Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
peacymike
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 540
  • Reward points: 0
2008/08/16 21:50:55 (permalink)

kill

them doe are out to make new babies kill them off you have none; come on guys you don 't need the meat. show the the****hole we don't need a doe kill. you see in the long run no deer

73 Replies Related Threads

SPIKER
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 165
    RE: kill 2008/08/16 22:05:48 (permalink)
    Yep buy doe tags and dont use them,agreed Mike.Alot of hunters just dont seem to get the point,healthier heard does not meen shooting every deer in sight!I remember seeing heards of deer now what do ya got,private land owners that didnt shoot doe having all the deer.
    saltydog
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 286
    RE: kill 2008/08/17 21:21:06 (permalink)
    i am going to kill  a  doe.
    *commander*
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2647
    RE: kill 2008/08/17 22:54:17 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: peacymike

them doe are out to make new babies kill them off you have none; come on guys you don 't need the meat. show the the****hole we don't need a doe kill. you see in the long run no deer

the deer are in the woods. you have to find them, then shoot them with a bullet or arrow. good luck with the upcoming season. hope you fellas do well.
    post edited by *commander* - 2008/08/17 23:58:29
    gobyking
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1195
    RE: kill 2008/08/17 23:51:44 (permalink)
    Welcome to the new Somerset Launch Thread that was removed. Now you can enjoy Commander vs. Peacymike,Stealy4Me,Coolerful1,and Catman610 (who the latter four are all the same 2 guys). They will call each other **** and say stuff about jelly, and the call each other **** again over and over, with a couple of A-hole comments thrown in from the latter 4 or 2. Fascinating.

Too many doe in the woods and the disparity between the buck to doe ratio should be less for a herd, depending on which area you live in ( and that is also dependent on which couple square miles you hunt).

*commander*
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2647
    RE: kill 2008/08/17 23:59:53 (permalink)
    i have since made amends with peacy and stealys and their aliases(sp) and wish them well.
    gobyking
    Pro Angler
    RE: kill 2008/08/18 00:39:15 (permalink)
    Time will tell, now DREAM ON.

Doe ratios can fluctuate from township to township, or even on a smaller scale. All is in the eye of the beholder, or glass half empty or half full. No answer is right.
    peacymike
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 540
    RE: kill 2008/08/18 22:41:46 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: saltydog

i am going to kill  a  doe.
    going to green county to kill them like everybody . there's a doe behind every tree down there and there's no trees
    Dr. Trout
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4417
    RE: kill 2008/08/19 10:10:36 (permalink)
    I got my 2F..

a DMAP for clear creek

and am trying to get a personal property DMAP..

I'll fill all of the tags I get..

just love that tender venison.....
    Carpet Bagger
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1834
    RE: kill 2008/08/19 10:17:41 (permalink)
    Around 2b you could kill deer and they still would be running around in masses.

Ive been seeing alot of deer lately pretty much every other night it seems...i wont hesitate to fill my doe tags in the late seasons if the oppertunity presents its self.

Biggest joke of all is the antler restrictions...It keeps too much of the bad genetics in the herd.  Need to drop the spikes...

CB
    I never thought I'd say this, but I love my Sport-Craft!
    tippecanoe
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1451
    RE: kill 2008/08/19 11:49:59 (permalink)
    some parts of greene co dont have too many deer.  the disease wiped out a crap load of them at my folks house last year.  have had a trail cam out in several places, only seeing the same couple of deer.  Very few youngins!
    Carpet Bagger
    Pro Angler
    RE: kill 2008/08/29 00:04:10 (permalink)
    The farm we hunt in 2b is polluted with Doe...They are under every down branch some days...We are really gonna wack away at em this year....

CB
    DanesDad
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3087
    RE: kill 2008/08/29 00:48:38 (permalink)
    Whack em and stack em!
    Carpet Bagger
    Pro Angler
    RE: kill 2008/08/29 10:36:10 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: DanesDad

Whack em and stack em!

Im hoping to put atleast 5 in the freezer this year.  From both PA and WV.

Just love them der backstraps.

CB
    Big Fathead
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 915
    RE: kill 2008/08/29 11:41:48 (permalink)
    2-2D tags, Will buy 6-8 2B tage and probably bag a buck! I may or may not shoot a doe in 2D depending on what I see there in archery season. If my personal assesment of the area I hunt is that there are too many doe I will whack 1 or maybe 2. Also depends on how many kids shoot a deer from our camp, We give them priority and they are always welcone to shoot a doe! Now 2B thats a different story I will whack every doe I see where I hunt. It amazes me how much they remind me of hot sausage and hot sticks when their walking through the woods. It's up to each individual hunter to scout the area they hunt and make a fair determination if they should be shooting doe in that area by what they see, signs, herd, and so fourth. There are areas that must have doe harvested and areas that should have none harvested. The Game Commission does not have the ability to micro manage these areas It's up to us. Just my thoughts!
    CATMAN610
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 443
    RE: kill 2008/08/30 09:44:20 (permalink)
    this was not the somerset lake launch until you came on with your water-head comments, the latter four are the same 2 guys?,,your a moron, btw there are alot less deer, but that means more time in the woods to find one,,or 3,, and thats fine with me. Years ago when the deer were everywhere, the same guys who killed them then are still getting them now, and the guys who don't get any now couldn't get one then either.
    thedrake
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1948
    RE: kill 2008/08/30 22:15:03 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Carpet Bagger

Biggest joke of all is the antler restrictions...It keeps too much of the bad genetics in the herd.  Need to drop the spikes...

I couldn't disagree more....

A spike this year could be a giant in a few years. The only way to know is to let it grow up. Chances are, the spikes you see are very young deer who haven't been given a chance to show what their genetics will bring.

You'll never know what a buck's true potential is until it matures, and therefore could not judge a deer's potential when it's a spike. I would like someone to show me a pic of a 3.5 year old spike.
    gobyking
    Pro Angler
    RE: kill 2008/08/31 00:50:41 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: CATMAN610

this was not the somerset lake launch until you came on with your water-head comments, the latter four are the same 2 guys?,,your a moron, btw there are alot less deer, but that means more time in the woods to find one,,or 3,, and thats fine with me. Years ago when the deer were everywhere, the same guys who killed them then are still getting them now, and the guys who don't get any now couldn't get one then either.

Yep, you are correct,,, There was a slight problem with the wasting disease last year,,,,,, I didn't have a problem,, I guess you could equate your statement about the guys who are still getting them now and the guys who still aren't getting them equals the rate of unsuccessful men to bag a woman. EWE MUS FIT THU BILL 

Hard not to figure out your typing and caps problem, moron.
    CATMAN610
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 443
    RE: kill 2008/08/31 23:42:46 (permalink)
    wOw yOU trUELy aRE REtarDeD

again this will end my returning to this thread,,enjoy jerking yourself off to this.
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5026
    RE: kill 2008/09/01 07:46:03 (permalink)
    CB, I used to think the same way spank the spikes and scrubs get them out of the herd before breeding...Here are pictures of a buck that was a scrubber at 1 1/2. First saw his picture, thought he needs culled out. This year he is a nice little 8..Now if I could get 2 more years on him...I think he would be a trophy buck....

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

gobyking
    Pro Angler
    RE: kill 2008/09/03 01:24:47 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: CATMAN610

wOw yOU trUELy aRE REtarDeD

again this will end my returning to this thread,,enjoy jerking yourself off to this.

Well, since I live here in 2B, there are a LOT of deer. You possibly need to go to a NEW PLACE which may hold MORE DEER. Morons tend to stick with what they know.

There are way to many deer in 2B, just need to find the right spot. Hell, I had 10 doe by my mineral lick in a 3 acre backyard today. 90 degrees at 1:30 PM and lots of cars on the main road passing by!

You BS artists need to get off the computer and out in the woods and scout!
    sugarfuzz12
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 527
    RE: kill 2008/09/03 06:18:51 (permalink)
    so how do u know those 2 deer are the same buck?
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5026
    RE: kill 2008/09/03 06:45:48 (permalink)
    I have many photos of him last year and this year. You can compare them and see he is the same deer.

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

dpms
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3508
    RE: kill 2008/09/03 07:50:02 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: thedrake

ORIGINAL: Carpet Bagger

I couldn't disagree more....

A spike this year could be a giant in a few years. The only way to know is to let it grow up. Chances are, the spikes you see are very young deer who haven't been given a chance to show what their genetics will bring.

You'll never know what a buck's true potential is until it matures, and therefore could not judge a deer's potential when it's a spike. I would like someone to show me a pic of a 3.5 year old spike.

Drake is absolutely correct.  Recent studies have proven that spikes will catch up to yearling 8 points or even 10's with age. 

In a wild free ranging herd, you cannot alter the genetics.  Look at those Texas boys behind high fences.  If genetics were so easily altered, why do they have to shoot cull bucks every year?

Plus, genetic studies have shown that the doe provides 60% of the input into the antler potential.
    MuskyMastr
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3032
    RE: kill 2008/09/03 09:10:00 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: dpms

Drake is absolutely correct.  Recent studies have proven that spikes will catch up to yearling 8 points or even 10's with age. 

In a wild free ranging herd, you cannot alter the genetics.  Look at those Texas boys behind high fences.  If genetics were so easily altered, why do they have to shoot cull bucks every year?

Plus, genetic studies have shown that the doe provides 60% of the input into the antler potential.

This is not entirely accurate.  Recent studies have shown that spikes can still mature into nice deer (8's 10's and better), however a spike will not surpass in inches an 8 pt in its same age class (under the same environmental conditions).  The spike can become a decent buck, but not as nice as an 8 pt of the same age.   It is true that most of the antler potential comes from the doe, however the other 40 % is not chicken scratch.

Better too far back, than too far forward.
    dpms
    Pro Angler
    RE: kill 2008/09/03 11:55:01 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: MuskyMastr

The spike can become a decent buck, but not as nice as an 8 pt of the same age.  

Dr. Kroll's study shows that those two hypothetical bucks will be essentially equal by 4.5.  It is the most comprehensive study ever done on spike bucks.

Also, that hypothetical spike has the potential to become a great buck, not just a decent one.  Again, according to this study.
    post edited by dpms - 2008/09/03 11:56:08
    S-10
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5185
    RE: kill 2008/09/03 12:52:16 (permalink)
    (that hypothetical spike has the potiental to become a great buck, not just a decent one)

This assumes that the spike is that way because of being born late, lack of food, or some other initial growth limiting factor, and is not because of inferior genetic makeup.
    MuskyMastr
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3032
    RE: kill 2008/09/03 13:32:35 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: dpms

Dr. Kroll's study shows that those two hypothetical bucks will be essentially equal by 4.5.  It is the most comprehensive study ever done on spike bucks.

Also, that hypothetical spike has the potential to become a great buck, not just a decent one.  Again, according to this study.

First Kroll only found that 48% of spikes and forkhorns grew to similar size classes at older ages
    48% is not an overwhelming majority.
    Secondly Kroll is looking at deer in a single generation and not genetic compositon over several generations.

Additionally according to a very similar study at Texas A&M the results were the opposite.  Demonstrating a 10 to 15 inch difference in racks at 5 years old.

Better too far back, than too far forward.
    dpms
    Pro Angler
    RE: kill 2008/09/03 15:14:19 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: S-10

This assumes that the spike is that way because of being born late, lack of food, or some other initial growth limiting factor, and is not because of inferior genetic makeup.

It does, but we would not know what the cause is until we let em grow and see the potential they have.

DanesDad
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3087
    RE: kill 2008/09/05 21:09:02 (permalink)
    Genetics are overrated in the growth of large antlered bucks.  Health of the mother, good nutrition and feed, and being allowed to live longer are WAY more important.
    Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to: