Mohawk River Reports

Author
REEL FORCE
  • Total Posts : 552
  • Reward points: 0
2007/06/19 20:22:01 (permalink)

Mohawk River Reports

6/17 Got to Mohawk Marina @ 6am - fished by River Front Park and no hits- Lock 8 dam, got a nice 3 lb smallie - Glen Sanderd Mansion (weed mats) partner caught a few nice largemouth includeing a 4 pounder - after casting weedles worms on top of the mats he put on a spinner bait to work the deep weed edges 7-8 ft deep , he ended up catchin 2 really nice walleyes about 25-27 inches long - with several follows to the boat .... finished the day about 4:30 pm .

2 Replies Related Threads

MohawkRiverDan
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 102
    RE: Mohawk River Reports 2007/06/19 22:03:48 (permalink)
    Sweet report! Keep em comming. The Schoarrie has been tough as of late but the rain we are getting now should help a bit. Below lock 12 is still a SMbass factory, with my average fish being 2 lbs. Trolling seems to be the way to hook up with the eyes up here. I havent caught a leagle eye since the opener but thats ok with me, I aint fishen for them. Trolling with a LC wobbler and a worm has boated many of nice eyes for some guys that I just met. They were killing them about 200 yards down from the lock.

Get your fishing in now because the dog days are closing in quick.
    REEL FORCE
    • Total Posts : 552
    RE: Mohawk River Reports 2007/07/01 19:15:30 (permalink)
    7/1/07 - started the day at 6:30am as my partner backed the boat in the water I saw a fish jump 2 docks down, as I slid out of the trailer and without starting the motor I took a cast at that spot - first cast got me a small smallie I said to myself " this could be a good day" and the curse was on from there .... fished the rest of the docks (caught more dock then fish) headed up to River Front Park and from there to Glen Sanders from there we headed to Lock 8 on the way my water pump gave out  ... started to head back to the launch fishing the banks with only the trolling motor caught some rock bass and I managed to hook into a small Northern... finished the day around 3:30pm ... lots of boat traffic ...
    Jump to: