SilverKype

I bought a platium trout line yesterday.   Its taper reminds me of triangle taper.   I usually cut about 18 inches off of TT.    I held off and cut about 3 inches off this time.  It feels like the white head is a bit thicker than the end of the sage line.  It has like a sandy feel to it.  Does the platium trout turn over okay and is it accurate for short casts ?  I already knoted the leader on, but may have to cut some more line. 

I gotta check into this. I usually cut a couple feet off my TT lines.
    Did you fish it?
    Grannoms? May be coming your way Fri. or Sat.. What flies should I tie.
    Just names-. I'll make something up. PM if you want. Please......

Lyrical
    D-nymph
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6701
    RE: silverkype 2009/04/15 17:19:47 (permalink)
    Elk Hair Caddis.

Black body, brown hackle, darkish wing, #14.

and

Leadwing coachman.
    salmotrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2132
    RE: silverkype 2009/04/15 17:27:40 (permalink)
    #14. Crap- I'll need to buy hooks.

Lyrical
    duncsdad
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 515
    RE: silverkype 2009/04/15 19:12:26 (permalink)
    With the steady rain the river is rolling pretty good, although the vis is okay.  If you do decide to fish from today into any time early next week, be very careful wading.  The current velocity is way up and the depth is over 3.

I stopped at a spot on the way home from work today, just to look, not ot fish, and there were fish on the surface, but there weren't any Grannoms.  They were on midges and the occassional BWO.

If the rain halts soon, there may be ideal conditions come Monday or Tuesday -- if the bugs hold off.

Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion
    thedrake
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1948
    RE: silverkype 2009/04/16 00:23:14 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: SilverKype

I like the platinum. It's better than TT for short casts. Actually, I think its one of the better lines for short casts. I've only cast it on my WT, which loads with any amount of line out, but it feels like it would even load a faster rod with a short line.

Dont cut the tip duud. You'll screw up the dyna tip.

dumas
    thedrake
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1948
    RE: silverkype 2009/04/16 00:30:25 (permalink)
    I pulled a grannom out of its case over the weekend. It was starting to turn from the green color to a mostly dark brown color, which usually means about a week til it hatches.
    SilverKype
    Pro Angler
    RE: silverkype 2009/04/16 08:03:26 (permalink)
    I cut the loop and only an inch of the tip.  Still got about 2' 9".

Sal.. I'd wait until next week if you could.  The grannoms don't last long.   Doesn't sound like it's a go for the weekend.  drake put up some pics a while back of some good ties.

Shawn I figured the water wouldn't turn to mud.  It never rained hard, just steady.  Never saw the river yesterday, I took the highway home, stopped at Lowe's .. remodeling my bathroom.  So much fun.

SilverKype
    Pro Angler
    RE: silverkype 2009/04/17 07:55:53 (permalink)
    Buddy caught a few last night.  Bugs hit the water about 7:00.

duncsdad
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 515
    RE: silverkype 2009/04/18 10:51:56 (permalink)
    I took yesterday off to fish the Grannoms.

Did you know they were giving away free beer on the Little J yesterday?

A least from all the cars you would have though that was what was happening.  There were several areas were there was NO parking available.

The river floww still needs to come down to get some better surface action.  It was an okay day, but not a great one.

Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion
    Jump to: