CROSSBOW NATION

Author
gobyking
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1195
  • Reward points: 0
2009/01/19 22:34:25 (permalink)

CROSSBOW NATION

Here is a just a little of what our fellow crossbow enthusiasts here in PA have been up to....

http://crossbownation.com/community/showthread.php?t=1785&page=2

If you look at the site(which is very small, smaller that Dr. Trouts site if that is possible) a good bit of the members are from out of state. Most of them will never hunt here but want YOU to put up with them.....

Here is another site www.huntingpa.com that has been a battleground in terms of the crossbow inclusion (see the outdoor issues page on the message boards). A large amount of people who are for them are from other states again and will never hunt here.

DPMS has been busy along with some other fellows on here who are in support I'm sure. You guys that are against it in the rest of the state need to send your emails to the PGC which were posted in the NRA expansion thread if you really don't want these weapons around in you season.

This is not a shot at anyone, just want to put up what others here fail to say what their real goals are.

15 Replies Related Threads

Dr. Trout
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4417
    RE: CROSSBOW NATION 2009/01/19 22:52:11 (permalink)

GOBY writes ----

This is not a shot at anyone

But starts with this...

smaller that Dr. Trouts site if that is possible

I see now why E-mails talk about how the bashing me makes the basher look very very small .............
    post edited by Dr. Trout - 2009/01/19 22:53:22
    gobyking
    Pro Angler
    RE: CROSSBOW NATION 2009/01/19 22:53:07 (permalink)
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5026
    RE: CROSSBOW NATION 2009/01/20 07:26:06 (permalink)
    Gotta come to Dpms defense. He's been about the only one who has stayed out of the ****ing matches and pretty much gives solid info either way..

And if you notice he also has leaned a little more toward not having FULL INCLUSION but wants some form of expanded use...

Lighten UP old timer life is to short to go around ****ed off all the time...
    post edited by bingsbaits - 2009/01/20 07:37:51

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

dpms
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3508
    RE: CROSSBOW NATION 2009/01/20 07:47:01 (permalink)
    Hey Goby,

There is much to go around on both sides.  Some active members of this board are active elsewhere as well.  Maybe some different screen names too.

Anyway, check out www.bowsite.com for more of the anti-crossbow side of things. 

My rifle is a black rifle
    dpms
    Pro Angler
    RE: CROSSBOW NATION 2009/01/20 07:50:56 (permalink)
    BTW, no matter how one feels.  It is not too late to contact the commissioners.  The vote is close and impossible to predict the outcome. 

My take on the vote as of now.

Isabella, yes
    Shleiden, yes
    Boop, no
    Delaney, no
    Weaner, no

Palone, leaning yes
    Shreffler, 50/50.  Wants a optics ammendment that my sources say has little support among the board.  No telling how he will vote if this ammendment does not pass.

Wally Cat
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1071
    RE: CROSSBOW NATION 2009/01/20 15:52:31 (permalink)
    Don't they have any real issues to worry about? Why stir the pot when it's just working fine?

Enjoy Life, Be Happy, Go Fish - Often!

"God has blessed America - may He continue to do so, even though we are not worthy of it".
    Author..... Wally Cat
    DanesDad
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3087
    RE: CROSSBOW NATION 2009/01/21 00:30:49 (permalink)
    it's gonna happen, so you might as well get used to it.
    SilverKype
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3842
    RE: CROSSBOW NATION 2009/01/21 07:41:41 (permalink)
    It may very well not happen this year Dane.

My reports and advice are for everyone to enjoy, not just the paying customers.
    dpms
    Pro Angler
    RE: CROSSBOW NATION 2009/01/21 09:05:50 (permalink)
    Truly 50/50 at this point.  Palone and Shreffler hold the power.

gobyking
    Pro Angler
    RE: CROSSBOW NATION 2009/01/23 00:30:45 (permalink)
    I guess we will find out in a couple days since the hunters opinions don't really matter. I sure would like to see a form show up at my mailbox and fill it out first. That way you could really judge what the PA hunter majority feels. I don't trust meetings that the PGC hold because they are weighted with people who have an agenda(crossbows and other items), the hunters of PA do not.
    nightowl207
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 567
    RE: CROSSBOW NATION 2009/01/23 01:06:14 (permalink)
    they are taking public views and recommendation speechs the first 3 days. You get 5 minutes to speak your opinion, sign up, then first come first serve. This is what I understand from what I read briefly on the pgc site. Hell of a long drive to get to speak for 5 mins, like their gonna really take anyones opinion to heart anyway.
    gobyking
    Pro Angler
    RE: CROSSBOW NATION 2009/01/23 01:28:32 (permalink)
    That is exactly my point. Many people can't break away from their jobs or commitments to say what they really feel. The people who have a monetary gain in this debate are the ones who will come to the meeting in Harrisburg which we all can't attend because we have jobs. It is a big shell game which we hunters will view the outcome in less than 5 years.

Unfortunately, the pro-crossbows guys will not admit this. Those who do, I will give my utmost respect to. I can't take a couple days off, my job is an on-call deal. I get paid to be available.
    S-10
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5185
    RE: CROSSBOW NATION 2009/01/23 07:03:50 (permalink)
    Goby--You can take that list that DPMS posted on one of these threads and send them an E-mail. I did and I know that it was received because I got a thank you from Delaney. At least they will know your feelings on the issue.
    dpms
    Pro Angler
    RE: CROSSBOW NATION 2009/01/23 07:59:12 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: gobyking

That is exactly my point. Many people can't break away from their jobs or commitments to say what they really feel. The people who have a monetary gain in this debate are the ones who will come to the meeting in Harrisburg which we all can't attend because we have jobs. It is a big shell game which we hunters will view the outcome in less than 5 years.

Unfortunately, the pro-crossbows guys will not admit this. Those who do, I will give my utmost respect to. I can't take a couple days off, my job is an on-call deal. I get paid to be available.

Goby, my friend.  You can email and send letters to commissioners and they read them all.  Everyone can testify at the meetings which are four times a year.

The last one was in Washington in your backyard.  Did you speak your peace?  I took the day off of work to be there.

Yes there are alot of representatives from various organizations that attend every meeting but there are also many regular guys that find the time if a issue is important to them.

I urge you to go to one meeting if you can.  Every hunter should see how the system works and how truly available these commissioners are to the general public.

One called me at my house and we spoke for 45 minutes 2 weeks ago.

dpms
    Pro Angler
    RE: CROSSBOW NATION 2009/01/23 08:00:59 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: S-10

I did and I know that it was received because I got a thank you from Delaney. At least they will know your feelings on the issue.

He is a quality commissioner for sure.  We may disagree on the crossbow issue but we also agree on many things.  Good guy and he truly does care what hunters think. 
    post edited by dpms - 2009/01/23 08:12:17

Jump to: