Author
huntrem1
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 11
  • Reward points: 0
2008/10/28 08:06:48 (permalink)

Where to hunt

Hello folks

i do all of my duck hunting in southwest Penn.my buddy al and i want to head north PI or Pyme,,but we don't know where to go..we don't have a dog or a boat..any info would be great. keep wacking and stacking
post edited by huntrem1 - 2008/10/28 08:11:37

3 Replies Related Threads

P.I. Perch
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 41
    RE: Where to hunt 2008/10/28 11:40:56 (permalink)
    If u go to PI, u must hunt out of a blind. U may use any blind that is not being used. If the owner of the bilnd shows up to hunt their blind (does not matter what time of day it is) then u must get out. Try hunting durning the week, some people only hunt sat and u can get a good blind location most days durning the week. I would also tell u to stop by the ranger station (right across from beach #6 heading inbound) there u will find a map of the park and map of duck blinds. Also talk to the rangers, they are there all the time, they will tell u where people have been shooting the birds. Most areas u don't need a boat. Chest waders will be fine. U can walk out to chest level deep water and set your decoys. Most of the bay is a sand botten and is easy to walk. (But do look for holes) Bring lots of decoys. That is some big water and u may need lots of decoys to pull in some birds....... Hope this helps.........Good Luck

What could be better than catching perch...
    huntrem1
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 11
    RE: Where to hunt 2008/10/28 17:53:16 (permalink)
    Thanks for that info..that is a very big help..i never knew there where blinds on Pi..
    thx again
    IUP30
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 376
    RE: Where to hunt 2008/10/29 10:05:06 (permalink)
    Just be careful in PI - there can be some spots with quick drop offs into deeper water in front of some blinds.  If you don't have a dog or a boat, you may be unable to recover a lot of ducks so do a little scouting when you get your map of the blind locations.  Take your waders and a wading stick and see how far out you can get in areas where you're seeing birds.  You'll have a lot more fun when you're set up right.
    Jump to: