What's everybody targeting this weekend ?

Author
bassinbrian
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 902
  • Reward points: 0
2008/11/11 19:24:47 (permalink)

What's everybody targeting this weekend ?

Man soooo many options (IMO anyway) ...

-Hit the big res for smallies in my rowboat
-Target some LMB in a small lake
-Troll for Trout at a near by lake
-Go after some Eyes
-Try and find some big Crappies

It looks like some rain and 50's on Saturday, so possiably Trout or Eyes may be the better option. Only have till Dec 1st to use the res boat so i want to get out there again. Bass should be schooling up and feeding before it gets to cold.

So what about you guys ????

8 Replies Related Threads

hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: What's everybody targeting this weekend ? 2008/11/11 19:52:30 (permalink)
    only 1 option for me & my son to put our sights on this weekend

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: What's everybody targeting this weekend ? 2008/11/11 22:13:25 (permalink)
    I am off to Schroon Lake on Saturday to hang out at my buddy's camp and chase Landlockers and Lakers up and down the lake all day...

Maybe a Pike to two also- if we're lucky...  I have SQUAT for luck on that lake, but got a good feeling about Saturday... 

Just hope the boat runs right...  It is sort of cursed on Schroon Lake...  Ugh...

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: What's everybody targeting this weekend ? 2008/11/11 23:26:27 (permalink)
    Nice bucks there RJ !!
    I used to be more of a hunter, but found i would rather be fishing ... even this time of the year.

Good luck, stay safe.

Jimmy - good luck with the Schroon fishes.
    post edited by bassinbrian - 2008/11/11 23:27:02
    HookLineSinker
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 322
    RE: What's everybody targeting this weekend ? 2008/11/12 15:18:50 (permalink)
    I'm targeting a new job. May be looking at lay-offs soon.

When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too.
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: What's everybody targeting this weekend ? 2008/11/12 18:28:59 (permalink)
    HLS,

Thats some rough news, my man...  Sounds like things are 'tough all over'.

Lemme' know if I can help in any way, that is a crummy situation, indeed.  And us Cortland guys gotta' stick together, you know?

We can't have all those smelly Ithaca College grads taking up all the good jobs out there...  Friggin' pansies :)

Trust me when I tell you that you are not alone.  I got THREE different emails today from friends with the same news.  Tough times, for certain.

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman
    New York Yank
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 479
    RE: What's everybody targeting this weekend ? 2008/11/12 20:23:49 (permalink)
    Congrats RJ and son, some beautiful bucks there!  JERKY time!
     I'm targeting ICE.  I admire you guys still plugging out there though. I told the missus this Salmon river trip today was the last expedition of the year.  By the way, I had a nice one on within 15 minutes of sunrise, great fight, and lost her right at my feet in about 4" of water, and didnt get another bite all day.  Very slow day as usual when I am there.  Best pools were ice cold.  I'm too stupid to stop going there though, it's like playing the ****ed lotto... ya never know.
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 707
    RE: What's everybody targeting this weekend ? 2008/11/12 23:45:18 (permalink)
    RJ,  Very Nice This Year???

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: What's everybody targeting this weekend ? 2008/11/13 07:54:51 (permalink)
    No they were last season. The 2 10 pointers were bow and the 8 was opening gun , my son's first deer hunt.
    This year however has been tough as nails. Seen a ton of deer first week of bow but has been very quiet after that. Yesterday I bit the bullet and went to Oneonta (my gun spot) and must have seen 30 deer. Nothing came within range for the bow. Next outings from here on will be with the big boomer.

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    Jump to: