Put A Fork In It, I'm Done

Author
hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
  • Reward points: 0
2009/03/19 19:24:28 (permalink)

Put A Fork In It, I'm Done

geesh, just rolled into the house. nothing at all looks frozen waters. yea i checked out shanty and seen they were "walking the plank" up north . Not my thing. I'm going to revisit my buddies Sam & Adams tonight then work on some spring tune up gear for open water this weekend. If you guys make it up be safe and let me know when the ice is out..

Peace & Tuna

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen

7 Replies Related Threads

backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: Put A Fork In It, I'm Done 2009/03/19 23:54:01 (permalink)
    Tuna that was a "mission accomplished" round trip. Warmer weather has me staying up late and getting up early as usually a few weeks  prior to opener.. still hoping to get a march SR..  suppose it is still too high for wading.

stay out of the stock market /big brother is on the take
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: Put A Fork In It, I'm Done 2009/03/20 13:42:57 (permalink)
    Welcome home Tuna!  Looks like a great trip.

I got back from NJ/NYC this morning and was THRILLED to see that my lake once again looks like a LAKE and not a friggin' frozen tundra.  I am in my office right now, but planning on heading home soon to throw the battery in the boat and turn the key and see what happens.

Springtime for a boat owner is always such a bittersweet experience.  At least the boat owners who have outboards...  Sigh.

It would have been nice to get one more crack at a few lakes, but the hardwater season was a good one this year.  Ship of Fools and I made an last-minute afternoon Hail Mary trip to Lake George last Sunday and Northwest Bay was a GHOST TOWN!!!  We saw maybe three other groups, who all left pretty early.  We were the last one's off the ice around 7pm, and had to sort of do a little 'hop and skip' on some floating ice to get back to the car.

That was fun

No lakers on the mission, but my pike streak stayed alive with a small one at the end of the day:

The ice fishing buckets are safely buried in the back of the closet, and the waders and fly gear will be brought out into the "Gear Room" later today.  I thin it is safe to say we've seen our last ice around here until December.

And I, for one, am happy to see sparkling and shimmering liquid outside my window again. 
    post edited by Neversink Jimmy - 2009/03/20 13:44:19

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    RE: Put A Fork In It, I'm Done 2009/03/20 14:18:31 (permalink)
    so glad you got another trip in you dog you  I got burnt on pike this year, only to blow my only pike at the hole

still have to pack up my ice gear but today I am working around my steelhead stuff and opening up my spring gear . What a mess I am having here , good thing I am getting help

Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 707
    RE: Put A Fork In It, I'm Done 2009/03/21 15:40:29 (permalink)
    Me TOO!!! Put all my ice stuff away Today!!! Getting ready for some Trout/Pannies/may try some cats TOO! Then STRIPERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    shovel74
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 28
    RE: Put A Fork In It, I'm Done 2009/03/21 18:45:06 (permalink)
    I just finished cleaning forty perch from the King, and put my all my gear away, sad to say it is officially done for me also.  There was about 6" of ice this morning, we were able to get on and off easily without getting wet, but it certainly was making some noise!! 
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    RE: Put A Fork In It, I'm Done 2009/04/05 20:00:05 (permalink)
    by, by pee,pee

Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 707
    RE: Put A Fork In It, I'm Done 2009/04/05 23:57:50 (permalink)
    NO, No, RJ It's Later, LATER!!!!!

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    Jump to: