Get involved

Author
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
  • Reward points: 0
2009/03/07 06:29:59 (permalink)

Get involved

Only 3 more years till the Sunshine clause revote..

Write your BOC,,Congressmen, any one that will listen.

Don't let them end around 200,000 archery hunters...

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

13 Replies Related Threads

dpms
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3509
    RE: Get involved 2009/03/07 09:19:02 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: bingsbaits

Bings,

The next three years will be a good opportunity to monitor the true impact.  No more speculation or assumptions.

I believe that both sides need to settle down and look at the numbers as they come in.  It will be an interesting ride for sure, but waiting for some data and field experience will help to bolster any positions that one has.

My rifle is a black rifle
    S-10
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5185
    RE: Get involved 2009/03/07 11:25:18 (permalink)
    Do you really think there is any chance of a revote against it. They voted it in to get out of the hastle of issuing permits, The legislature would overturn if they tried, and they would be back to issuing permits again if they did. It's a done deal and nothing short of a march on the capital is going to change it. UNLESS--Maybe Bings, Silver, myself, Drake and a few others could run for commissioner or state office.

16 COMMISSIONER BOOP: With respect to the two proposed

17 amendments, I'll discuss the sunset provision amendment first. I've been on

18 this board for five years. I've been a municipal solicitor for 35. My

19 experience with sunset provisions is they simply do not work. You cannot

20 give something and then later, after there's been reliance on it, take it away.

21 So the sunset amendment in my opinion respectfully does nothing to add a

22 plus or a minus to the original proposal.

23 On the issue of the magnification or telescopic sights, one of the

24 arguments that I have heard in favor of this main proposal to allow crossbows

25 is that it will get the Commission out of the permit business on this issue.

26 Currently we're issuing somewhere around 60,000 of these permits, and it is a

27 bureaucratic problem for the agency and an expense. This amendment will

1 simply put us back in permit business in my opinion. Studies have shown that

gobyking
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1195
    RE: Get involved 2009/03/08 03:34:11 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: dpms

ORIGINAL: bingsbaits

Bings,

The next three years will be a good opportunity to monitor the true impact.  No more speculation or assumptions.

I believe that both sides need to settle down and look at the numbers as they come in.  It will be an interesting ride for sure, but waiting for some data and field experience will help to bolster any positions that one has.

That statement right there shows how you are not on the side of the PA bowhunter, just a shortcutter for what you want. We had plenty of data from the SRA's but that was not put forth in the vote as a legitimate reason for or against. Not one commissioner used that data as a good primer for full inclusion.

You again show that you have no integrity on the issue that was passed.

But you are against inlines in flintlock season, showing you are a contradictory, hippocritical person.

Your line of traditional hunting is squiggly to say the least.
    DanesDad
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3087
    RE: Get involved 2009/03/08 03:44:23 (permalink)
    It wont be revoked.  Doesn't matter what you do, they wont eliminate a potential revenue stream.
    dpms
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3509
    RE: Get involved 2009/03/08 10:12:39 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: gobyking

That statement right there shows how you are not on the side of the PA bowhunter, just a shortcutter for what you want. We had plenty of data from the SRA's but that was not put forth in the vote as a legitimate reason for or against. Not one commissioner used that data as a good primer for full inclusion.

You again show that you have no integrity on the issue that was passed.

But you are against inlines in flintlock season, showing you are a contradictory, hippocritical person.

Your line of traditional hunting is squiggly to say the least.

Goby, obviously your disgust for crossbows and those that may use them consume your thoughts.  Whether you believe me or not, I will be asking for numbers and looking at them hard over the next three years.   If I did not care about the resource or the current archery season, I would never mention desire for data.

Listen, I know I will not change your mind.  Crossbow inclusion is here.  It is time to monitor the impact, whatever that may be, so that specualation and assumptions are minimized in 2012.

My rifle is a black rifle
    troutwizard54
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 268
    RE: Get involved 2009/03/08 14:45:42 (permalink)
    add crossbows. eliminate rifle season just my opinion, one or the other.

The wizard
    DanesDad
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3087
    RE: Get involved 2009/03/08 22:37:10 (permalink)
    An archery tag is sixteen dollars.  Let's say 50,000 guys take up the xbow.  That's 800,000 dollars of new revenue per year (before any licensing fee increases that will almost surely occur before 2012).  There is NO WAY they will walk away from that in 2012, no matter what the impact is on the herd.  NO WAY.  Xbows are here to stay, you might as well get used to it.
    SilverKype
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3842
    RE: Get involved 2009/03/09 09:43:34 (permalink)
    Where'd you get that little icon bings ?

I notice the bottom says "preserve a quality bowhunt in penna"

Interesting.  The argument that often gets overlooked.  No science involved, just a "quality" experience.

I am sure of one thing.  My local WCO has had major problems with road hunting in rifle season.   Will this be the first year for archery ?

I see her quite often.  I'll be sure to report her findings.

My reports and advice are for everyone to enjoy, not just the paying customers.
    Fishtamer
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 235
    RE: Get involved 2009/03/09 09:45:02 (permalink)
    I think they should outlaw cars, too many deer being killed with them.
    Moses Guthrie
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 216
    RE: Get involved 2009/03/09 20:49:23 (permalink)
    Why not seperate vertical and horizontal bow licenses? This would generate more income from guys that want to use both and get a feel how much addtional pressure has been put on the resource.
    duncsdad
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 515
    RE: Get involved 2009/03/10 18:11:09 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: troutwizard54

add crossbows. eliminate rifle season just my opinion, one or the other.

I agree -- might as well eliminate rifle season which is 70+% of the hunters in favor of the archery hunters (some of who are also rifle hunters as well).  Makes sense to me.

NOT.

Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5026
    RE: Get involved 2009/03/10 18:13:40 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: SilverKype

Where'd you get that little icon bings ?

I notice the bottom says "preserve a quality bowhunt in penna"

Interesting.  The argument that often gets overlooked.  No science involved, just a "quality" experience.

I am sure of one thing.  My local WCO has had major problems with road hunting in rifle season.   Will this be the first year for archery ?

I see her quite often.  I'll be sure to report her findings.

NJ had those out before their vote...I just erased their state and added ours...

They have not eevn officially been made legal and one of the fears I have over the whole deal is coming true..Some shooting to far...

Over on another hunting site they just started a thread about show us your crossbow kills..
    By the way DPMS nice deer...
    I think like the third fella to post about his kill says.."shot him at 49 yards quartering to me, took him right behind the shoulder...""

With all the possible new hunters picking up a new weapon this post will only reenforce my problems with some shooting to far...

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

Moses Guthrie
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 216
    RE: Get involved 2009/03/10 18:21:28 (permalink)
    I had the same fears when they were made legal in 2B, but once these guys saw it was still hunting the pressure is about the same as it was before they came along. seems like the guys hunting with crossbows now were hunting with compounds before not new hunters. 

People are going to shoot too far with every type of weapon.
    Jump to: