A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com.

Page: 12345 > Showing page 1 of 5
Author
mikeg
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2533
  • Reward points: 0
2008/09/29 20:44:26 (permalink)

A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com.

Policies / Register / Login / Search Issues

FishUSA.com Forums Acceptable Use Policies
It is the policy of FishUSA.com that the discussion boards and fishing reports should be enjoyable and appropriate for all. We use the "young viewer" standard - if a post is not appropriately viewed by a younger user, then it is not appropriate here and is subject to being edited or deleted. The following are the standards by which we judge the appropriateness of posts and the rules we will apply:
  • Disagreeing with the views of others is fine. However, name-calling and personal attacks on others is not acceptable.
  • Use of profanity is prohibited.
  • Advocating or encouraging illegal or unethical fishing practices is prohibited.
  • Mentioning specific fishing locations on private property which may cause increases in angler traffic (a/k/a "spot burning") is prohibited.
  • Posts which contain lewd or vulgar content are prohibited.
  • Posts which are disparaging of others based on their race, gender, age, religion, national origin or physical handicap or disability are prohibited.
  • Use of the board to advertise or promote the commercial sale of goods or services is prohibited.
  • Use of the board to promote other commercial web sites or tackle shops, or web sites or tackle shops which compete with the FishUSA.com, FishErie.com or FishSalmonRiver.com web sites is prohibited.

Example of spot burning....

"A bunch of us caught a 100 fish at the _______ (spot owned by somebody nice enough to alow us to fish there)hole and there are still about 250 fish in that spot! Here's some detail directions to get there."

Example of a good post with no "spot burning"...

"A bunch of us caught a 100 fish in middle walnut and the water conditions were excellent!"

Spot burning sends a bunch of anglers to ONE area that often results in overcrowding and a Peed off landowner!
post edited by mikeg - 2008/10/02 17:28:05

140 Replies Related Threads

chrisrowboat
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 688
    RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/09/29 20:49:05 (permalink)
    100% support!
    Thank you.
    Chris
    tippy-toe
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4334
    RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/09/29 20:51:47 (permalink)
    Haleluia... People will still not understand why you should not mention specifics over the internet... private property or not.
    post edited by tippy-toe - 2008/09/29 20:53:06

I have the right to remain silent.....I just don't have the ability
    mikeg
    Pro Angler
    RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/09/29 22:15:30 (permalink)
    That's why the policy was written!
    At this point they won't have to understand, but rather just follow the rules!

Thanks for everyones help in this matter!

kyler16
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2396
    RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/09/29 22:32:54 (permalink)
    Public waters where the STATE STOCKS isnt a big deal to me if someone says something like the access or tail waters or a specific bridge in a town isnt necessarily "spot burning" since everyone and his brother prolly fish those spots since its right be a parking spot.

But specific spots thats on rivers where its community stocked or local fisherman pay their own money so there is a fishing spot for year round fishing  is in my mind the biggest offence one can do. (yes this comming from an offender of some acceptable use policies who has reformed aka grown up alot in the past months)

I like the new rules.  

"If you kill it, eat it. If you eat it, cook it right."
    -Steve Rinella
    Loomis
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2672
    RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/09/29 22:44:04 (permalink)
    FINALLY!!!!!!!!!! MY DREAM HAS TRULY COME TRUE!  THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT OF THIS NOW WE CAN GET ON WITH DECENT CONVERSATIONS (AKA "DISCUSSIONS" FOR THOSE WHO FORGOT)

MIKEG U DA MAN
    post edited by Loomis - 2008/09/29 22:45:47
    genieman77
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2534
    RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/09/29 23:21:02 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: kyler16

Public waters where the STATE STOCKS isnt a big deal to me if someone says something like the access or tail waters or a specific bridge in a town isnt necessarily "spot burning" since everyone and his brother prolly fish those spots since its right be a parking spot.

duud, what do you call it, if that AIN'T spot burning????

Conrail tubes, Whitmans bridge, Platts rd, Sterritaina pipe line, Rick rd, Mckean hole, those are ALL spot burning and all private property .
    Just cause folks fish there and have forever, doesn't mean diddly.
    Cause, No everyone doesn't fish those spots.
    Some are TOO DARN LAZY to go look til some chowderhead says

"caught a bazzilon fish at the old bridge abutment  at Steritaina"

next morning, the folks that live there can't get out of their drive or get their mail because of all the yo-yos piling on to the place.

The guys that fish regular and often, see it happen every year.
    It's the duuds that make 2, 3, 7 trips a year  argue it doesn't happen and isn't a problem.
    I'm sure they're well meaning, just IGNORANT of the facts

..L.T.A.
    kyler16
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2396
    RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/09/29 23:28:58 (permalink)
    i see what you mean with that i never got to look at it from a local stand point. 

"If you kill it, eat it. If you eat it, cook it right."
    -Steve Rinella
    pghmarty
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5951
    RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/09/30 01:30:55 (permalink)
    Kinzua Dam is low and now the fish are crowded in a smaller area

Now everyone run there-The area needs the tourism

All of the reservoir and Allegheny Forest is some of the most under used public water and land around.

Avery bay has fish and deep water in the middle has a few also

bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5026
    RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/09/30 05:42:08 (permalink)
    good rule...
    post edited by bingsbaits - 2008/10/01 12:21:26

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

griffon
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1104
    RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/09/30 07:03:03 (permalink)
    Thank You FishUSA, I am in support of this 100%. 
    MackJ
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 522
    RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/09/30 07:24:25 (permalink)
    A bad decision.  Allowing mention of public fishing spots to the exclusion of spots on private property that is open to the public by landowner permission will "increase angler traffic" on the public locations.  What a shame that FishUSA caved in to all the whiners.
    griffon
    Pro Angler
    RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/09/30 07:32:26 (permalink)
    What a shame someone finally took a flyswatter and used it on you.  if you don't like the rule, go be a pest on another website that will tolerate your behavior.
    post edited by griffon - 2008/09/30 08:42:47
    Loomis
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2672
    RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/09/30 07:57:45 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: bingsbaits

Man you guys will do any thing to stop others from finding out about your precious stocked trout..

Got Darn Right
    pxatim
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4786
    RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/09/30 08:15:24 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: MackJ

A bad decision.  Allowing mention of public fishing spots to the exclusion of spots on private property that is open to the public by landowner permission will "increase angler traffic" on the public locations.  What a shame that FishUSA caved in to all the whiners.

What a shame you can't see the logic in this. Believe me no one's forcing you to log on and post every day.

This is great news...THANK YOU FISH USA!!!!
    John 316
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 308
    RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/09/30 08:17:09 (permalink)
    Griffon,

You just broke the first new rule.  No attacks on others.  You have been banned.  Bye-Bye. 
    griffon
    Pro Angler
    RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/09/30 08:29:54 (permalink)
    post edited by griffon - 2008/09/30 08:39:06
    Bughawk
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3247
    RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/09/30 08:36:18 (permalink)
    Can't we all just get along???

pax vobiscum +
    John 316
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 308
    RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/09/30 08:37:53 (permalink)
    Griff.  just messin with ya.  lighten up.  Everyones so on edge here lately.  That time of the month?? 

griffon
    Pro Angler
    RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/09/30 08:41:30 (permalink)
    John, no problem...  I really need to go fishing...
    KJH807
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4863
    RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/09/30 09:19:23 (permalink)
    FUCH YEAH!
    mikeg
    Pro Angler
    RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/09/30 09:29:24 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: bingsbaits

Man you guys will do any thing to stop others from finding out about your precious stocked trout.. Good rule though , lets hope it gets enforced across the board and not just selectively to stop some spot burning...

Disagreeing with the views of others is fine. However, name-calling and personal attacks on others is not acceptable. You let this go on every day,,,

Use of profanity is prohibited. Happens every day...

Posts which contain lewd or vulgar content are prohibited. Have never seen any of these removed in the past...

Why are we selective in how these rules are enforced ?..Rules are rules...

Some of you people worry to much about the masses and hordes ruining your secret spot...

Under your rules no spot burnibg on private ground.. How about public waters???

Soory fellas you can't stop the internet..And if some are so concerned about private land being overrun then mabee you shouldn't post on here at all as all the info you give contributes to the mess...

I personally hate combat fishing so most of the battlezones are off limits to me...Just like those nice pictures from the nut.

By the way how many of you non spot burners made fun of that large fello in the picture?? Accorging to the rules thats a no .no

Well, with out everyone's help I can't read every single post written. But what you don't see is the post that don't make it a minute with out being edited or deleted. So if you think I am "selective" I'm sorry you feel that way. But I can only moderate the things I read and I do have a real job and family that requires my time as well..lol

SO please, if you see something that goes against the rules just send me a PM and I will address it immediatly!!

Thanks again gentleman!

-Mike
    bowmandjk
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 151
    RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/09/30 10:00:08 (permalink)
    mike i dont envy your job but you are a least doing it

any day of fishing is a gift
    seejib
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 268
    RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/09/30 10:29:04 (permalink)
    Wow! Life is a box of chocolates and then you get slapped for letting out secrets?  This is the way I look at it and it only a opinion on this, if its not posted I'm going to talk about the conditions and my day without giving a exact location. Lets face it if its not posted most likely others already know.

And thats all I have to say about that.
    PAFISHERMAN1981
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 384
    RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/09/30 11:31:14 (permalink)
    I am new to the forums and I like the rules... Mike, I think you do a great job. ( I was a moderator on a forum and it can be tuff at times) You're never going to please everyone. And I have been gilty on probably every one of those items on the list but now that I know, we are good to go!

Keep up the good work!
    elephanthead
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1057
    RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/09/30 15:15:22 (permalink)
    Mike, looks like you're gonna have to quit your day job to patrol the web. You've done a good job since takin over (shameless suck up). See ya south of the bridge later in the year.   YOU KNOW WHAT BRIDGE !!!   Dave
    Johnny_Johnson
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 479
    RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/09/30 15:49:43 (permalink)
    I totally understand if people don't want private spots mentioned on the site.  I wouldn't want a million people in my fav. trout spot either.

However, this crap on the reports page where you can't say "trout run," is ridiculous.  If it's gonna come to that you might as well make it a private forum.
    mikeg
    Pro Angler
    RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/09/30 15:52:42 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: elephanthead

Mike, looks like you're gonna have to quit your day job to patrol the web. You've done a good job since takin over (shameless suck up). See ya south of the bridge later in the year.   YOU KNOW WHAT BRIDGE !!!   Dave

I've been catching a TON of fish at that bridge they call ***DELETD BY MANAGEMENT**! I can't wait till you can fish at the ***DELETED BY MANAGMENT**!!  lol

Ya when I see you the only differance is that I'll still be working 80 hours a week and you'll be retired!
    mikeg
    Pro Angler
    RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/09/30 15:54:55 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Johnny_Johnson

I totally understand if people don't want private spots mentioned on the site.  I wouldn't want a million people in my fav. trout spot either.

However, this crap on the reports page where you can't say "trout run," is ridiculous.  If it's gonna come to that you might as well make it a private forum.

That isn't considered spot burning because it's (trout run) is not Private property.

post edited by mikeg - 2008/09/30 15:56:00
    carpin05
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 830
    RE: A new policy that will be enforced on Fisherie.com. 2008/09/30 18:40:56 (permalink)
    NO!!!!! WE CAN NOT GET ALONG WHEN A BUNCH OF LUNKHEADS ARE WORRIED ABOUT A BUNCH OF STOCKED FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROPE'EM & SMOKE'EM
    Page: 12345 > Showing page 1 of 5
    Jump to: