PINNING SOON

Author
pin_drifter
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 253
  • Reward points: 0
2008/07/18 15:08:52 (permalink)

PINNING SOON

Hey guys won't be long now the pins will be out again. Anyone getting any new gear. Anyone check out the new Arnold Kings pins ?

Quit ****ing and take a kid fishing !!

25 Replies Related Threads

deathroe
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 75
    RE: PINNING SOON 2008/07/24 14:00:03 (permalink)
    tommybanzai
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 609
    RE: PINNING SOON 2008/07/24 15:38:48 (permalink)
    Break the pin out?...who says you had to put it away for the summer

Hmmmm... I never seen that Okuma before. I would be curious to se it in action. The only downside I see to that drag system would be trying to loosen/tighten the drag when you have a fish on. Would have to stop the spool briefly and sneak a finger in to adjust it.
    pin_drifter
    Expert Angler
    RE: PINNING SOON 2008/07/24 23:31:26 (permalink)
    Okuma lol omg what next. If your going to buy a reel least get something better than a okuma just my 2 cents.
    King pin, Islander, Apex, stanton, Raven all top end reels. Ross came out with the Flow not impressed at all poorly designed reel. Ross makes excellent fly reels but as to pinning they need to stick with the reels that made them famous and that's fly reels.

deathroe
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 75
    RE: PINNING SOON 2008/07/25 11:44:28 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: tommybanzai

Break the pin out?...who says you had to put it away for the summer

Hmmmm... I never seen that Okuma before. I would be curious to se it in action. The only downside I see to that drag system would be trying to loosen/tighten the drag when you have a fish on. Would have to stop the spool briefly and sneak a finger in to adjust it.

I fished the new Okuma in the prototype stage. Once the drag is set you never have to adjust it. You can still add drag (if needed) with your hand on bigger fish .
    mxdad66
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 751
    RE: PINNING SOON 2008/07/26 11:56:37 (permalink)
    OUT,never put it away.Did buy another Okuma Sheffield reel and spooled it up with 6lb and will keep the other with 10lb.for the big boys
    Carphead
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 284
    RE: PINNING SOON 2008/07/27 22:53:14 (permalink)
    Pin drifter, granted an Apex is better than an okuma, how do you suggest someone finds one? Or pay for it for that matter. Thats a hard reel to find, very small amount made.
    pin_drifter
    Expert Angler
    RE: PINNING SOON 2008/07/28 07:15:31 (permalink)
    Crap just have to know where to look i actually find several that are for sale used remind you excellent shape, for a not to bad of a price tag, all depends on what you like and what you want.

Carphead
    Expert Angler
    RE: PINNING SOON 2008/07/28 16:48:00 (permalink)
    Are you talking about the Apex reel made by Mike Lamanan out of Ontario, Canada? This is the only Apex I know of and only about 250 were made. I have never seen one, or one for sale, and for such a small number produced, you'd think they would fetch a pretty penny. I guess I'm not lookng hard enough. If you find several others, or one let me know.
    pin_drifter
    Expert Angler
    RE: PINNING SOON 2008/07/29 07:18:50 (permalink)
    carp floatfishing.net that's where you will find some very nice reels and very nice sticks for sale. And yes it all from Canada.

Carphead
    Expert Angler
    RE: PINNING SOON 2008/07/29 21:51:10 (permalink)
    What do you mean it is all from Canada? And are we talking about the same Apex reels as stated in my previous post. Do you remember how much they were going for? Being fairly rare I'd think they would be quite exspensive.
    pin_drifter
    Expert Angler
    RE: PINNING SOON 2008/07/30 07:07:41 (permalink)
    Yes anywhere from $600 to $900 depending on what you was looking for. I gave you the site. It's called floatfishing.net.        I hope this helps.

tommybanzai
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 609
    RE: PINNING SOON 2008/07/30 10:51:01 (permalink)
    *cough* pinning this afternoon 
    Roy D. Mercer
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 141
    RE: PINNING SOON 2008/07/30 15:05:49 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: pin_drifter

Yes anywhere from $600 to $900 depending on what you was looking for. I gave you the site. It's called floatfishing.net.        I hope this helps.

Are you on drugs? LMAO! 300.00 Apex reels, Okuma reels are garbage.... What's next? Gas is going back to 1.25 a gallon and the DoDo bird is going to return from extiction?  I've been a member of that site since they operated using the old scrolling message board, (at least 5 yrs) and the very least I've seen an original Apex being advertised for was 1200.00. What do you mean by "depending what you was looking for"?? Is the price difference from 300.00 to 900.00 for an Apex that has been run over by a truck, and one that has just been "dropped" a few times?  Seriously, over the past year I have seen you and your friend come on here and make remarks that were misleading or inaccurate, and based largely on nothing. From rod blanks to reels, the two of you proclaim to know just enough to be dangerous...  To put it plainly, do your homework when offering information, you're not the only person who knows how to type in "centerpin" and hit a search key. Everything within this sport is based on what a person is comfortable using and can afford. Although many of us enjoy using custom reels/rods and the attention to detail that USUALLY, and I stress Usually, goes along with them, most are relegated to make a house or car payment than buy a fishing reel.  If someone likes his/her Okuma so be it, I've seen plenty of guys with tackle that in your words is junk/laughable, make the fool who went out and bought 3000.00 worth of gear look like a rich chump streamside. Let me clarify... IT'S NOT THE PRICE TAG OF THE ROD OR THE REEL THAT PUTS FISH ON THE BANK. Oh, by the way...  If you're going to use somebody's quote as your own, get it right.  John Collina's, (AKA "JC Custom Tackle") personal quote affixed to his signature while posting is quote; "I told her one more drift... She left me cab fare." 

Later DuuD. 
    post edited by Roy D. Mercer - 2008/07/30 15:09:12
    Carphead
    Expert Angler
    RE: PINNING SOON 2008/07/30 16:38:44 (permalink)
    Thats what I was getting at as far as a price of an Apex reel. There is no way you'd find a reel like that that cheap. Take it easy on him Roy lol, maybe he got the Apex mixed up with another type of float reel.
    pin_drifter
    Expert Angler
    RE: PINNING SOON 2008/07/30 17:15:58 (permalink)
    First of all Roy Boy for your information, I never said that Apex reels where new did i. I have seen many that where on the used forum for sale. Okuma in my own opinion are nothing but junk but that's my opinion. And for your information I use a low end float stick made by ST.Croix called a 13ft wild river. And i use a Raven SST which i have used for 5 season and countless fish with no problems. So where ever you come off running your mouth about high end reels,rods,etc. It's all what you like and your correct just because you have a 5,000 dollar rig doesn't make you a better fisherman. I was just saying that i was looking to upgrade myself and i did i went with a Loomis GLX3 1562 to be exact. 13 fter, And i could careless about your dinosaur **** Begin on here for 50 years. Maybe you have your thoughts and your ideas about how you do things,but wait old people always have the same ideas how things should be and are scared of change or trying new things this is 2008 not 1950's. And does it bother you i can spell center pin. I never said that i was a expert but i have been doing for about 8 years now and i am always learning new and everything i can about the sport. Let's see steel head season is approaching I'll be more than happy to get together and fish with you. With my St Croix, I'll leave the Loomis at home since i haven't fished it much yet. So if you think your going to walk all over me old buck i think you have another thing coming. So if you want to fish with me i would be more than glad to fish with you any day anytime work permitting. And i do work for my money and i buy what i want to buy. so before you go judging me and don't even know me i think you have alot of balls. I had another gent last year called me out i showed up we fished where he wanted to fish and he shut up. And now we are pretty good old boys. Not saying i can out fish you, or i am better than you, just stating the fact if you wanna run your mouth I'll be more than happy to fish with you fish for fish. If you want we can put some wager on it, i do have a good job that permits me to do that if need be. And the quote to John Collin she told me one more drift she left me cab fare well i liked it and changed it to she told me one more drift she left me. So to me seems you need to go get your eyes checked or glasses  before we fish going to suck all day when you keep changing your flys,or bait trying to figure out what i am hammering fishing on.  Hurry get back to me can't wait to see what you have to reply with pappy.

pin_drifter
    Expert Angler
    RE: PINNING SOON 2008/07/30 17:37:23 (permalink)
    I do apologize i have seen Apex reels for 800- 900 for sale on there i know i have. But the reel i was thinking for the 500 700 range was Angling specialties center pin reels. My bad whoever i misinformed. Thanks craphead for pointing that out. And as far as Okuma reels go i am sorry maybe their are people that like that reel for me i don't think it's a good reel at all you better off with a nice quantum pti or something on that order. But i would never put anyone down for what they like to use. I am not here to create waves or be a **** i just talk fishing with others like anyone else. So sorry if  i mislead anyone my bad sorry.

Roy D. Mercer
    Avid Angler
    RE: PINNING SOON 2008/07/30 17:47:53 (permalink)
    Two words....  Snoopy Rod.  Let me git my bucket and stogies. This will be my weapon of choice when, and if you would like to carry on with this challenge you've posted. I cleaned up on the Blue Pike back in the 50's with one, and I'll do the same with those overgrown pelletheads. Hell, I may be singlehandedly responsible for the demise of the Blue Pike with this rod... Maybe when I'm finished laying a lesson on yur young buck azz you'll be touting the power of this magnificent piece of fishing tackle.  I don't care what kinda fancy gear you got.... All I need is a case of Genny an some egg sinkers, sponge dipped in herring, an' some marshmallows to hold it up off the bottom, and I'll show you the meaning of samen fishing. You'll need a winch on yur 79' pickup to drag the ****ed stringer up the hill. An while yur at it put yur mom's freezer in da back cuz when I'm done ropin' em the season will be over. I was samen champion of Camp Koho (elk Crick) for 76' 78' 79' an' 80', so you'de better bring your A game... and I don't mean this silly BS you'rte talkin' on here. You young bucks will never learn, just keep spendin' money. Check out Fishing Facts Mag from Oct. 86' an you'll get an idea.
    pin_drifter
    Expert Angler
    RE: PINNING SOON 2008/07/30 17:54:48 (permalink)
    Now Roy your sounding more like me sound like a okay guy after all be fun will def get together i'll bring the freezer and the 79 ford you bring the genny.

pin_drifter
    Expert Angler
    RE: PINNING SOON 2008/07/30 17:57:48 (permalink)
    Hey wait i haven't seen anyone catching samen anymore   steelhead yeah. I have seen a coho every now and then so going to be kinda hard to show me how to catch samen with herring oil and a sponge lol .

Roy D. Mercer
    Avid Angler
    RE: PINNING SOON 2008/07/30 18:12:33 (permalink)
    Stick wit me Young Buck and I'll teech ya everything I know. Too many punks out there these days buyin tackle just to stimulate the economy if ya know what I mean. Ask dan at E.C.S about Ol' Mercer... I used to quit fishin after bout a few hrs cuz the people would wanna talk an BS about my tactics for samen. don't worry, I got a couple of samen spots that produce every year, nevermind the naysayers an the fact that samen haven't been stocked in years. There still around, justr gotta know where ta look.
    We used to anchor my pontoon halfway up around the first bend at Elk Crick on the inside bend an have at em untill yer arms ached. Buddies knew where to find me by followin' all the empty Genny cans coming down the crick. Them were that days. I'll put up some pics if I can find em'
    post edited by Roy D. Mercer - 2008/07/30 18:14:50
    steelydaze
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 376
    RE: PINNING SOON 2008/07/30 21:07:32 (permalink)
    I member da first time I met ol mercer. It was in the early 80's, I was 5yrs old an he had to be bout 35. I asked him wat he was catchin his samen on and he screamed "here now you know you little as_ h_le!" as he threw his bucket at me. Fireballs,snaggin hooks,cheese balls, and marshmellows went flying everywhere. Da second time I ran into him he was tanked up, staggering out of the bar by the Girald Dinor. My dad and I bought him a Eman samich an ever since then he shows us how to catch those samen. Thanx Roy

She had bad body odor but boy could she sure skin a salmon!
    "Trust but verify" R.R.
    Roy D. Mercer
    Avid Angler
    RE: PINNING SOON 2008/07/30 21:43:20 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: steelydaze

I member da first time I met ol mercer. It was in the early 80's, I was 5yrs old an he had to be bout 35. I asked him wat he was catchin his samen on and he screamed "here now you know you little as_ h_le!" as he threw his bucket at me. Fireballs,snaggin hooks,cheese balls, and marshmellows went flying everywhere. Da second time I ran into him he was tanked up, staggering out of the bar by the Girald Dinor. My dad and I bought him a Eman samich an ever since then he shows us how to catch those samen. Thanx Roy

No Problem there. Don't mention it. You were the young fellow that was there at walnut when the Big Boys from Fishing Facts was there? They stood on the bridge overlookin manchester an watched me hook one after another. Kept tellin me to hold em up an then they would snap a picture. I ended up talkin to the Gents an they did an article that included some info from me and a few pics of the hogs we had on the stringer. My old lady was ****ed cuz when my suscription came she saw me smokin my pipe that I told her I quit, but thats another story. I remember your dad an BS'n at the Dinor, but i wasn't drunk, believe me, it would take more beer than I could carry to get me lit back in those days. Tell your Dad Roy said hello, maybe we'll meet up for some samen this fall. 
    steelydaze
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 376
    RE: PINNING SOON 2008/07/31 10:25:53 (permalink)
    Yeah that was me. Samen in the fall sounds great,can't wait. I still got the redball hipboots you gave me.

She had bad body odor but boy could she sure skin a salmon!
    "Trust but verify" R.R.
    jonnyfishon
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2089
    RE: PINNING SOON 2008/07/31 20:44:07 (permalink)
    YOu mean salmon right?
    Roy D. Mercer
    Avid Angler
    RE: PINNING SOON 2008/07/31 21:53:12 (permalink)
    Yeah, he means SAmen
    Jump to: