A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com.

Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Author
MackJ
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 522
  • Reward points: 0
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/21 16:18:36 (permalink)
Well, when I fish it is usually on the weekends or holidays, so I have a good bit of experience with crowds.  I think that the difference in perception between someone who fishes the tribs occasionally and someone who fishes the tribs more regularly is those of a more regular habit have learned to avoid crowds and are more sensitive to a few extra anglers in the area they are fishing.  I would bet you would have found conditions crowded the last time I was there, but I can tell you that it was a pleasure to have nearly 20 yards between myself and the next angler. 
urallhomos
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 7
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/21 21:34:00 (permalink)
Too little, too late, you destroyed your steelhead fishery many years ago.
ShutUpNFish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3834
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/21 22:00:21 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: urallhomos

Destroyed the fishery?  You must be from Ohio....just give it time, you'll be in the same boat soon dude.  Besides, I enjoy steelhead fishing when it is, in my opinion, the best and thats when its cold!  I rarely have many to contend with then and love every bit of it....Destroyed????  Where else in the world can you go and catch 30 steelhead in a day?  Last year, I had had at least 10 30 fish days....If you consider that destroyed, then don't fish it and stay home.  I bet your next response will be MUTS, we catch nothing but muts right...whatever dude...I'm catching steel and loving it!  Say what you want and stay where you are, but don't you knock this fishery and be caught joining in the fun, because you know you have!  The sport, in recent years, has grown in popularity for various reasons.  However, the fishery keeps getting better....the key is that we educate newcomers about respecting the fishery and preserving it rather than being ignorant towards it which traditional mentalities were known to have ruined things.  Maybe I'll see you on the Grande someday!!

Mr.Slickfish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4528
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/22 06:44:36 (permalink)
I have to agree with ShutUpNFish (his post and especially the screenname). I have fished fresh water in 48 of 50 states. You won't find many places that have it as good as we do in PA. Is it a bit crowded at times, yes........with fisherman AND fish.....I can live with that. I love ERIE!

I don't always snag fish, but when I do...
I choose Little Cleos

I'm the best looking smartest snagging poacher alive...
dakotab
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 358
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/22 12:50:23 (permalink)

Who's "your"?  I paid just as much for my license so it's our steelhead fishery, period.  Spot burning......what a stupid thing for selfish little ****es to whine about.
seejib
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 268
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/22 13:31:00 (permalink)
I can't wait for deer season to hit full tilt. By then there will be less crowds and we will have seen some good rains and good runs.
urallhomos
New Angler
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/22 17:48:21 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: ShutUpNFish

Destroyed the fishery?  You must be from Ohio....just give it time, you'll be in the same boat soon dude.  Besides, I enjoy steelhead fishing when it is, in my opinion, the best and thats when its cold!  I rarely have many to contend with then and love every bit of it....Destroyed????  Where else in the world can you go and catch 30 steelhead in a day?  Last year, I had had at least 10 30 fish days....If you consider that destroyed, then don't fish it and stay home.  I bet your next response will be MUTS, we catch nothing but muts right...whatever dude...I'm catching steel and loving it!  Say what you want and stay where you are, but don't you knock this fishery and be caught joining in the fun, because you know you have!  The sport, in recent years, has grown in popularity for various reasons.  However, the fishery keeps getting better....the key is that we educate newcomers about respecting the fishery and preserving it rather than being ignorant towards it which traditional mentalities were known to have ruined things.  Maybe I'll see you on the Grande someday!!

I don't live in Ohio and from what I've heard and read, every year more and more property is posted. I don't see the enjoyment catching fish from a pool about the size of a bath tub with 30 people fishing around it. I rather fish Michigan, Northern Ontario and Ohio. Have fun at the kiddie trout pool
urallhomos
New Angler
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/22 17:50:11 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: anadromous

Troll...

Just speaking the truth, sorry if you can't handle it.
ShutUpNFish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3834
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/22 21:28:39 (permalink)
If it is the truth, then please explain to me how you feel the fishery has been "destroyed".  Is it because many people travel from all over to enjoy it?  You speak of land being posted, but new land has also been acquired by the state recently as well.  I think you'll have that, either way, anywhere you go.  Finally, I can honestly say that yes, sometimes fishing can get crowded in PA.  Especially in the fall, but I have yet gone fishing and was unable to fish because there was not enough room or another place I could get to in order to catch steel.  This comes from the experience of not relying on only one honey-hole to catch fish.  Bottom line is that I haven't had any trouble getting into fish and I have had a lot of fun in my little bath tub and even met a lot of cool people along the way.  Maybe its because I don't have a stick up my **** all the time and I'm open minded about others enjoying exactly what I'm there for as well.  As a matter of fact, I think I'll bring my little rubber ducky along when I go fishing this weekend!!

Dream Catcher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1567
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/23 11:08:44 (permalink)
Urail homos? ,
                     R u RElAtivEE tWWo LiiCkoNe 4 mEEE?

Good policy thanks for providing this site Dan / fishusa crew. I've met some true sportsman on here and appreciate your motives for improving , promoting , and keeping our fishery alive .
BASS ACKWARDS
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 118
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/23 12:28:20 (permalink)
Stupid question - What if you are the landowner ? Would you still be banned from posting a report or location on your own private property ? I know it sounds silly. Anyone have a answer ?
pxatim
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4786
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/23 12:45:52 (permalink)
Why would you want to post your own land on a msg board anyways?
MackJ
Expert Angler
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/23 13:55:32 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: pxatim

The obvious answer would be to let others know how well or poorly you did there.  Believe it or not, if you polled the private landowners who permit fishing and ask them whether their "invitation" extends to any well-behaved angler who wishes to fish along their frontage, a large majority would answer  "yes."  Most of these landowners open their land willingly out of generosity toward other persons.  Just like many of you make statements about how much you enjoy seeing other anglers have a good time, so do many of these landowners.  They see no reason to deprive law-abiding, respectful anglers, of an opportunity to fish the tributaries that run along or through their land.  But pay no attention to me, because I "just don't get it."
pxatim
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4786
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/23 14:09:22 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: MackJ

The obvious answer would be to let others know how well or poorly you did there.  Believe it or not, if you polled the private landowners who permit fishing and ask them whether their "invitation" extends to any well-behaved angler who wishes to fish along their frontage, a large majority would answer  "yes."  Most of these landowners open their land willingly out of generosity toward other persons.  Just like many of you make statements about how much you enjoy seeing other anglers have a good time, so do many of these landowners.  They see no reason to deprive law-abiding, respectful anglers, of an opportunity to fish the tributaries that run along or through their land.  But pay no attention to me, because I "just don't get it."

And yet... the only Landowner posts I've seen on this board in the past 5 years are for information about their land to be removed.
D-nymph
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6701
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/23 14:25:18 (permalink)

Since you've repeatedly stated you're no fan of anecdotal evidence, you should back your words up and take that poll.  Go door to door, or call on the phone.  Please post the results.
MackJ
Expert Angler
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/23 14:41:42 (permalink)
I offered nothing in the way of "anecdotal evidence" nor was I pretending to offer proof of anything.  I made a statement of belief and said you were welcome to "believe it or not."  I also knew in advance who would NOT believe it and would likely protest against it.  If I were a landowner along the Erie tribs, opening my land to anglers, I would be offended by how some of you attempt to "defend" me by making me seem like a petty, stingy person who only wants a select few anglers and their choice friends to share in the gift I have made to the general angling public.
D-nymph
Pro Angler
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/23 14:52:14 (permalink)

I offered nothing in the way of "anecdotal evidence" nor was I pretending to offer proof of anything.  I made a statement of belief and said you were welcome to "believe it or not."  I also knew in advance who would NOT believe it and would likely protest against it.  If I were a landowner along the Erie tribs, opening my land to anglers, I would be offended by how some of you attempt to "defend" me by making me seem like a petty, stingy person who only wants a select few anglers and their choice friends to share in the gift I have made to the general angling public.

So, are you going to take the landowner poll or not?

just curious.
MackJ
Expert Angler
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/23 15:00:45 (permalink)
Oh, you're "just curious?"  Well, I wouldn't want you to lose any sleep over it.  I'll think about it over the next 6 months and get back to you.  On the other hand, if you decide to conduct a survey sooner, let us know as well.  Make sure you check with private landowners like the American Legion, Mercyhurst College, Folly's End campground, ....
D-nymph
Pro Angler
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/23 15:02:57 (permalink)
If I decide to do that I'll let you know.

I talk to Jim at Folly's often.  Thanks.
MackJ
Expert Angler
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/23 16:04:29 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: D-nymph
I talk to Jim at Folly's often.

I bet you do.
dano
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2982
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/23 18:59:24 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Mack
....ask them whether their "invitation" extends to any well-behaved angler who wishes to fish along their frontage, a large majority would answer  "yes."  .....

Then, also, don't forget to mention the poorly behaved disrespecting type fishermen who are sure to follow. They read the reports, too.
It only takes one to ruin it for all.

Gone Fishing
Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Jump to: