Bow noise

Author
jlh42581
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1885
  • Reward points: 0
2008/10/01 08:30:41 (permalink)

Bow noise

First a little story. My post the other day about bow speed had me deep into research about how i can get the most out of my bow. For an IBO rated 315 bow i was in the 250's tops. Well, part of my problem was all the junk on my string. The bow came with bow jacks string silencers. I added a pair of catwiskers, a string loop a peep with tubing. Which all equal speed loss. So the other night i figured id take the cat wiskers off. BIG MISTAKE! The bow went from being semi quiet to a loud THUNK on release. Then i realized not only was the tube peep slowing my bow, it was making noise too.

I cant have this. Last night me and Esox_Hunter headed back to the archery shop. I asked for a new peep, remove the bow jax and give me catwiskers back. While standing there we go to talking about a STS(String Terminator Supressor) and if they thought it would make a big difference. Their reply..."Well Hoyt seems to think they do something"(With a big smile). So i grab the Fuse one they had and had them mount it up. They also served my string where it hits to prevent wear.

I step up and take a shot, my ten pin has now become my 10-20+ to me thats an outstanding speed gain. The bow itself is so much more quiet. We were shooting indoors and the bow sounds like a totally different one. I havent had time to shoot it outside, tonight i will. I can say one thing, those things help a million times over. Worth the money for sure and tube style peeps are JUNK.

Clarence Archery in Snow Shoe has their game together. You wont find any better service. They are the only people i care to ever work on my bow. Ive been a customer for almost ten years and when that day comes i decide i want a top end bow. They will get the sale.
post edited by jlh42581 - 2008/10/01 08:33:10

3 Replies Related Threads

SilverKype
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3842
    RE: Bow noise 2008/10/01 08:43:00 (permalink)
    Not that speed really matters to me (it's fast enough), but I do have a string stop and no whiskers, silencers, etc..  String stops are far superior to any other silence product.

My reports and advice are for everyone to enjoy, not just the paying customers.
    jlh42581
    Pro Angler
    RE: Bow noise 2008/10/01 08:52:04 (permalink)
    jlh42581
    Pro Angler
    RE: Bow noise 2008/10/01 08:52:59 (permalink)
    I agree, they do more for you then anything else. John, you dont understand this bow was not quick! Its quick now
    Jump to: