Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream....

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 6
Author
SilverKype
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3842
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/23 14:09:57 (permalink)
...ask him where that fish crap goes from the pellet-fed trout AND what it does to the native populations..

See if he'll answer those questions.

Go step in the upper Harvet section of Spruce K .. and ask yourself WHY the bottom is so slippy and hatches are almost now non-existant.

I'll stop for now.

My reports and advice are for everyone to enjoy, not just the paying customers.
SilverKype
Pro Angler
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/23 14:11:05 (permalink)
na... I won't.  ask why he's putting rebar in the J.

T.T.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1656
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/23 14:12:36 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: kyler16

heres another question....if you owned land... the corps took it away because it offered more money and power to the area and the money they gave u wasnt even equal the the taxes you paid on it... how would u feel... oh wait you dont have money to know. Im sure your comfortable but not able to lease and buy what ever you want....look at it as open minded as you can... do you know beaver personally... no you only know him from what you read and hear about him. I hated him from what I heard about him on here, in books and on the streams. The man is coming to my going away party and we just met 1 time and talked on the phone another hes coming to talk to people who really dont like him because I asked him to.

Im open minded I dont look at what hes doing as a bad thing... I look at it as I did with the Doberman hole on elk creek at first I was ****ed.... but pretty soon both sides of that spot will be closed cuz some people cant read... but I got to know the guy and he was only being smart about it.... but how dare I say donny beaver is being smart instead of greedy.

wow youve seen 2 streams recently.... fish the yough, fish laural hill, fish the bens creek, fish yellow creek, and fish the quemahoning dam all places Ive fished in the past month and Ive filled 3 garbage bags... would of been more but tires dont fit.  and garbage bags dont clean up sewage. how do u defend that?

You've got stars in your eyes.  He's famous, in a small way, and you're smitten.  No harm in that, I guess.   You can have him all to yourself. 
spoonchucker
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8561
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/23 14:14:32 (permalink)
He's trying to breed Steelheads?

ORIGINAL: SilverKype

na... I won't.  ask why he's putting rebar in the J.

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
SilverKype
Pro Angler
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/23 14:15:11 (permalink)
...and why nigrates levels are 40% higher in the J where Spruce enters compared to above where it enters...

SilverKype
Pro Angler
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/23 14:15:38 (permalink)
LOL spoon.

SilverKype
Pro Angler
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/23 14:16:18 (permalink)

...and why nigrate (that's poop Kyler .. that kills wild trout and what they eat Kyler) 
post edited by SilverKype - 2007/05/23 14:22:45

Skip16503
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4028
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/23 14:17:50 (permalink)
LOL  Don't hold back Jon PLease 

SilverKype
Pro Angler
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/23 14:17:51 (permalink)

nigrate  -- (that's poop Kyler .. that kills wild trout and what the bugs they eat Kyler) 

Those are some beautiful trout Skip and Brian caught, a? 

SilverKype
Pro Angler
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/23 14:19:07 (permalink)
..maybe he''l let you come catch some of his "wild" trout for a small fee... ask him...

SilverKype
Pro Angler
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/23 14:19:43 (permalink)
...don't forget to check out the Six Spring Springs hatchery K....

SilverKype
Pro Angler
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/23 14:20:30 (permalink)
...and get some pink san juan worms with grizzly hackle.  You'll catch every one of those "wild" pellet-fed trout.

SilverKype
Pro Angler
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/23 14:21:03 (permalink)
...and check out those "stream reared" g@ybos.

SilverKype
Pro Angler
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/23 14:21:20 (permalink)
..I mean rainbows

SilverKype
Pro Angler
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/23 14:23:28 (permalink)
..and throw some beetles in December because beetles hatch then, you know...

SilverKype
Pro Angler
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/23 14:24:09 (permalink)
 ... the trout think beetles are pellets Kyler.....hint hint

SilverKype
Pro Angler
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/23 16:00:54 (permalink)
...and if I am ****ing on the internet.      I don't want to be on the "inside" of those posted signs Mr. 

And no, I would not want access to his turd water and fish that key in on indicators rather than the actual hatch.  Nor do I want his turds emptying into the J or flowing thru Spruce Creek.  Any fisherperson of decent morals and values, would not either.  That's the underlying problem.   I hope you see the light Kyler.
post edited by SilverKype - 2007/05/23 16:01:13

T.T.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1656
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/23 16:01:05 (permalink)
Git 'em!
steelydaze
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 376
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/23 16:12:43 (permalink)
Yeah I guess D. Beavers a person we should all praise. The corps takes his families property and whats he do? Take advantage of a situation up Erie and screw the rest of us. All hail D. Beaver! King**** on Turd Island.[sm=****.gif]
kyler16
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2396
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/23 16:19:55 (permalink)
wow alot of reading and typing went on there. but no thinking. nitrates..... huh well if the nitrates are so high.... how come the water isnt loaded with green algea? oh I forgot algea usually growns with high nitrates and high phophates which usuaully come from sewage enriched waters.  but Ill gladly meet you at those places wit my ammonia , nitrite and nitrates test kits just to see wether there really is a 40% difference or if its just the ones who dislike him say that to the ones who dont.

Keep thinking of excuses, keep blaming things on everything but yourselves but Ill agree with spoon we are our own worse enemys. Especally the ones who think they do no wrong when they bash one but not another.  If your all going to be tree hugging hippies or donny beaver haters why dont you just go after the walmarts, gander mountians, cabelas, and petroleum companies.

Whose to belame for the Susqie being so polluted and unfishable? Whose fault is it that soon lake erie will be unfishable from the banks in ohio, and whose fault will it be when the only places left with fish are those Privatly owned waters?

im sure people like donny beaver will be getting the blame but never the real people who are behind it.

Ill never be able to afford the cost of what it takes to be a member of those precious clubs or get to take 2 weeks off and go out west to fish rivers that never seen man. but Ill be able to say I dont blame someone with money for my wrong doing or those who think that its ok to leave their 12 empty old milwaukee beer cans laying on the rivers edge.
steelydaze
Expert Angler
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/23 16:38:22 (permalink)
Your a lost cause
kyler16
Pro Angler
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/23 16:43:05 (permalink)
and whose to say you or anyone else arent as well?
steelydaze
Expert Angler
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/23 16:47:34 (permalink)
Don't get to big of a chubby when you're fishin wit your new buddy.
kyler16
Pro Angler
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/23 16:51:52 (permalink)
and your intelligence shows
SilverKype
Pro Angler
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/23 16:59:27 (permalink)
You sound like DB!!!!  That's pretty funny.   I don't think I can put the blame on myself or 99% of the people here for killing native trout.

Have you ever even seen Spruce Creek?  Maybe Spring Creek like at flyfishersman's paradise.. weren't you the one asking about it a few months ago?  Yes, you were.  You needed directions.

So .. the difference between someone littering a 12 pack and dumping 300 overgrown brown trout (a brown 15" + turns it much of its diet to smaller fish btw... hint hint) into one hole and polluting the water with dog food ... is what?   In terms of health of the fish?

ahhh.... the "hidden" feeders and dog food goes unnoticed by the average human.  That's about it.  Out of sight out of mind I guess..

Most hatches do not exist anymore on Spruce because of fish crap and cow crap.  Do you understand that?  Do you have any idea what's even going on?  Any clue?  Do you have ANY facts .. or just emotions?  Why are you supporting someone who contributes to such?   I don't care for your tests, tests are already done.

This isn't about Walmart or the Susqy, or gander mountain and what they are doing .. you bought up DB...no need to change the subject.  Keep living in your little hole while your friend kills all of those trout that you claim to be so beautiful. 

steelydaze
Expert Angler
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/23 17:39:46 (permalink)
I'm smart enough not to defend D.Beaver, the socalled conservationist, and what he stands for. Why would you believe anything he says? All I can figure out is that he is desperate need of some good P.R. and playing the misunderstood nice guy is the only chance he's got. Ask him how many friends he's got that fished a certain section of a stream in Ohio that he's leased. Oh well, have fun.
kyler16
Pro Angler
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/23 17:58:38 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: SilverKype

So .. the difference between someone littering a 12 pack and dumping 300 overgrown brown trout (a brown 15" + turns it much of its diet to smaller fish btw... hint hint) into one hole and polluting the water with dog food ... is what?   In terms of health of the fish?

I could of swore that river was defended as having natural reporduction of brown trout....yup is does checking it right here. but you must have ment rainbows.
Yes Ive fished all those streams, i guess im not a PURIST to know the differance...........whoa you mentioned something about the cow crap being dumped in the rivers.... I guess those farmers put them there for DB right?

Whats funny is you can think your right and I can think im right.... but our arguement isnt going to solve anything. and it was said best agree with donny beaver or disagree with donny beaver its going to cost you either way. 

He hasnt given me a cent, but for the fact hes wealthy and a busy man and had enough time to answer my questions and speak to me as an adult not like some of you with your "so called tough guy additudes" means alot.

Ive fished those rivers, ive fished in erie.... and all the land hes owned hasnt interfered with me having a good time. the only thing that kept me havin a good time is running into people who blame donnie beaver for ruining fishing.... guess the fish I was catching were stupid.

ps. if you catch a fish on a beatle pattern in the winter time and its a nice fish....why are you crying? atleast your catching fish. but I guess thats part in being a so called purist.
thedrake
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1948
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/23 18:37:47 (permalink)
In my spare time I guide for the local outfitter that was involved in the lawsuit against the spring ridge club; therefore, I would consider myself "in the know" about the ordeal.

Having guided on and fished in spruce creek, I can definately say that spruce is suffering from the stocking, and feeding of fish. That stream is packed full of trout. and when I say that I mean it. Pull off the road, and look in the water. You will be able to see loads of football sized bows all through the stream in and near the src's water. Turn over some rocks, and you'll realize that there are very few mayflies left. In fact, there is barely a sulphur hatch in the stream, when a few years ago, it was prolific. If you fish the PSU water on spruce, you may be lucky enough to catch the "pellet hatch". There are more than a few people who have witnessed this.

The SRC considers their practices to be sound, but anyone with a brain in their head should realize that stocking and feeding fish in streams that can sustain wild fish is a bad idea. Yellow Creek in Bedford county is a good example. Years ago, I could fish the flyfish only stretch of YC and often catch browns the size of your pinky. It was obvious that these fish were wild and abundant. Within the past 2 years, I have not caught one brown this size. In my opinion, all the large fish that are being stocked there by the SRC is hurting this wild population of fish. Instead of catching those beautiful wild browns in Yellow Creek, you catch big ugly stocked pellet fed bows, that are shaped like footballs and put up nearly no fight. Some anglers like these fish, as they are large and easy to catch; however, their not my cup of tea.

Kyler, please dont buy into the idea that the SRC and Donny Beaver are good. While keeping the streams private, they may prevent litter, overpressure, etc on the stream, but they "litter" the stream with pellets and stocked bows, and create a tough environment for the wild and native trout that live there.

Some people believe that private water is a good thing. I too believed that once, until I realized that the majority of people do not know what is good for a stream. You would think that since the SRC has their own biologist, that they would know whats good for a stream and act accordingly. Unfortunatley, it seems, they only have one to say that they do. No good biologist would recommend feeding stockies in any stream that supports wild fish. A wiser man than myself once said "some people can put their morals in their back pockets in order to make a buck"....thats surely the case here.
post edited by thedrake - 2007/05/23 18:39:56
kyler16
Pro Angler
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/23 19:12:55 (permalink)
I dont defend the stocking of larger fish on a already over populated stream. I defend the fact of privatizing. I defend the ideas of cleaning up a stream. But do u think over time if not stocked with pellet heads the streams would be catching natural wild fish the size of what can be caught in the mid west?  I never once said DB was a conservationist, I said I defend his right to purchase and lease land but some people have a hard time digesting that its a god given right. 
FlySteelh
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 50
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/23 19:34:37 (permalink)
Kyler16, Karma has a way of putting shrapnel in your ars.
Go defend the Beave, People in the know, tell me he's on the run to Colorado where private streams are the norm.

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 6
Jump to: