Author
Neversink Jimmy
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 798
  • Reward points: 0
2008/11/04 10:13:15 (permalink)

Late Season WALLEYE Bash?

Fellers,

Well, I am back in Albany for a few weeks until my 'travel season' cranks back up and sends me to FL, LA, KY and MI...

I am sort of low on finances for the next week or so, so I am basing all my fishing around my house and home lake...

The walleye bite is (supposedly) supposed to be hot this month, although my success on Snyders Lake has been modest lately.  Granted, I am not out fishing for 12hrs a day like I did in the summer- but I only manage a bass or crappie here and there now, instead of the onslaught of double-digit Smallmouth days, etc.

I am going to stay home all weekend and will be fishing hard.

I thought maybe a few of you might wanna' come over and hang out this weekend?  Saturday or Sunday?  No need for a big 'bender' like back in August, but if a few of you feel like making one last 'push' on the lake before the snow flies and the water grows a roof, get in touch!

I've got two canoes and my Starcraft.  And the weather reports says Sunday is the better day.  But it's also football day.  I can run a TV out to the dock if needed- but Saturday would be a good time too.

Send a note- reply to this post- or give me a call.  I'd love to see you guys again as the fishing season takes one last gasp before the 'death rattle' in early December.

And hey, REELFORCE, you better be there.  Come on over Friday if you need a 'getaway' or else Saturday morning.  I've got a room you can crash in if you want to take a 'mini vacation' away from spousal issues and house fires.  You deserve a few days of Bass and Budweisers... 

And I'd love to see you back on Snyders Lake...

Kevin?  RJ?  Doug?  Brian?  Paul?

Anyone intersted in a little gathering this weekend?

Anyone shoot anything delicious yet?

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman

21 Replies Related Threads

HookLineSinker
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 322
    RE: Late Season WALLEYE Bash? 2008/11/04 11:07:44 (permalink)
    I'm in for either day. My boat is winterized, so I'd need to hop on another boat. I'll get in touch with you soon.

When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too.
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: Late Season WALLEYE Bash? 2008/11/04 12:21:44 (permalink)
    Well- looks like Doug is OUT since he was so premature with winterizing the boat...

Just kidding man- you can fish with me ANYTIME...  The "Starcraft Brethren" must stick together, right?

You're riding with ME- young man!

Anyone else wanna' hang this weekend?  Name a day- and we'll go with what works for the masses.

I am open either day- so we can do 'split shifts' if you wanna!

I am fishing my FACE off all weekend!

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 707
    RE: Late Season WALLEYE Bash? 2008/11/04 15:29:54 (permalink)
    MAN!!! Hunting or Fishing!!!!! Maybe bow hunt in the am and fish the afternoon!!! I'll call you!! When I make up a mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: Late Season WALLEYE Bash? 2008/11/04 16:44:07 (permalink)
    You can shoot the neighbors if you want, Kevin...

Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: Late Season WALLEYE Bash? 2008/11/05 10:23:43 (permalink)
    Come on now Fellas!!!

One last shot at some fish before our minds turn to turkeys and heating bills?

Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    RE: Late Season WALLEYE Bash? 2008/11/05 11:40:33 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Neversink Jimmy

You can shoot the neighbors if you want, Kevin...
      Your neighbors have deer??!@#$$%

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: Late Season WALLEYE Bash? 2008/11/05 11:45:10 (permalink)
    sat is no go for me and I have to work sunday nite. not sure what that leaves me , SOL ?
    i wanted to hang with ya during the week but can't seem to climb out of the trees.

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: Late Season WALLEYE Bash? 2008/11/05 12:21:04 (permalink)
    Tunah'...  That leaves you with a great chance to come on over for some lunch and fishin' on Sunday morning!

Hee hee...

I am hoping to get back out to Pulaski one week from Friday.  Spend the night at Whittakers and get after some Metalheads the next day.  But what I *REALLY* want is one of those 10lb+ browns...

Any chance you may be around that weekend?  I can rustle up two more guys (I think) which makes a room just about FREE!  Whittakers is sweet- one room, four beds, nice place...  All for about 25 bones a night...

Hope all is well...  Thanks for not tearing me a new one about the CnD :)

I am way 'over' that method now- but still get my****handed to me when it comes to Stripers or Chromers...

Looks like I have a lot to learn, yet!

Hope you are great.  If you wanna fish some evening instead- just get in touch.  The fall harvest treated me great, but now I need to get back to Central NY for a restock or something.

I live fall in the Northeast, man!

Keep in touch-

Jimmy
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    RE: Late Season WALLEYE Bash? 2008/11/05 17:36:10 (permalink)
    NJ:

I have only 1 chance of fishing the SR if your interested, it would be 11/11 (vets day) and 11/2 after that i can't fish until dec. I'll be on my property in Oneonta stocking up the freezer. if you want to really target browns I suggest before the end of this month. I'd love to fish walleye sat but have to head to schroon lake and pick up a new hunting pup. Sunday may be possible but during the week is out i won't be home until noon then I need sleep.

C&D, tear you up ? heck no, sometimes people just cant get things no matter how much you explain. C&D was taught to me by some of the most highest profile people on the SR. I used it for years, I used a slinky on a fly pole, it was how I was taught to "fly" fish the river by the same people who wanted to do away with it in the zones now. It works but it gets abused and I understand why the change was made, not only the lining reason by the abusers. ah enough about that $hit.
    If yo can go next thurs give me a call or pm. Hope to see you this weekend, I'll call you.

HookLineSinker
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 322
    RE: Late Season WALLEYE Bash? 2008/11/06 15:20:32 (permalink)
    Jimmy,
       Sorry dude, but I have to flake this weekend. I guess it comes with the territory of being married with children. Hope you kill'em out there.

When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too.
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: Late Season WALLEYE Bash? 2008/11/06 17:08:34 (permalink)
    No worries HLS...

Looks like most everyone is busy, and that is SURELY understandable...

It sounds like ReelForce and I are going to give it a shot on Sunday in between the raindrops...

We'll post a report and some pics if it proves to be a fruitful outing...

Or if Jeff ends up in his underwear in the front yard again :)

Hope all you crazy cats are GREAT...

Expect plenty of invites once the lake 'grows a roof' and we need to bust out the augers again...

Rock on, Fellas!!!

bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: Late Season WALLEYE Bash? 2008/11/07 20:09:41 (permalink)
    Talked to Reelforce today ... I'll be there Sunday morning !!  

Can't stay all day, probably only till noon or so.

New York Yank
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 479
    RE: Late Season WALLEYE Bash? 2008/11/08 02:48:02 (permalink)
    Hey guys... I wish I could fish sunday, but I have stuff do do at home, and I'm leaving sunday late night for the Salmon River. 
     I was wondering if any of you guys could make it out there for monday fishing... dang it looks like I would miss Tuna by a day.  I've got the steelie fever... gotta break my cherry!  RJ showed me some good holes and I'm gonna hit em at dawn.... Altmar and Schoolhouse first.  Anyone off 11/10?? 
    If I can get away maybe I'll have time to stop for a quick beer or two and sample your perch :)    
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    RE: Late Season WALLEYE Bash? 2008/11/08 22:06:40 (permalink)
    just picked up my new bird dog today. something came up and i will not be able to make the bash hope you guys get some nice eyes.
    looking forward to hard water @ Snyders

jkbugger
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 211
    RE: Late Season WALLEYE Bash? 2008/11/09 16:57:03 (permalink)
    What no invite. Just BSing getting hitched in a week and then its off to Oak orchard for 4 days with the boys, hows that for a honeymoon! maybe after the wedding I will have a little more time and will be able to fish.
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: Late Season WALLEYE Bash? 2008/11/09 19:18:42 (permalink)
    Jimmy & Jeff thanks for taking me out this morning, had a good time. Hope you guys found some of those eyes after i left. Hope we can try again before the water gets hard.

I did keep my streak alive by finding those couple smallies (jig in 22' fow) ... probably jinxed myself now LOL !!! But i have boated atleast 1 bass on EVERY trip i took this season :) 

BB
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: Late Season WALLEYE Bash? 2008/11/10 12:22:45 (permalink)
    Hey Bri-

Thanks for coming over!  The 'body count' rose only slightly after you left...

Two Walleye (one small, one decent), Two LMBs (both CRAZY tiny) and Jeff's Bluegill...

I wouldn't call it a bloodbath out there, but at least it was something...

So adding in your Smallies, we at least found most of the gamefish in Snyders on yesterdays outing.  The only species missing were Crappie and Perch...  The Carp and Bullhead don't count in my book- unless I catch one :)

Not the best day ever- but at least it was a day on the water.  We wrapped up our efforts arond 4pm or so, just as a light rain began to fall.  A warm shower and flannel pajamas never felt so good as they did last night watching the Giants game.

Ummm...  I am also happy to see Jay Cutler toss up 450 yards last night, and a 93 yeard TD pass...  The Broncos finally looked like an NFL team again...  For awhile there I was thinking that the Niskayuna JV squad could give them a run for their money.

As Borat would say:   "Verrah' Nice"!!!

It sure beats being a Cowboys fan...  Oh, sorry man...  :)

Hope you guys are all doing good.  I'm pretty open the next few weekends if anyone wants to come over and try their hand at the "Snyders Lake Crapshoot" that is November fishing...  Or head off anywhere else of you wanna'.  Jeff and I were talking about Round Lake one of these days to chase those big ol' Northerns and Tiger Muskies...  The dense weeds should have died back by now...

By the way- all my fish (including the two 'Eyes) came on my normal SPRINGTIME weapon of choice...

1/16th oz leadhead with a watermelon Panfish Assassin...  I think they are pretty **** effective on the 'sholder season' fish as they work their way into the shallows...  Just my $.02

See you guys around!

Jimmy
    post edited by Neversink Jimmy - 2008/11/10 13:14:27

Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: Late Season WALLEYE Bash? 2008/11/10 12:25:22 (permalink)
    Bugger,

Good to see you on here, man!  Much more fun than the stuffy retards on that other board.

You are already invited to the 2nd Annual Snyders Lake Invitational next August during Travers Weekend.

You missed a BENDER this summer at my place. 

Watch out boys- the short-haired hippies are taking over Fish USA!!!

I can count at least FOUR Deadheads on this thread now!

But wait...  Dude...  Where's my car, man?  Like...  Whoa...

Rock on...

Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    RE: Late Season WALLEYE Bash? 2008/11/13 19:41:23 (permalink)
    Jimmy, Sorry I didn't make it over on Sunday!! I was bow hunting the am hunt and seen a nice ten pointer taken and got all Pumped UP, only to miss a nice doe Sunday PM!! Still, I have seen alot of small buck that can't be taken!! Rulz sucks!!! LOL  They call me the SBM!!!! --- Small Buck MAN!!!

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    New York Yank
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 479
    RE: Late Season WALLEYE Bash? 2008/11/14 09:15:14 (permalink)
    Perch thats better than being known as the SDM 
    REEL FORCE
    • Total Posts : 552
    RE: Late Season WALLEYE Bash? 2008/11/14 18:33:21 (permalink)
    Just wanted to say "Thanx Jimmy" for having me over - had a blast as always ! 
    Jump to: