Suggestions for an RV fishing trip wih dad & son
I am planning to go on a long weekend RV camping and fishing trip with my dad (70) and son (11). Here is what we are looking for.
1) Within about 2 hours (3 hours max) of Doylestown, PA.
2) RV campsite that allows campfires.
3) Trout and / or bass fishing. We are reasonably accomplished trout fishermen, able to prospect trout streams. Most of the trout fishing we do is lures or bait, although I will also bring a fly rod. We are not currently bass fishermen, but heck, we weren't trout fishermen at one time too, so I figure that we can learn. We have ultralight gear, which I assume will be fine having used it to pull in trout up to 21", as well as some older Mitchell spinning reels and fiberglass rods we could bring back into service. I figure that some of the lures work for both, at least from my experience pulling in bass locally while trout fishing using Phoebes and Rapala lures.
4) Would like to try lake fishing, especially if we could rent a row boat or a small motor boat (we own neither). Would like to try for lake trout or bass.
5) Would also be interested in hearing any other suggestions.
So, I am turning to you fine folks for suggstions regarding where to go, whether by name of town, lake, stream, or campsite and even time of year. I figure that this trip will happen sometime in the next 1 to 6 months, depending largly on timing the right conditions to make it enjoyable and productive for all.