Interesting read

Author
gobyking
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1195
  • Reward points: 0
2009/03/13 13:06:03 (permalink)

Interesting read

From another website, an owner of the new Strykeforce just getting his new crossbow sited in:

"So now I am happy with my velocity its target time. 15 yards on my Hawke MAP( LOVE IT) I am using the TOP little hash mark. I am on dead on. But I already knew that from before. SO now I back it up to 25 yards and use the first crosshair and I am shooting hight a bit. So back it up to 30 yards and Bingo I am dead on. Oh I AM using the 450 grain arrow here now for the target practice. So now I am backing it up to 40 yards and using the second crosshair and Bingo dead on again. multiple arrows used to confirm being dead on. SO now backing it up to 50 now. I am using the third crosshair and .. You got to be kidding me here BINGO dead on confirmed by yet multiple shots. Now I am sitting here Not believeing that I am hitting like I am at this distance. I know its not far for a lot of you guys but **** its starting to get to be a good bit of distance to me. So now I am thinking lets go back to 60 and see what I am doing. Well I just had a feeling I am going to be high and Yup I was shooting high a bit. Confirmed by multiple shots. So I say lets go back to 65 and see what happens here. So I get set up and shoot and BINGO dead on. Now I am at 65 yards and hitting the bottom of the the middle spyder or JUST off of it just about 1/2 to 1" low on my Spyderweb target. Can't believe my eyes. Now Trigger control is my weakness now at these farther ranges and I know this. Very critical and doing my best for perfect trigger control and I am getting to know the trigger and how much I am able to pull on the trigger till just before it breaks.

So now that that 65 yards is set I have that dreaded bottom post that is just BEGGING to be shot to see where it ends up. So I back up yet again at 75 yards you got to be kidding me 75 yards. Let one loose and I am hitting a bit high. Also confirmed by multiple arrows. So do I dare back up yet again, Now off to 80 yards... yup 80 yards. I look through my Hawke scope and say this IS a LLLLOOOOOONNNNNGGGGGG way. Well I let one loose and when it gets there not bad for first shot about 3 inches away. So I settle down again with another arrow and ( almost a bingo) just low of the bulls eye by 1" thats it. SO I go pull that arrow and shoot it again and WOW almost same spot HOLE off by less than 1/2 inch. SO I say I have to do that again with that same arrow and Holy COW Just 1/2 off the same hole again. WOW OH WOW. So I shoot another arrow just to see, and this arrow goes about 1 1/2 inches lower than the last arrow. WOW my two arrows at 80 yards is under 2" . Unbelieveable.

SO I got today the map set at from top to bottom 15 30 40 50 65 80 now I have to say that 65 and 80 yards are just low by about 1 to 1 1/2 inches low on those but I am not complaing one bit.

As I practice more and more and become more comfortable with the trigger I know things will be better. But can't imagine much better but I feel there is more room for improvement.

I love this SF it is an unbelieveable bow."

4 Replies Related Threads

SilverKype
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3842
    RE: Interesting read 2009/03/13 14:34:38 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: gobyking

Now I am sitting here Not believeing that I am hitting like I am at this distance. I know its not far for a lot of you guys but ****

How 'bout that.  Some wonder why some call them "crossguns."  I have a tendency to stay away from the term but ****.

My reports and advice are for everyone to enjoy, not just the paying customers.
    gobyking
    Pro Angler
    RE: Interesting read 2009/03/13 15:30:02 (permalink)
    More quotes from the same thread fom different people:

"I was giggling every time down the range in amazement. I even came home and showed my wife the pictures of the targets I was so excited. I look at those picts and can't believe I did it at those ranges. At 80 yards that retical starts to MOVE. Trigger control is huge and I am still getting comfortable with it. But I will keep at it and improve. I just wish I was better at it. But trigger time will help. I will setup again next week I hope and do some more shooting. I just hope the wind will die off to really get a good test."

"It shoots dont it. It will do the same with a broad head. Wait untill you set up at 90yds it looks like no way the first time i shot mine that far. I thought i missed the hole bag. Will there goes a arrow. i walked out to the target and it was in the bulls eye."

"i to changed to 125grn with a goldtip laserll and boy what a diffrence,i shot 20-80 yesterday and had my budy with binos when i got to 70-80 and at 70 shot first 2 arrows within a inch of each other and in the heart of the spiderweb target vital,so third arrow budy says you better aim for lungs so you dont hit a arrow,well no way i want consistency,oooo i got it and runed 2 arrows,oooooooo this is 1 awsome bow.i was begening to wander though because with 100 grn i was not impressed with consistency but i tell ya the 25 exrta grn make the hole deal change,shes dead on now and smoken fast.i like"
     "I tried to hold it like a target rifle and barely hold it to my shoulder and I felt the kick or recoil of the crossbow would move a small bit before the arrow was off the rail and would affect my groups. Then this last time out I held firmly like when I would shoot my 270 Weatherby Mag and I shot really good." "80 yards is a "gimme" :-) It'll drop them in there all day long. My 504 grain arrows are on at 30/40/50/60/75/85 with the MAP." 

bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5026
    RE: Interesting read 2009/03/13 16:44:21 (permalink)
    Mabee a reticle like this...

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

gobyking
    Pro Angler
    RE: Interesting read 2009/03/18 23:02:00 (permalink)
    Wow. No crossbow guys want to defend this?

This isn't "bowhunting"?
    Jump to: