A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com.

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 2 of 5
Author
Wally Cat
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1073
  • Reward points: 0
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/09/30 18:57:03 (permalink)

Pray for rain and if we get it, we'll all feel better.

Enjoy Life, Be Happy, Go Fish - Often!

"God has blessed America - may He continue to do so, even though we are not worthy of it".
Author..... Wally Cat
GadaboutGaddus
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 131
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/09/30 21:26:17 (permalink)
Well it is a real shame that it has come to this! We have to have rules to have rules. Specific information has been an issue for some time now. Twenty five years ago no one had to worry about the masses because there weren't a lot of people fishing the trips. That has all changed though. Now if you are not on the water before day break in some cases, you will have a hard time finding good quality water to fish. With more people come more problems and or issues. Society is no different. I am in favor of not giving specific spots that are fished! When they are given go to Erie the next day and see how many people have decended on that one spot. Once the fish spread out there is all kind of room to fish. We as fisherman must be willing at times to work to find these fish. That is part of the sport. No one said that fishing was going to be easy! Just everyone take a deep breath and enjoy. There are more serious problems that need our attention. Enjoy nature and be happy we can all move around freely!

May your fly rod always be bent!
kyler16
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2396
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/09/30 21:41:25 (permalink)
Now if you are not on the water before day break in some cases, you will have a hard time finding good quality water to fish

Thats about as far off as you can be. Ive gotten there around noonish and have parked got my equipment ready and began to walk to my normal spots that Ive seen 2 different people fishing in my 3 years of fishing the tribs.

I think its harder for people to get the idea that if no ones fishing that certain spot then their must not be any fish there.

Again the word WALK should be reminded to some people.

"If you kill it, eat it. If you eat it, cook it right."
-Steve Rinella
indsguiz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6351
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/09/30 23:28:46 (permalink)
Kyler,
    I like your last posting.  That's how most of us found the spots we did before the internet.  We walked, we asked polite questions, we shared information and we semi treated each other with respect.  I'm all for the new rules.  But mike, are we still allowed sideways, snide, inferences.  Or cleverly, concealed, circuitous, conundrums.  Or must we only post fabulously, fleicitious, platitudes.  I don't know if i'm puzzled, perplexed, peeved or placated.

Illegitimis Non carborundum
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/01 07:37:00 (permalink)
post edited by bingsbaits - 2008/10/01 12:23:38

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

D-nymph
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6701
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/01 09:53:13 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: MackJ

A bad decision.  Allowing mention of public fishing spots to the exclusion of spots on private property that is open to the public by landowner permission will "increase angler traffic" on the public locations.  What a shame that FishUSA caved in to all the whiners.

That's funny stuff right there.

Bad decision, in your opinion, because you disagree.  Obviously your opinion of the site's ownership has been proven wrong.

Good decision Fish USA!
MackJ
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 522
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/01 10:33:13 (permalink)
Well, my opinion of the site's ownership has certainly been lowered to see them cave in to you whiners, that is for certain.  The "rule" is unclear, wrong-headed and will be conterproductive in that it will increase crowding on public property.  Additionally, I suspect that the person in authority made the decision after having been presented only with the arguments, if you can call them that, of those who cry every time their favorite fishing locations get a bit of publicity.
go-n-fishn
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 225
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/01 10:34:42 (permalink)
Isn't it funny the only rule that's getting pounded is SPOT BURNING . At first I thought it was great when people were talking about this spot and that spot, I thought  man this is great I don't have to do any scouting its all posted right here. Then I saw what was happing posted signs going up, trash all over the place, had to get there at 5:00 am to get a spot to stand. Then I got out the old thing called a map and started exploring different areas, put on the fanny pack with food and water then took off for the day.  It was amazing and for awhile I was finding spots with lots of fish and few anglers. Yes it wasn't long before others started doing the same thing, but one thing we had in common we got off our lazy butts and looked for different areas to fish. We found out we didn't need to depend on this thing called the internet.

There will be days when fishing is better than ones optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.
**Roderick Haig-Brown
SilverKype
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3842
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/01 10:45:09 (permalink)

Give it up.  Don't let the door hit you in  butt on the way out.  Not more spoonfeeding for  and your 6 hour drive. 

Do it how the rest of us did.  Not .

My reports and advice are for everyone to enjoy, not just the paying customers.
pxatim
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4786
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/01 10:54:45 (permalink)
When I started fishing in Erie for steelhead I didn't know about this site. I didn't even know about the reports page. I still found places to fish... I still caught fish. I explored it on my own and put some miles in even if I didn't know if the creeks were fishable when I got there. Yes I still had a 3 hour drive.

Anyone that is against this and can't see the logic it is just down right lazy. And that's all it comes down to. People on here hide behind screen names don't let up any personal information and it's unkown if they even live in PA let alone fish in Erie. But still feel the need to list specific spots on whatever body of water they deem acceptable.
Stillhead
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1887
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/01 11:12:57 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: bingsbaits

When this thread started you made the no spot burning rule your main focus..Why is that rule more important??

That rule was important at the start of this thread because it is the ONLY NEW RULE.   A couple seem confused, but those other rules have ALWAYS been the rules,  everyone should have read them when they registered for a username on this site.

The new policy is fantastic.

I can guarantee you that my reasons for thinking so have nothing to do with keeping you out of my spot.  To be quite honest, I could care less to fish most of the privately owned property on our streams. I do fish them on occassion, but I'd much rather fish Elk access where the water is bigger and the fish are fresh and full of fight, than the ******** hole way up the creek.  I already caught all those old moldy fish when they were silver and full of fight at the access dudes. You can have them.
PAFISHERMAN1981
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 384
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/01 11:24:29 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Stillhead

ORIGINAL: bingsbaits

When this thread started you made the no spot burning rule your main focus..Why is that rule more important??

That rule was important at the start of this thread because it is the ONLY NEW RULE.   A couple seem confused, but those other rules have ALWAYS been the rules,  everyone should have read them when they registered for a username on this site.

The new policy is fantastic.

I can guarantee you that my reasons for thinking so have nothing to do with keeping you out of my spot.  To be quite honest, I could care less to fish most of the privately owned property on our streams. I do fish them on occassion, but I'd much rather fish Elk access where the water is bigger and the fish are fresh and full of fight, than the ******** hole way up the creek.  I already caught all those old moldy fish when they were silver and full of fight at the access dudes. You can have them.

I aggree Still - well said...... I dont really have any interest in new spots... I will catch my 10 to 15 in a day and be happy..... Heck I catch one and I am happy with that , well worth the 3 hr trip.... Matter of fact I love taking new people up with me. I have just as much fun watching them catching steelies as me catching steelies... So glad the seasons back - hopefully see you on the streams........
D-nymph
Pro Angler
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/01 11:29:46 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: MackJ

Well, my opinion of the site's ownership has certainly been lowered to see them cave in to you whiners, that is for certain.  The "rule" is unclear, wrong-headed and will be conterproductive in that it will increase crowding on public property.  Additionally, I suspect that the person in authority made the decision after having been presented only with the arguments, if you can call them that, of those who cry every time their favorite fishing locations get a bit of publicity.

Hillarious!

brown trout
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 129
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/01 11:40:55 (permalink)
Great news, thank you to the board moderators. As someone said, if you don't like this, you are just plain LAZY.
PAFISHERMAN1981
Expert Angler
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/01 11:51:35 (permalink)
Can everyone just drop it! "It is what it is I guess" take it or leave it.... I am new to the forums and only been going to erie for like 8 years. So I will find my fish(like I always do)and be happy to get out to enjoy the beautiful day god has created and blessed all of us with. Even if I dont catch a fish! Its good to be out in the great outdoors....
Texcobb99
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 451
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/01 12:23:49 (permalink)
I like it!

The new rules are only common sense and common courtesy really.  If we all would post comments as if we were standing infront of the person, the offensive problems would take care of themselves.  If you talk any other way to people shame on you.

The spot burning rules I like as well.  The comments should be limited to the creek name and "upper" "Lower"..that's it.

Thanks Mike!

cooljauman
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1633
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/01 12:43:24 (permalink)

even tho i like this new rule

i am sure that ppl will do it just to spite it...

If the world needed and enema, they'd put the tube in Philadelphia. Go Pens!

Evgeni Malkin: I'M SCORE

S.D.S.G.F.C.
pxatim
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4786
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/01 12:50:55 (permalink)
I'm sure they will.. till a mod see's it or is notified of it. Then it will be deleted.
fisherofmen376
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2215
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/01 20:16:11 (permalink)
It's amazing how up in arms we get over a fish...a FISH people!   I know I know, it's deeper than that, it's about protecting people's private property, honoring and respecting their kindness that they even let us fish on their land instead of posting it, etc etc.  I am very thankful for them letting people fish there. 
But seriously, come on guys, we're talking about fishing here. 

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."
Matthew 4:19
Big Fathead
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 915
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/01 21:54:01 (permalink)
I don't follow the stream fisherman reports BUT it seems like a idea not putting the specific information on private property hot spots. I would imagine it could get frustrating as a landowner to deal with a bunch of nuts parking in their grass, crapping in their back yards, throwing trash around and so fourth. After the post about walnut and the people picking on the big guy in the creek I lost all respect for this website until Mike posted he knew the guy and brought it to everyones attention who he was and what he was about. I'm guilty of starting a little trouble but nothing serious. It's great to see that rules are going to be enforced. I know its impossible to catch everything but in one of the earlier post someone actually went out of there way to mispell vulger language!

I agree 100% that things needed cleaned up on this site! I appreciate evrything Fish USA does and this is a great site!

Captain Wayne
Hawg Wild Charters
vinestbrew
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 418
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/01 22:43:33 (permalink)
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
chrisx2828
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 9
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/02 02:54:59 (permalink)
Ok ok back to the good stuff, fishing!  Here are some pics of the current fishing conditions, from lower nut and elk to 8-20 mile.  Here is a link of the photos as of today....

http://www.noisekillers.com/tribs.html
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/02 05:58:18 (permalink)
Gotta apologize to you guys for poisoning this thread...

I have always viewed the spot burning issue as no more than a selfish and greedy attempt by people to keep the fish to themselves...So when it came up in the rules it set me off and I started running my mouth....

I was wrong....Sometimes it takes a while for things to make their way through my thick skull..lol. Mike PMed me and maybe that was  what finally made me see past my own bitterness(its the hordes of fisherman today that changed the fishing as I used to know it.) and that most of you are concerned about the resource more than your own private fishing hole...

And we can't send hordes of fishermen to some of these smaller private property areas as there will be slobs among us and we will loose even more access. Which in turn will crowd us up even more.

I also think the Admin and the Mods do an outstanding job here giving us a place to BS about life. Sometimes a couple hundred opinionated 50 year olds could be tough to keep a lid on....lol..Tight lines to all...Bing

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

PAFISHERMAN1981
Expert Angler
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/02 09:39:08 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: chrisx2828

Ok ok back to the good stuff, fishing!  Here are some pics of the current fishing conditions, from lower nut and elk to 8-20 mile.  Here is a link of the photos as of today....

http://www.noisekillers.com/tribs.html
good pix Chris
PAFISHERMAN1981
Expert Angler
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/02 11:56:29 (permalink)
C&R - So much fun to catch!!! Love the steelies, Hooked for life!!!
carpin05
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 830
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/02 17:01:58 (permalink)

the funny thing is i dont and never have keeped any steel!!!!  LOL
Spot burning goes on and on no matter how hard we try...
Just look at the wall,word travels fast,
(I caught 2 at the end of the wall)... is that spot burning?????
Hell no, because most of you cant give a rats****about the (MUPPERS) on that wall......
GOOD FOR ONE NOT GOOD FOR THE MUPPER......RIGHT????
BUNCH OF **** HIPOCRETS!!!!!!
D-nymph
Pro Angler
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/02 17:14:09 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: carpin05

the funny thing is i dont and never have keeped any steel!!!!  LOL
Spot burning goes on and on no matter how hard we try...
Just look at the wall,word travels fast,
(I caught 2 at the end of the wall)... is that spot burning?????
Hell no, because most of you cant give a rats****about the (MUPPERS) on that wall......
GOOD FOR ONE NOT GOOD FOR THE MUPPER......RIGHT????
BUNCH OF **** HIPOCRETS!!!!!!

I'm a mupere who's anti-spot burning.

Explain that?
MackJ
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 522
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/02 17:30:46 (permalink)
I think the explanation is that you know the lesser known spots and would prefer that others not learn about them.  I think when the prior poster used the term "MUPPER," he had in mind the casual tourist that thinks that the only place steelhead can be caught is in the first 1/4 mile or so of Elk and Walnut.
FiveMilePete
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1131
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/16 21:54:55 (permalink)
Don't these rules apply to reports, e.g. the report on 7 mile creek, which
is private property, and has very little fishable area? BTW, the guy that posted the report was probably the same bozo who parked the wrong way
in the parking area, and in front of the mail boxes. I saw this as I drove by, since there were two vehicles there. Plenty of space, but someone
still parked in front of the mailboxes.
chrisrowboat
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 688
RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/10/16 23:38:21 (permalink)
Any integrity?
http://www.fishusa.com/FishErie/Reports.asp
post edited by chrisrowboat - 2008/10/16 23:41:29
Page: < 12345 > Showing page 2 of 5
Jump to: