Fella at Penns

Author
Sculpin 14
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 429
  • Reward points: 0
2009/01/26 15:09:01 (permalink)

Fella at Penns

A friend and myself took a propecting trip yesterday on Penns Creek. I had only ever fished Penns Creek once awhile back, drove around most of the morning. Found the Catch and Release Area but it was unfishable due to the ice along the banks. So desided to have a look at the Trophy Trout section. Arived around 1 o'clock and was suiting up and a older guy pulled over and started bull ****ing with us, went back to his truck got some pictures to show us, 10 or 15 different 5 fish limits of 18" plus trout caught from the Trophy Trout Section on Penns, some from Elk Creek, and some from Pine, not sure of the Regs. on Elk and Pine but I told the guy that you could only keep 2 fish over 14" from opening day to Labor day, and he said "no, no there are special regulation here" and I said yeah, those are the regs, and he said "no there my regs. I will do what I want, so may people come from all over to fish these creeks and it ****es me off, so I keep them and give them to the amish" then he proceeded to tell us that he was a guide and wanted to show us exactly where to fish..........Can you believe some people, I was pretty close to letting this guy have it but I just humored him and started up stream. As he got in his truck, he yelled "I'll be back in a couple of hours to check on you two." as if he owned to the creek or something......

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.

http://flickr.com/photos/fellowshipanglerleague/

9 Replies Related Threads

D-nymph
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6701
    RE: Fella at Penns 2009/01/26 15:21:46 (permalink)
    Isn't like, 90+% of Elk and Pine privately owned club waters, at least the limestone fed areas?  So, he may own it. 
    Sculpin 14
    Expert Angler
    RE: Fella at Penns 2009/01/26 15:27:54 (permalink)
    I am not sure the F&BC has them listed as Class A Trout Streams, and they stock some of Pine. He doesn't own it, cause he was talking about going up into S.R.C. property on Pine Creek and fishing there fish out.

D-nymph
    Pro Angler
    RE: Fella at Penns 2009/01/26 15:59:06 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Sculpin 14

I am not sure the F&BC has them listed as Class A Trout Streams, and they stock some of Pine. He doesn't own it, cause he was talking about going up into S.R.C. property on Pine Creek and fishing there fish out.

I'm pretty sure it's almost entirely private.

If he's fishing Beaver's water covertly, good for him.
    Sculpin 14
    Expert Angler
    RE: Fella at Penns 2009/01/26 16:07:10 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: D-nymph

ORIGINAL: Sculpin 14

I'm pretty sure it's almost entirely private.

If he's fishing Beaver's water covertly, good for him.

Yeah as far as Beavers fish, I agree, but my main point here is that he was taking 5 fish limits out of the Trophy Trout Section, and was basically boasting about how the regulations dont apply to him.....

Esox_Hunter
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2393
    RE: Fella at Penns 2009/01/26 21:59:19 (permalink)
    It is a shame people stoop that low just in order to spite the PFBC rules.  I would be willing to bet if you met one****like that in the area, he is not the only one around with the same mentality.  I have heard of similar stories pertaining to Fishing Creek through the narrows however, I was never able to confirm them.  Some of the locals in both areas can be quite sketchy to say the least.   

D-Nymph- While I do share your feelings about SRC and Beaver and what he has done to privatize fishing, to advocate sneaking on his property to fish is a very dumb idea.  If it were a handful of camps who posted the property and not Beaver, would you feel the same way about trespassing? 

Even if you do get on Beavers property there what would that accomplish?  If they patrol it in a similar manner to the LJ it will get you a citation 9 of 10 times.  Is it worth the fine just to think you have "****ed" off Beaver by catching his fish?  I will never advocate the privatization of any water resource, but you need to pick your battles and in the case of these small streams, cut your losses until (if) PA law changes.   
    thedrake
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1948
    RE: Fella at Penns 2009/01/27 00:19:46 (permalink)
    Sculpin,

Did you get the gentleman's name or who he guides for?
    Sculpin 14
    Expert Angler
    RE: Fella at Penns 2009/01/27 08:01:25 (permalink)
    I didnt get the guys name, if he was a guide I would need to see hard evidence to believe him, but he was speaking very highly of the Feathered Hook.

D-nymph
    Pro Angler
    RE: Fella at Penns 2009/01/27 09:08:42 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Esox_Hunter
      D-Nymph- While I do share your feelings about SRC and Beaver and what he has done to privatize fishing, to advocate sneaking on his property to fish is a very dumb idea.  If it were a handful of camps who posted the property and not Beaver, would you feel the same way about trespassing? 

Even if you do get on Beavers property there what would that accomplish?  If they patrol it in a similar manner to the LJ it will get you a citation 9 of 10 times.  Is it worth the fine just to think you have "****ed" off Beaver by catching his fish?  I will never advocate the privatization of any water resource, but you need to pick your battles and in the case of these small streams, cut your losses until (if) PA law changes.   

1. If it was a handful of camps, in no way would I feel the same.

2. What would it accomplish, it wouldn't acomplish anything for me, because I wouldn't do it.

3. It is not worth the fine for me, because I wouldn't do it.  But if some knucklehead wants to go trespassing on Beaver waters, I'm not going to oppose him doing so, or even tell him any opinion one way or the other.  That's his choice, and his risk.

salmotrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2132
    RE: Fella at Penns 2009/01/27 18:12:18 (permalink)
    I probably would have gotten his vehicle & license info & forwarded it to the WCO. Sounds like you handled it as well as anyone could have.
    This is a sad story. If I caught someone on my waters doing this I don't know what the outcome would be. For sure someone with a badge would be involved.

Lyrical
    Jump to: