Ker-Plunk

Author
smallhook
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 964
  • Reward points: 0
2008/10/19 19:40:47 (permalink)

Ker-Plunk

I just love when you have a hooked big Steelie that jumps out of the water from a deep pool and makes that ker-plunk sound when they drop back in.  It's something you don't here much when fishing for any other species of fish.  Someone was saying that there seems to be less fish this year from years past but it doesn't look that way to me.  It looks like as far as numbers go, this is going to be a good year with a good return.

3 Replies Related Threads

deetz4352
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3549
    RE: Ker-Plunk 2008/10/19 19:51:32 (permalink)
    I agree smallhook i have seen and caught more fish this year to date than previous years. Especially on the east side. Not to mention that the steelies seem to be bigger than average in past years. Ive seen and caught more 10 plus pounders this year already. Going to be a good year. Already caught 3 over 10 pounds and 1 brownie at 6 pounds , which its been 4 years since the last brownie i caught , and ive seen 1 humpy hook and lost at 16 mile. Still have yet to keep one though. All fish so far have been C&R for 2008. Tight lines and good fishin.
    Wally Cat
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1073
    RE: Ker-Plunk 2008/10/19 21:10:11 (permalink)
    The fish are here you just have to work a little harder to find and catch the cooperative ones being we don't have optimum water conditions. Talked to a lot of people that feel there are fewer fish mainly because they haven't caught any. I've been up several times and have landed fish every time, along with my son and my fishing buddy.

Love those silver bullets-biggest one so far was 12 pound-and a beautiful lady she was and hopefully will fight again.

Enjoy Life, Be Happy, Go Fish - Often!

"God has blessed America - may He continue to do so, even though we are not worthy of it".
    Author..... Wally Cat
    steelheadman28
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 393
    RE: Ker-Plunk 2008/10/19 21:12:42 (permalink)
    I was up there today fishing in Erie The water is clear but it does have good flow, I landed my fare share. The steelhead this year do seem bigger but numbers are about usual.
    Jump to: